Farebeating Crackdown Begins...

Via Garibaldi 8

15 hours ago, DetSMART45 said:

OK, so I guess you also shoplift from stores, right? "I don't think that should be $8.00! I buy enough stuff from here regularly, I'm entitled to take this because this price is just unfair." Except that people who actually think that have MADE that product carry that $8.00 price tag because of people stealing. See it for real: Walk into a Walgreens/Duane Reade -- "corporate" policy lets anyone steal and walk away scot-free, while prices get raised/stores closed -- and everyone else pays the higher prices. From January 2018 in Manhattan:

So if you can't get proper service and you're late in the future because the MTA cuts service, you only have yourself to blame.

What ??? If the store does not have what I want the only opinion go to another store. I can’t pick another system beside the MTA within New York City so I understand why it happens, Did you read before you Quoted me ? 

Edited by Nova Fly Guy

9 hours ago, DetSMART45 said:

You know what point I was trying to get across, and just using you as a "reference point," so to speak.

But good to see that SOME of the bus operators actually follow policy (cat probably got a ride free on next bus -- and that's the problem).

I'm sure he did... That said, even if it isn't a problem in my neighborhood, it is DEFINITELY a problem in the general area. Down the hill at 231st and Broadway is where it happens regularly.

The enforcement method they're doing lacks common sense. From what I've seen, in Staten Island for the most part, is plain clothes and uniform officers posted at the FERRY. Ok nice you guys are posted at the ferry good job. Most people coming from the ferry are committing so 99% of the time, the MetroCard works. If you get caught you're just dumb. Most people now just walk to the next stop..Bay St and Nick Laporte Pl and get on extra disrespectful as they just beat the system. 

What they SHOULD BE DOING...is saving two plain clothed, or two uniform or whatever, just riding on random buses. Up and down the line. As people get on, if they don't pay, and theres a lot of them, they'll kick all of them off the bus. If it's one person, they can possibly give that person a ticket right on the bus or even have one person get off, and the cops will meet back up on another route. They should do this all day, that way when people get kicked off, 1) they aren't beating the system 2) they're not gonna want to wait for the next bus to expect the same thing to happen. If this is happening all across the island, people will stop, then after the major blitz for a few months, you can just have the eagle team and plain clothes officers kicking people off the bus. Plain and simple. The goal should be to stop people from fare beating who overcrowd buses, and make them aware that if you get caught its a $100 ticket or kicked off. 

What they're doing now is not working, and they know they don't care deep down, they're just tryna be politically correct, which is why the fare beating is not gonna stop. 

I'm gonna personally ask them if they have any routines, and give them suggestions of how to really tackle it. I would LOVE to be a cop kicking people off buses riding up and down the line. 

6 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The enforcement method they're doing lacks common sense. From what I've seen, in Staten Island for the most part, is plain clothes and uniform officers posted at the FERRY. Ok nice you guys are posted at the ferry good job. Most people coming from the ferry are committing so 99% of the time, the MetroCard works. If you get caught you're just dumb. Most people now just walk to the next stop..Bay St and Nick Laporte Pl and get on extra disrespectful as they just beat the system

What they SHOULD BE DOING...is saving two plain clothed, or two uniform or whatever, just riding on random buses. Up and down the line. As people get on, if they don't pay, and theres a lot of them, they'll kick all of them off the bus. If it's one person, they can possibly give that person a ticket right on the bus or even have one person get off, and the cops will meet back up on another route. They should do this all day, that way when people get kicked off, 1) they aren't beating the system 2) they're not gonna want to wait for the next bus to expect the same thing to happen. If this is happening all across the island, people will stop, then after the major blitz for a few months, you can just have the eagle team and plain clothes officers kicking people off the bus. Plain and simple. The goal should be to stop people from fare beating who overcrowd buses, and make them aware that if you get caught its a $100 ticket or kicked off. 

What they're doing now is not working, and they know they don't care deep down, they're just tryna be politically correct, which is why the fare beating is not gonna stop. 

I'm gonna personally ask them if they have any routines, and give them suggestions of how to really tackle it. I would LOVE to be a cop kicking people off buses riding up and down the line. 

The bolded section (and your further comments) cement my distant observation that PEOPLE DON'T G-A-F (bottom line) and they'll do anything to keep doing criminal activity -- even walking outside a "fare enforcement zone."

And, really, what happens if you get one of those "summonses"? Have to show ID? Well, we all know (or have been told) that it's just SOOOOOOOOOO prohibitively costly for 'poor' people to get IDs, yet somehow all those same people seem to be able to buy cigarettes at Rite Aid/Walgreens (Duane Reade, for you NYCers) especially since corporate-dictates have recently gone out that ALL "vice" purchases have to be with ID and prove you're over 21. So, show that ID to get your smokes, but then say you're too 'poor' to have one when collared for fare-evasion. -------- See how that works?

So you actually get a summons. You skip paying/going to the Brooklyn TAB bureau. Does a warrant get issued for you, like if you're driving a car, get cited for speeding, you flip the court the bird (not show up/pay), and they hunt you down? Heh, probably not -- especially since if you're collared in Manhattan, the DA has actually said, "It doesn't matter. Maybe if you kill someone, we'll add that you skipped paying, but just go on your way. It's no problem with us."

And then there's the subway/bus operations, where nobody says anything anyways. Position yourself toward the 45-foot mark (artic route)/30 foot mark (regular route) at the stop, wait for the bus, get on once the back door opens, and give the "hood-look" like you're some tuff-guy (even though everyone's in their own little world, sucking up 'free' WiFi, listening on their own 'free' Pandora stream).

Yeah, nothing really stopping you at any point in this game.

This "enforcement" is going to go down in flames. Mark my words.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, Nova Fly Guy said:

If you had good service or actually showed effort people would pay the fare. If I’m late 3 out of 5 days I work because of a lackluster system I would be reluctant to pay. Not saying it’s right I’m just looking at the real issue at hand.

Your exact words above, for anyone who missed them.

The last sentence gave it away, in my estimation, since you're attempting to justify  why people wouldn't pay.

Couple that with your second sentence, where it appears you're injecting your own experience. Why else would you just off-handedly "make-up" a scenario such as that when nobody else in the thread related some such personal experience?

Hey, if you pay all the time, you got nothing to take offense to. But judging by your reaction (and more importantly, your wording in the original post), I'm smelling something different. And it appeared I wasn't the only one. (Make sure you also consider all the other forum members who might have not chimed-in like I did as well.)

Since you're new here, I'll cut you some slack. But it doesn't make any diff to me whether you're a n00b or a senior, if I smell bullshit (and my very experienced nose with all of its years of mileage can get it in not even a half-whiff), I'll call it and let the chips fall where they do.

9 minutes ago, DetSMART45 said:

Your exact words above, for anyone who missed them.

The last sentence gave it away, in my estimation, since you're attempting to justify  why people wouldn't pay.

Couple that with your second sentence, where it appears you're injecting your own experience. Why else would you just off-handedly "make-up" a scenario such as that when nobody else in the thread related some such personal experience?

Hey, if you pay all the time, you got nothing to take offense to. But judging by your reaction (and more importantly, your wording in the original post), I'm smelling something different. And it appeared I wasn't the only one. (Make sure you also consider all the other forum members who might have not chimed-in like I did as well.)

Since you're new here, I'll cut you some slack. But it doesn't make any diff to me whether you're a n00b or a senior, if I smell bullshit (and my very experienced nose with all of its years of mileage can get it in not even a half-whiff), I'll call it and let the chips fall where they do.

Yeah your right about one thing I’m not offended one bit, I don’t justify anything I also don’t turn a blind eye to the issues of why people fare beat. Most real New Yorkers don’t care for this 2 bit ran system of fat cats soaking up all the money then crying murder. I don’t follow the smoke I rather see where it starts at which is the Top, Not new to anything when dealing with the MTA or New York period.

Edited by Nova Fly Guy

38 minutes ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

Yeah your right about one thing I’m not offended one bit, I don’t justify anything I also don’t turn a blind eye to the issues of why people fare beat. Most real New Yorkers don’t care for this 2 bit ran system of fat cats soaking up all the money then crying murder. I don’t follow the smoke I rather see where it starts at which is the Top, Not new to anything when dealing with the MTA or New York period.

Well.. When it comes to Kim Jung-Cuomo there is no way to make the system as pleasant, than making it dysfunctional for our fuhrer to get recognized as the man who can make things happen as if he were in a Disney Film. This man is just absurd, he has no regard for the riding public, and rather prefers the system to be in a condition of hell due to the fact that it gives him something to perform lip service on, builds his resume on "achievements" and puts a screen in front of you trying to cover up the truth with some Bullshit. I have read an article this morning which I will post in a new thread, about the new Transformation just looking like a Political Hack. The dirty politics of Cuomo will screw over New York State, man gives 2 flying f*cks about what happens with the (MTA) because he wants to be known as a savior. If Cuomo lets say achieves control of the agency, if he looses re-election in 2024 (New York State has no term limits for Governor) then it leaves his successor with a living hell. Now this Fare Evasion is seriously under control, it is saddening to hear a Board Member Blantantly state that she sees men in suits at Wall St Station Fare Evading, then there is a crisis. Fare Evasion crackdown is being approached in a wrong manner. Officers Plain Clothed and Uniformed should be riding up and down buses, and blending in with normal customers to stop this. But the Fuhrer is in charge, so this is all about him.

I think MTA Police need to focus on rough neighborhood or school areas where farebeating is common.

I seen some students use their StudentMetroCard on Q44 SBS machines on weekend.

Also B36 bus in front of Stillwell Av Subway Station

Jamaica Bus Terminal- check both MTA and NICE Bus.

3 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

I think MTA Police need to focus on rough neighborhood or school areas where farebeating is common.

I seen some students use their StudentMetroCard on Q44 SBS machines on weekend.

Also B36 bus in front of Stillwell Av Subway Station

Jamaica Bus Terminal- check both MTA and NICE Bus.

Add Flatbush/Nostrand Junction on the B41 on that list as well. Happens every weekday afternoon.

Or focus on providing adequate service levels and not lying to your customers. Fare beating is a joke and it’s not the cause of money loss or the decrease in ridership. Why pay for something that does not help me but I already paid for it ?? 

Everybody plays on the same points but none come from the Neighborhood that are effected by this. I would not expect non New Yorkers or a suburban Neighborhood like Riverdale or Queens to get it because they never will.

Edited by Nova Fly Guy

On 7/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, Nova Fly Guy said:

Or focus on providing adequate service levels and not lying to your customers. Fare beating is a joke and it’s not the cause of money loss or the decrease in ridership. Why pay for something that does not help me but I already paid for it ?? 

Everybody plays on the same points but none come from the Neighborhood that are effected by this. I would not expect non New Yorkers or a suburban Neighborhood like Riverdale or Queens to get it because they never will.

Adequate service level? Have you been to Queens? For the most part we have only two subway lines that are close to being the busiest in the whole city. 

MTA looks at the ridership by fare counts. You want service, you pay for service. Just look at S78. People told the MTA I’m not paying, MTA cuts service in half due to decreased ridership. The only people you are harming is the people in your neighborhood that actually pay.

Edited by Mtatransit