Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Princessadasha

Hiring process for Bus Operator (nutshell)

2 hours ago, Princessadasha said:

What are the steps to the MTA’s bus operator hiring process? What do u do during your first interview to the last interview 

First, welcome to the Forums! Have you introduced yourself here?

Second, in a "nutshell," the hiring process for Bus Operator is as follows:

You will get a letter in the mail inviting you to the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street, located in Downtown Brooklyn to begin the pre-employment process. The closest subway stations are the Jay Street/MetroTech (A), (C), (F) & (R) subway lines and the Hoyt-Schermerhorn (A), (C) & (G) subway lines. If you have ever been to the New York Transit Museum, then you're thinking correctly. The facility is also a nice walk from the Atlantic Avenue/Barclay Center station, which is also a Western terminal for the Long Island Railroad as well. The pre-employment process will involve handing in the paperwork that you got in the mail, having them look it over for any corrections, followed by taking a pre-employment drug test.

The next step will be for "Employment Operations" to contact you for your physical and final-processing, providing you don't get caught in a medical hold. Again, in a "nutshell," the most detailed posts I found about the physical can be viewed here and here. If you want more information, check out all of the links I posted in this thread.

The final step at Livingston Street will be "Final Processing." At final processing, the interviewer looks over all of your documents, you get your picture taken for your ID pass, you get entered into payroll, followed by instructions on when to report to 750 Zerega Avenue for the 10-day training session.

Hopefully this answers your question. Again, welcome to the Forums!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Princessadasha said:

Thank you so much 

You're welcome. And again, welcome to the Forums!!

• Thanks 1

Also umm do u know when is the next class? I went in today and they took all my information and said we will contact you for the next class. How often do they give the bus operator classes? 

1 hour ago, Princessadasha said:

Also umm do u know when is the next class? I went in today and they took all my information and said we will contact you for the next class. How often do they give the bus operator classes? 

Towards the bottom of this page, the next class is for July 8th.

Offhand, what is your exam number?

4600. I haven’t done anything yet, my medical yet or my boss exam.  I doubt they are putting me in the July 8th class. I’s there one after that one 

10 hours ago, Princessadasha said:

4600. I haven’t done anything yet, my medical yet or my boss exam.  I doubt they are putting me in the July 8th class. I’s there one after that one 

K. If that's the case, can you please do us a favor and post in this thread from now on? As per the guidelines, one of the things we ask our members to do is to "post in the relevant forum," since it doesn't make sense to make multiple threads for the same topic. Plus, as a result of this incident taking place, you're not the only one who's waiting to get hired off of the 4600 list, respectively.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1