American Dream Meadowlands to open Oct 24

mfs NJT459

Which bus routes you think may serve this mall? I can think of a couple of routes and perhaps a new route from New York City via Union City to Meadowlands Mall or select 190s trips to the mall.

Routes: 703, 160, 163 and or 164 (maybe because already dealing with crushing loads on 40 foot buses), 772, 190s select trip buses, 76M( Meadowlands Mall from Newark Penn Station), possible Private carriers (DeCamp and Coach USA). 

Anybody else please your thoughts

On 7/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, Ron2themax said:

Which bus routes you think may serve this mall? I can think of a couple of routes and perhaps a new route from New York City via Union City to Meadowlands Mall or select 190s trips to the mall.

Routes: 703, 160, 163 and or 164 (maybe because already dealing with crushing loads on 40 foot buses), 772, 190s select trip buses, 76M( Meadowlands Mall from Newark Penn Station), possible Private carriers (DeCamp and Coach USA). 

Anybody else please your thoughts

Smart thing would be a new express route with a stop in Union City to the Mall just like the current 111 route to Jersey Gardens Mall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw this being mentioned in another post. Not sure if it was necessary to make a separate post, but I wanted to.

Effective August 31st

85 and 703 - See weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules for extended service to the new American Dream Complex in East Rutherford. 

772 - Will now operate daily and will serve the new American Dream Complex at Arena Rd. in place of the Meadowlands Racetrack.

Note: Until the American Dream bus stop location is completed, service will begin and end at the Met Life Stadium side of Route 120 located in lot G-17 

85 schedule - https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0085.pdf

703 schedule - https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0703.pdf

772 schedule - https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0772.pdf

NJ TRANSIT Initial Transportation Service to American Dream - Beginning Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 29, 2019

Initial service to include Express Buses from Port Authority Bus Terminal and Secaucus Junction to American Dream, as well as Expanded Local Service

As part of the initial phase of service to American Dream, NJ TRANSIT will operate express bus service from New York City, as well as an express bus service from Secaucus beginning on opening day, October 25, and expand three local bus routes, beginning on August 31, all on a pilot basis.

A new bus route, the No. 355, will operate daily express service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) to the American Dream every 30 minutes. 

Bus Route No. 356 will operate daily express service from Secaucus Junction to American Dream every 30 minutes. 

To provide transportation options for American Dream employees prior to the opening, three local bus routes – the Route No. 85, which operates from Hoboken/Union City to Secaucus; Route No. 703, which operates from Paterson/Passaic to East Rutherford; and Route No. 772, which operates from Hackensack to the Meadowlands – will expand their operating hours and include stops at American Dream beginning on Saturday, August 31. These three bus lines initially will stop at the Racetrack at the Meadowlands until completion of the dedicated hub at American Dream and will continue operations once opened.  

Additionally, Route No. 772 will be expanding to include Saturday and Sunday service. NJ TRANSIT will implement the expanded weeknight service and new weekend service effective August 31. 

To utilize Route No. 356 express bus service from Secaucus Junction customers may travel on any rail line that serves Secaucus Junction or any of the five NJ TRANSIT bus routes that serve Secaucus Junction and transfer to Route No. 356 express bus for direct service to American Dream. They are: 

No. 2, Journal Square to Secaucus

No. 78, Newark to Secaucus

No. 124, PABT to Secaucus-Harmon Cove

No. 129, PABT to Secaucus

No. 329, Harmon Cove to Secaucus

Rail service will be added once the rail system is resilient enough that doing so won’t adversely affect NJ TRANSIT commuters.

Bus fare information from PABT and Secaucus to American Dream, schedules and gate departure information will be determined and announced as the opening date gets closer.  NJ TRANSIT Initial Transportation Service to American Dream - Beginning Saturday, August 31, 2019

NJ TRANSIT will conduct public hearings to receive comments on the new weeknight and weekend service on Route No. 772 and the new express bus service, Route No. 355, to/from the PABT.  Prior to the public hearings, these services will be implemented on a pilot basis to allow for the collection of public comments.  These comments will be considered when the final decision is made to make the expanded service permanent. Dates, times and locations of the public hearings will be forthcoming.

For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.

21 minutes ago, nightmare402 said:

NJ TRANSIT Initial Transportation Service to American Dream - Beginning Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 29, 2019

Initial service to include Express Buses from Port Authority Bus Terminal and Secaucus Junction to American Dream, as well as Expanded Local Service

As part of the initial phase of service to American Dream, NJ TRANSIT will operate express bus service from New York City, as well as an express bus service from Secaucus beginning on opening day, October 25, and expand three local bus routes, beginning on August 31, all on a pilot basis.

A new bus route, the No. 355, will operate daily express service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) to the American Dream every 30 minutes. 

Bus Route No. 356 will operate daily express service from Secaucus Junction to American Dream every 30 minutes. 

To provide transportation options for American Dream employees prior to the opening, three local bus routes – the Route No. 85, which operates from Hoboken/Union City to Secaucus; Route No. 703, which operates from Paterson/Passaic to East Rutherford; and Route No. 772, which operates from Hackensack to the Meadowlands – will expand their operating hours and include stops at American Dream beginning on Saturday, August 31. These three bus lines initially will stop at the Racetrack at the Meadowlands until completion of the dedicated hub at American Dream and will continue operations once opened.  

Additionally, Route No. 772 will be expanding to include Saturday and Sunday service. NJ TRANSIT will implement the expanded weeknight service and new weekend service effective August 31. 

To utilize Route No. 356 express bus service from Secaucus Junction customers may travel on any rail line that serves Secaucus Junction or any of the five NJ TRANSIT bus routes that serve Secaucus Junction and transfer to Route No. 356 express bus for direct service to American Dream. They are: 

No. 2, Journal Square to Secaucus

No. 78, Newark to Secaucus

No. 124, PABT to Secaucus-Harmon Cove

No. 129, PABT to Secaucus

No. 329, Harmon Cove to Secaucus

Rail service will be added once the rail system is resilient enough that doing so won’t adversely affect NJ TRANSIT commuters.

Bus fare information from PABT and Secaucus to American Dream, schedules and gate departure information will be determined and announced as the opening date gets closer.  NJ TRANSIT Initial Transportation Service to American Dream - Beginning Saturday, August 31, 2019

NJ TRANSIT will conduct public hearings to receive comments on the new weeknight and weekend service on Route No. 772 and the new express bus service, Route No. 355, to/from the PABT.  Prior to the public hearings, these services will be implemented on a pilot basis to allow for the collection of public comments.  These comments will be considered when the final decision is made to make the expanded service permanent. Dates, times and locations of the public hearings will be forthcoming.

For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.

Thanks for that extra info. I didn't even know about all of that extra stuff.

7 hours ago, jass said:

No direct buses from Newark doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure what route they would run from here to there. Maybe if there was a demand for it then they'll figure out a way to do it. Hell, I would check the place out if they did!  For me, my best option would be for when the place is opened is to catch the 78 to Secaucus Junction and catch the 356 if I was going on a weekday.

But, for now I'm pretty sure they are only focusing on how the expanded 85, 703 and 772 service does over there and then followed by the 355 and 356 next month.

Edited by Silver Script

10 hours ago, jass said:

I said the same thing for Jersey City/Journal Square. I mean, the 85 extended to the mall is good, but I know it going to be packed to the mall and from the mall. It gets packed when I go to Walmart with the workers and shoppers.

3 hours ago, Silver Script said:

Not sure what route they would run from here to there. Maybe if there was a demand for it then they'll figure out a way to do it. Hell, I would check the place out if they did!  For me, my best option would be for when the place is opened is to catch the 78 to Secaucus Junction and catch the 356 if I was going on a weekday.

But, for now I'm pretty sure they are only focusing on how the expanded 85, 703 and 772 service does over there and then followed by the 355 and 356 next month.

Same. I think this is just a test in the water. 

13 hours ago, dkm07302 said:

I said the same thing for Jersey City/Journal Square. I mean, the 85 extended to the mall is good, but I know it going to be packed to the mall and from the mall. It gets packed when I go to Walmart with the workers and shoppers.

2 to secaucus junction

On 9/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, jass said:

train to secaucus or 78 to secaucus

Edited by nightmare402

1 hour ago, nightmare402 said:

2 to secaucus junction

train to secaucus or 78 to secaucus

That is going to be pretty pricey 

78 to Secaucus is $3.15 from Penn Station 

Northeast Corridor from Penn Station to Secaucus is $4.25

And we don't know yet how much it would cost on the 356 though if I had to guess then it might be similar to either of the two I mentioned

7 hours ago, Silver Script said:

And we don't know yet how much it would cost on the 356 though if I had to guess then it might be similar to either of the two I mentioned

plus the 78 is extremely limited too

21 hours ago, Silver Script said:

From PABT to American Dream is $6.10 each way on the trip planner.