Artics to the Q12, B38, Bx35 and other schedule changes

Union Tpke

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Something tells me that if the MTA wasn't forced to scrap their old artics there would have been enough to cover the B38.

Either that or some of the buses for the Bronx that will displace the 2012-13 XD60s to Brooklyn are currently at Tuskegee Airmen Depot (100th Street for all you old timers out there) as a stand in for buses that are currently at MTA Bus. Once the MTA bus batch of 2019 XD60s come in, they will send the NYCT 2016-17 XD60s to Tuskegee Airmen and Flatbush to send off the LFSAs to the Bronx, which will then send the 2012-13 models to Grand Avenue Depot and eventually, East NY Depot.

How's it going for the B38 and Q12?

Well, currently, the B38 is mostly articulated buses but, on some timings, there is bunching to up to 3 buses going to Tillary St around 4:30PM few days ago. Meanwhile, there are SBS XD-60s on the Q12 b/c some of the 4700s have broken down and being repaired but still using articulated buses. 

6 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Well, currently, the B38 is mostly articulated buses but, on some timings, there is bunching to up to 3 buses going to Tillary St around 4:30PM few days ago. Meanwhile, there are SBS XD-60s on the Q12 b/c some of the 4700s have broken down and being repaired but still using articulated buses. 

That's the key word with the B38 and they are doing it alot and besides if not ALL Grand Avenue buses bunch with exception of the B24 and B32.

20 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Right now on the Q12 there are no 4700s. There's two standards and an SBS artic.

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Lol man the Bronx really sent their crap over to Queens. I know the department of buses chooses where buses go and all that but isn’t CS one of those depots with some power where they can potentially reject certain buses. I’m actually very surprised they got the 4700’s because I thought they’d go to Brooklyn. I thought CS would get some of the unwrapped 6000’s XD60s.  

6 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Lol man the Bronx really sent their crap over to Queens. I know the department of buses chooses where buses go and all that but isn’t CS one of those depots with some power where they can potentially reject certain buses. I’m actually very surprised they got the 4700’s because I thought they’d go to Brooklyn. I thought CS would get some of the unwrapped 6000’s XD60s.  

Instead. Those went to MQ. 

9 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Right now on the Q12 there are no 4700s. There's two standards and an SBS artic.

As of this morning. 4724, 4728 and whole bunch of standards. I don’t think CS got enough of a spare factor for 12.

B38: All artic as of 10:00AM on all branches. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

As of this morning. 4724, 4728 and whole bunch of standards. I don’t think CS got enough of a spare factor for 12. 

And this is not the first time that this has happened, and this only went into effect 12 days ago? Jeez...

Edited by +Young+

Cant lie Bronx really destroyed there XD60s I literally  rode #4780 yesterday  on the B38 and I sit in the back and my god the seats was destroyed  and there was gum on the seats and to mention seeds every where I was really distrusted 😷😷 but there's nothing much you can do about that situation  cause ofc people will say Brooklyn cant or will be able to take of them compared to Bronx but I know they will play Grand has been working hard on them to look clean because the backs from what I seen where really scratched  up and stuff now there's not much on them from when it came to Grand  I can say the same for CS both of them got banged up artics so that sucks but ik they gonna do good with them and do a bit better then how bronx maintained  them.

13 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Cant lie Bronx really destroyed there XD60s I literally  rode #4780 yesterday  on the B38 and I sit in the back and my god the seats was destroyed  and there was gum on the seats and to mention seeds every where I was really distrusted 😷😷 but there's nothing much you can do about that situation  cause ofc people will say Brooklyn cant or will be able to take of them compared to Bronx but I know they will play Grand has been working hard on them to look clean because the backs from what I seen where really scratched  up and stuff now there's not much on them from when it came to Grand  I can say the same for CS both of them got banged up artics so that sucks but ik they gonna do good with them and do a bit better then how bronx maintained  them.

Listen we could all talk about the interior and exterior of these Bronx XD60’s. However, when it’s time for their next rehab they will look like new again. Remember GA is a CMF and they got plenty of artics off this initial swap to take some out of service and do some cosmetic work. 

Not unlike CS their Kingsbridge batch is completely in bad shape. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Instead. Those went to MQ. 

B38: All artic as of 10:00AM on all branches. 

Man this is bad, I personally don’t see the 4700s staying at CS long term but only time will tell. 

I feel like Brooklyn and Queens has to swoop in and save those buses that get destroyed in the Bronx. Some of those 2014 LFS’s will probably be on their way in a few years lol.

Even the R142A’s that got transferred off the (6) to the (7) were beat up badly. Trains were jerking like crazy, the brakes were bad, and the interiors were really dirty. Corona then had to fix all them trains up and a lot of them now run much better than they did before when they were first transferred over. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

At this point. Send the whole CS XD60 fleet to Grand and de-commish some of the 6000’s to local service at CS. The TA wasn’t prepared for this. 

Where do you suggest they get those buses from? Quill? Tuskegee Airmen (100th Street)? You suggesting that Tuskegee (100th Street) giba away all of their new buses?

31 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Where do you suggest they get those buses from? Quill? Tuskegee Airmen (100th Street)? You suggesting that Tuskegee (100th Street) giba away all of their new buses?

Probably 1/2 of what they have (not really, just for clarification). Example, 8 out of the 16 4700s go to Tuskegee in exchange for 6000s to Stengel for Q12. 

It happened before with MTA Bus when the Q10 has New Flyer D60-HFs that were renumbered series and exchanged in many differences to balance out the maintenance/ fleet age. 

6 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I can say the same for CS both of them got banged up artics so that sucks but ik they gonna do good with them and do a bit better then how bronx maintained  them.

Now it makes sense...

4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Even the R142A’s that got transferred off the (6) to the (7) were beat up badly. Trains were jerking like crazy, the brakes were bad, and the interiors were really dirty. Corona then had to fix all them trains up and a lot of them now run much better than they did before when they were first transferred over. 

As per the guidelines, can we please stay on-topic in regards to buses and NOT subway cars? In addition, I thought they were taken off the system to be converted to R-188's by the manufacturer and not NYC Transit.

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

At this point. Send the whole CS XD60 fleet to Grand and de-commish some of the 6000’s to local service at CS. The TA wasn’t prepared for this. 

They might as well since they're periodically using some of those buses on that route. I know that they can do this in-house since, according to this YouTube video, they initially wrapped them in-house to begin with.

Edited by +Young+

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Now it makes sense...

As per the guidelines, can we please stay on-topic in regards to buses and NOT subway cars? In addition, I thought they were taken off the system to be converted to R-188's by the manufacturer and not NYC Transit.

They might as well since they're periodically using some of those buses on that route. I know that they can do this in-house since, according to this YouTube video, they initially wrapped them in-house to begin with.

I know I was simply using that as a example as to how the Bronx has the tendency to destroy their equipment. 

5 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They probably would take them from Tuskegee Airmen. It would actually make sense because they can also operate on the Q44 SBS if they really had to. They could always update the displays on the 4700s though so I guess it’s a minor thing. 

5 hours ago, Calvin said:

Probably 1/2 of what they have (not really, just for clarification). Example, 8 out of the 16 4700s go to Tuskegee in exchange for 6000s to Stengel for Q12. 

It happened before with MTA Bus when the Q10 has New Flyer D60-HFs that were renumbered series and exchanged in many differences to balance out the maintenance/ fleet age. 

But from what I remember all of the 1999/2000’s buses were given back to NYCT in exchange for the newer 02/03 D60HF’s. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

1 minute ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

They probably would take them from Tuskegee Airmen. It would actually make sense because they can also operate on the Q44 SBS if they really had to. They could always update the displays on the 4700s though so I guess it’s a minor thing. 

5 hours ago, Calvin said:

So you believe would make sense to have the 6000 series XD60s go from OF to CS and have the 4700 series XD60s go there instead, and they will still have enough buses to make service? I initially hoped that CS would be getting the 4700 series XD60s while OF gets the remaining buses in their batch of 6000 series XD60s. I believe I had this on a spreadsheet I posted on a few threads a while back.