Training Period For Train Operators

jmksi

On 7/7/2019 at 11:27 PM, jmksi said:

I'm in the July 22 class. How long does the training last? I've heard 6-8 months?

Also, I had a vacation planned for Feb. 2020, should I kiss that goodbye? Or is there any chance?

Although I'm not a Train Operator nor an NYC Transit employee, I'll tell you this:

Once you're done with Schoolcar, which is considered "training," you will have one year of probation to go through. Now, just like the other titles, if something happens, before they fire you, I'm assuming you'll get a warning, along with an extended probationary period, which, if I had to take an educated guess, could be up to 2 years. Therefore, it's up to you.

In addition, have you looked at this thread, this thread and this thread? It's going to take some time with all of those pages, however by reading everything, not only will you understand everything more in-depth, but hopefully you'll make a knowledgeable decision about when to re-book your vacation, compared to saying "goodbye" altogether.

Edited by +Young+

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Although I'm not a Train Operator or an NYC Transit employee, I'll tell you this:

Once you're done with Schoolcar, which is considered "training," you will have one year of probation to go through. Now, just like the other titles, if something happens, before they fire you, I'm assuming you'll get a warning, along with an extended probationary period, which, if I had to take an educated guess, could be up to 2 years. Therefore, it's up to you.

In addition, have you looked at this thread, this thread and this thread? It's going to take some time with all of those pages, however by reading everything, not only will you understand everything more in-depth, but hopefully you'll make a knowledgeable decision about when to re-book your vacation, compared to saying "goodbye" altogether.

One minor correction there. Probation begins as you start schoolcar. Therefore, after finishing, he won't have a full year-rather a few months left.