Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Amtrak Passenger Engineer

Wow, I just looked at that one minute ago. Talk about timing about bringing it over to the website :cool:

I'M IN YOUR PC STEALING URZ WEB BROWSING HISTORY

cute_cat.jpg

I'd try to get this job but the chances of me getting it are too slim to bother.

- A

Hey, you never know. It's worth a shot. Unlike the MTA they don't charge you a fee to apply for it.

I'd try to get this job but the chances of me getting it are too slim to bother.

- A

Im thinking about it too. Well meet at Harrison;) You headed back towards PA, and me headed to New York Penn, and beyond.;)

Yea, i don't really have a way to get there reliably. Plus i'm not ready for that kind of responsibility. I mean once i was at trenton i'd just hitch a ride on whatever train, but getting there doesn't work aside from once a week. Maybe if (SEPTA) had something. :);):cool:;)

- A

Sadly its even harder for me to get places in the car-centric PA. :mad:

In maybe a year or 2 i'd hop on that, but not now. Plus, i want to take a class at the local college on locomotive engineer basics! :cool:

- A

Not from what I read.

WORK EXPERIENCE: Some work experience demonstrating the ability to maintain alertness, awareness and vigilance, as well as clear, effective verbal communication skills in the performance of work. Satisfactory attendance and safe work record. Prior railroad operating experience and work history that demonstrates ability to adapt to variable and often changing work hours preferred. Preference given to individuals who were trained by a Class 1 carrier or equivalent passenger railroad and are currently certified as Class 1 Train Service Engineers.

Yea, read the one above, the pay is kind of low though for an engineer.

That might be the training rate until you pass the Amtrak version of schoolcar

That might be the training rate until you pass the Amtrak version of schoolcar

Yeah, it's a trainee position.