Curious

Smoot178

Nope. No special degrees needed. They train you for which ever position you get. You usually need to apply to take the exam which then based on your score, your name will be placed in a call list. From what some have said, it usually takes about a year or two to get called. Sadly, you just missed the recent application to take the exam in December.

Nope. No special degrees needed. They train you for which ever position you get. You usually need to apply to take the exam which then based on your score, your name will be placed in a call list. From what some have said, it usually takes about a year or two to get called. Sadly, you just missed the recent application to take the exam in December.

That is the exam for the Conductor, experience is not needed, however a HS diploma is. You can still apply for the Train Operator exam which will be early next year, that requires a 5 year any kind of job experience, which is full paid.

Good luck.

Unlike the t/o exam, the c/r exam is pretty basic and common sense stuff, it wouldn't be a problem to score high especially if you read the study book.

C/R should be ok, No degrees needed, all you need is a High School Diplma, the test is over btw, and you musy wait 4-6 years just to get to apply, as it ended Sept 23 from the 3rd...

But you can read the following, fir more information~

http://nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808094000.pdf

=] (You will need adobe reader to view this PDF~ Visit http://www.adobe.com/downloads or an alternative)

Oh no, I'm not taking it. I've told my mom a bazillion times that I'd like to do it, but she thinks I should go for an administrative position in the MTA when I'm done with college.

Plus, the uniforms are too loose for me. =P

Do what YOU want to do. It's your life. If you want to take the exams, you should apply for them. White collar jobs are boring. I work a white collar job and I hate it. Blue collar just seems more fun to me. Plus your work speaks for itself in blue collar jobs. Unlike white collar jobs.

Wait, so the next C/R exam won't be for 4 years? Really??

I applied and will be there in December. =)

Yes, Julio he last exam was in 2003 as well as T/O so that means C/R + T/O wont be accessible for another 4-5 years, but depenindng on the number of people getting retired and hired ;)

Do what YOU want to do. It's your life. If you want to take the exams, you should apply for them. White collar jobs are boring. I work a white collar job and I hate it. Blue collar just seems more fun to me. Plus your work speaks for itself in blue collar jobs. Unlike white collar jobs.

Good post. At the end of the day it's your call, not anyone else's.

Yes, Julio he last exam was in 2003 as well as T/O so that means C/R + T/O wont be accessible for another 4-5 years, but depenindng on the number of people getting retired and hired ;)

WOOOOW. Thank God I checked when I did... I still live in Florida but I'm moving back to NY in February or March...

I just happened to find these forums over the summer. Good thing I did. =)

Alright so I have been doing some research on becoming a T/O and I have decided that it may be the career path I want to follow. But I honestly don't know where to start.

At the moment I am in my Junior year of High School. I plan to finish it off and get into the T/O career. What should I be doing to prepare? I know that the entry exams only come every once in a few years, so I want to be ready for it. I basically want to max out my chances of getting into the career as soon and as quickly as possible.

What should I be doing to prepare?

WOOOOW. Thank God I checked when I did... I still live in Florida but I'm moving back to NY in February or March...

I just happened to find these forums over the summer. Good thing I did. =)

when u cumming for exam mate~

Yeah, dude, next time pick your words carefully..

O.O

To add to my previous post, is there a minimum age to apply for T/O?

Do you need past MTA experience?

Would it help to do a non safety concious job for them (aka cleaner) first? If so, what would the job choices be?

Would it help to know someone (aka a T/O) that works for the MTA?

Archived