Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mfs NJT459

American Dream Meadowlands to open Oct 24

Recommended Posts

On 9/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, busdude2 said:

Terrible name why not just put a bullseye on the place. Too many nuts out there.  

As if it was competing against "The Mall of America" in Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 11:21 AM, 46Dover said:

772 operating daily?  Odd to see a local Community Route on a Sunday schedule 

I've always said that NJ Transit should've expand bus route 705 to Sunday service It is because of the amount of Willowbrook Mall shoppers and some workers that come from Clifton and majority of them from Passaic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nightmare402 said:

The LED signs on the 85 to american dream blank out but everything else still work

The same with route 703 in the direction going to the Mall. Drivers have to put a 703 sign on the windshield. 

Anyhow, this is going to be very interesting. I would hope that NJDOT, NJ Transit, Turnpike Authority, the municipalities that are close by the highway network are prepared for what's to come during the holiday shopping season. That was very strategic on the Mall developers part to open before holiday season. I expect heavy police presence and mad mall security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 11:21 AM, 46Dover said:

772 operating daily?  Odd to see a local Community Route on a Sunday schedule 

 

It would be nice to see the 772 going back to the Secaucus Junction, but I guess it would make the route somewhat unreliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, nightmare402 said:

2 to secaucus junction

 

 

I know where the 2 goes. Think a little further, it'll be quicker to get the 85 to the mall then the 2 and then transfer for those in Jersey City, people are going to stand at those 5/6 bus stops within jersey city line along the 85 to get there. 

Edited by dkm07302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preliminary GTFS data regarding the service, including the 355/356 is released

American Dream stop: http://transitfeeds.com/p/nj-transit/409/latest/stop/43881/20191025

355: http://transitfeeds.com/p/nj-transit/409/latest/route/95

356: http://transitfeeds.com/p/nj-transit/409/latest/route/96

Edited by mfs NJT459

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, N6 Limited said:

I wonder what the price for the 355 is going to be.

 

NJ Transit’s new 355 express bus to American Dream retail and entertainment complex will cost adults a $9 fare in each direction or $18 round trip, said Jim Smith, a spokesman. Football fans who ride the 351 Coach USA bus between New York and MetLife Stadium pay a $14 round trip fare for the same 20-minute trip.

 

https://www.nj.com/traffic/2019/10/the-only-mass-transit-to-the-american-dream-mall-is-the-bus-and-its-going-to-be-pricey.html

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The 356 bus which will run between Secaucus Junction train station and American Dream will cost $2.55, one way, which is a two-zone adult fare, Smith said. Both the 355 and 356 routes are still scheduled to start running on Oct. 25, he said. That concedes with opening day for American Dream.

 

Well at least the 356 will be a whole lot cheaper which is fine for someone like me if I ever go there.

 

https://www.nj.com/traffic/2019/10/the-only-mass-transit-to-the-american-dream-mall-is-the-bus-and-its-going-to-be-pricey.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jass said:

 

NJ Transit’s new 355 express bus to American Dream retail and entertainment complex will cost adults a $9 fare in each direction or $18 round trip, said Jim Smith, a spokesman. Football fans who ride the 351 Coach USA bus between New York and MetLife Stadium pay a $14 round trip fare for the same 20-minute trip.

 

https://www.nj.com/traffic/2019/10/the-only-mass-transit-to-the-american-dream-mall-is-the-bus-and-its-going-to-be-pricey.html

makes sense since busses to/from NY is higher than local fares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$9.00 is too high. Not even a ride out to Willowbrook costs that much. I would have thought a $6 fare or something would be more reasonable. Unless they are trying to attract mainly tourists from New York, I'm not sure how this route will do, even with its half hourly frequencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

$9.00 is too high. Not even a ride out to Willowbrook costs that much. I would have thought a $6 fare or something would be more reasonable. Unless they are trying to attract mainly tourists from New York, I'm not sure how this route will do, even with its half hourly frequencies. 

GS plaza is $4.50

Williowbrook is $8

Jersey Garden is $7

American Dream is $9 

That is insanely expensive especially considering the train-->356 is actually cheaper than the 355

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, nightmare402 said:

makes sense since busses to/from NY is higher than local fares

Except as pointed out, the exact same route charges $7 on stadium game days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

GS plaza is $4.50

Williowbrook is $8

Jersey Garden is $7

American Dream is $9 

That is insanely expensive especially considering the train-->356 is actually cheaper than the 355

I think 7 bucks to JG is a f***in ripoff.... NJT can kiss my whole ass with some 9 dollars to a glorified swamp....

Reading them comments in that nj.com page, man... I'm not paying one red cent to park at nobody's mall either....

(Having) the money aint the problem, this is 100% about principle...... I actually wanted to check this place out, but to hell with it now....

  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

GS plaza is $4.50

Williowbrook is $8

Jersey Garden is $7

American Dream is $9 

That is insanely expensive especially considering the train-->356 is actually cheaper than the 355

Why should I pay that when I pay 2.75 to take the n35, n16 to Roosevelt Field or the n54/55 to Sunrise Mall? 

That's highway robbery. No wonder people are taking those jitneys out of GWB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if the 356 gets more ridership since it's only $2.55 one way or $5.10 round trip.

 

Should be an interesting first day to see which of the two lines gets more riders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Silver Script said:

Well at least the 356 will be a whole lot cheaper which is fine for someone like me if I ever go there.

What bout the train?

On 10/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, nightmare402 said:

makes sense since busses to/from NY is higher than local fares

 

17 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

GS plaza is $4.50

Williowbrook is $8

Jersey Garden is $7

American Dream is $9 

That is insanely expensive especially considering the train-->356 is actually cheaper than the 355

Hmm, maybe they're trying to protect ridership to the older malls?

7 hours ago, jass said:

Except as pointed out, the exact same route charges $7 on stadium game days.

I guess it costs more to have all day service as opposed to intermittent days here and there?

4 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Why should I pay that when I pay 2.75 to take the n35, n16 to Roosevelt Field or the n54/55 to Sunrise Mall? 

That's highway robbery. No wonder people are taking those jitneys out of GWB 

Amusement Park, Water Park, Indoor Skiing, Ice Skating Rink, etc

1 hour ago, Silver Script said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 356 gets more ridership since it's only $2.55 one way or $5.10 round trip.

 

Should be an interesting first day to see which of the two lines gets more riders.

I just looked up the fare to Secaucus Junction.

$4.25     

So that's $4.25 + 2.55 = $6.80 or $13.60 Round Trip. A savings of $2.20 each way ($4.40 total)., But there's the convenience of not having to wait up to 30 mins for a transfer to the bus. (I think they want to reduce barriers to the mall by those unfamiliar with NJ)

The train ride is about 10 mins, not sure how long the bus ride will be. (Looks like it could be another 10 mins)

NYPenn to Secaucus Junction:

Quote

Fares for this trip
Adult One Way                 $4.25
Child/Senior/Disabled One Way         $1.90
Weekly                     $38.50
Ten Trip                 $42.50
Monthly                     $126.00         
Student Monthly                 $95.00

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

What bout the train?

 

Hmm, maybe they're trying to protect ridership to the older malls?

I guess it costs more to have all day service as opposed to intermittent days here and there?

Amusement Park, Water Park, Indoor Skiing, Ice Skating Rink, etc

I just looked up the fare to Secaucus Junction.

$4.25     

So that's $4.25 + 2.55 = $6.80 or $13.60 Round Trip. A savings of $2.20 each way ($4.40 total)., But there's the convenience of not having to wait up to 30 mins for a transfer to the bus. (I think they want to reduce barriers to the mall by those unfamiliar with NJ)

The train ride is about 10 mins, not sure how long the bus ride will be. (Looks like it could be another 10 mins)

NYPenn to Secaucus Junction:

 

 

For me it would be 

 

Catch the 1 to Penn Station which would be $1.60 or $3.20 round trip

 

Then the 78 when it's running to Secaucus Junction which is $3.15 or $6.30 round trip

 

And from there the 356.

 

So overall I would be spending at least $14.60 in bus fare between the three lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

u can always take path from WTC/33rd to hoboken for the 85 to AD or journal sq for the or 88/C/125 to union city for 160 2 to secaucus for train or bus

Edited by nightmare402

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nightmare402 said:

u can always take path from WTC/33rd to hoboken for the 85 to AD or journal sq for the 2 to secaucus for train or bus

I've been telling people in jersey city that it'll be quicker to get the 85. the 2 bus is good but that a long ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dkm07302 said:

I've been telling people in jersey city that it'll be quicker to get the 85. the 2 bus is good but that a long ride.

there is also the 125 and 88/C to union city for the 160

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nightmare402 said:

there is also the 125 and 88/C to union city for the 160

Didn't even realize that. I think the ideas are good as far as bus travel, but it can be better. I mean, if there an increase of people trying to get to the mall, will NJT increase service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another option has emerged, but its really stupid.
 

Quote


For New Yorkers, the $16 one-way fare includes shuttle bus transportation in Manhattan to NY Waterway’s West 39th Street ferry terminal, a ferry ride and bus transportation from the Port Imperial ferry terminal to American Dream.

For New Jersey shoppers, they can take an NY Waterway shuttle bus from Port Imperial to and from American Dream for a $7 one-way fare.

 

https://www.nj.com/traffic/2019/10/ferry-from-nyc-another-nj-bus-just-added-to-american-dream-transit-options.html

Edited by jass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.