Artics to the Q12, B38, Bx35 and other schedule changes

Union Tpke

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I heard speculation that all of Casey's 4700's were pulled due to bedbug/roach problems but I've seen no official word on that.

Ouch. However, @NewFlyer 230 just indicated 1 is out on the road right now. Hope that’s not the case. Hold up. Was it Kingsbridge or Gun Hill that had the previous roach-bed bug problems?

25 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

7549 is on loan from Jamaica.

In addition, according to this page, 6860 and 6863 are also on loan from Queens Village, right?

As of now, 6860 is on the Q31 going S/B to Jamaica.

As of now, 6863 is on the Q15A going N/B towards Beechhurst.

As of now, 7776 (another loaner from Jamaica) is on the Q13 going N/B towards Fort Totten.

Edited by +Young+

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Ouch. However, @NewFlyer 230 just indicated 1 is out on the road right now. Hope that’s not the case. Hold up. Was it Kingsbridge or Gun Hill that had the previous roach-bed bug problems?

I'm pretty sure it was Kingsbridge but I thought they said that the bedbugs weren't true or they didn't really find any. Either Kingsbridge got them last minute before transferring over to CS or they didn't inspect those buses thoroughly enough. CS should just return them, this is absolutely ridiculous having to clean up other ppl's shit. 

29 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I'm pretty sure it was Kingsbridge but I thought they said that the bedbugs weren't true or they didn't really find any. Either Kingsbridge got them last minute before transferring over to CS or they didn't inspect those buses thoroughly enough. CS should just return them, this is absolutely ridiculous having to clean up other ppl's shit. 

Agreed.  Glad those buses aren’t at GA. Those buses would been back at KB. 

4 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

You guys still have 4710-4722, 4739 which came from KB and are at GA.

And to make matters worse they sent some hybrids down to BK also lol, however grand seemed to clean theirs out prior to starting service. Theres pics of them getting cleaned. 

Edited by Jdog14

As of 9:30 this evening.. CS has their batch of artics working the Q12. 4724, 4725, 4729, 4730, 4733, 4734 are all out.. Looks like some of the buses are clean and bedbug free since the buses have now return.. Monday AM rush may be another situation.  No Grand Avenue buses on the 12 this evening.

Edited by Future ENY OP

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Hopefully, an additional increase to the artic order for FB. However, according to the press release it seems that it could be a full conversion. 

A full conversion would require 32 buses. However, I still believe that it’s a partial conversion, since current plans have still called for partial conversion.

51 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

A full conversion would require 32 buses. However, I still believe that it’s a partial conversion, since current plans have still called for partial conversion.

Re-read the press release. As we know with the (MTA) EVERYTHING is subject to change. Not saying that you are right. However, the wording on this release may indicate that 46 may be a full conversion. Looks like it’s a potential 1/5/2020 start date. 

Also, the 46 has issues with Dekalb. Unless that gets addressed that 1/5/20 start date may move. Another suggestion is possibly ending at Woodhull. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

6 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Re-read the press release. As we know with the (MTA) EVERYTHING is subject to change. Not saying that you are right. However, the wording on this release may indicate that 46 may be a full conversion. Looks like it’s a potential 1/5/2020 start date. 

Also, the 46 has issues with Dekalb. Unless that gets addressed that 1/5/20 start date may move. Another suggestion is possibly ending at Woodhull. 

What issues?

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I believe it was mentioned briefly a while ago in regards to spacing and the turn off from Broadway and Malcolm X getting into Dekalb. Unless, I’m incorrect with this a little clarification is kindly appreciated. 

I don't see how the turn is an issue when the XD60s can turn tighter than their 40ft counterparts. The Q10 makes very similar turns in Kew Gardens and with the Rockaway Blvd short turns, so I don't see that as a big issue. It would have to be a slightly tighter turn just to avoid the EL structure.

As for the spacing, DOT will have to make the changes so the line in general can get the proper spacing it needs.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

I don't see how the turn is an issue when the XD60s can turn tighter than their 40ft counterparts. The Q10 makes very similar turns in Kew Gardens and with the Rockaway Blvd short turns, so I don't see that as a big issue.

As for the spacing, DOT will have to make the changes so the line in general can get the proper spacing it needs.

Appreciate the clarification good sir. You are definitely right about the Q10 turns in Kew Gardens. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I believe it was mentioned briefly a while ago in regards to spacing and the turn off from Broadway and Malcolm X getting into Dekalb. Unless, I’m incorrect with this a little clarification is kindly appreciated. 

my understanding has been that there is a major concern regarding layovers on DeKalb Avenue. however, as it's been stated, DOT would have to allocate the proper space to accommodate artics... same thing if 46sbs's were to be sent to Woodhull. the artic issue regarding DeKalb has never been about the turnaround, even the left back onto malcolm x blvd. i cannot stress this enough, if bx9 (Kingsbridge) operators can seamlessly make u-turns in Riverdale with artics, then Flatbush will have no problems on Broadway & DeKalb with artics... same training. brush your teeth (stay in your mirrors) 3-5mph thru each turn and line up your turns... piece of cake. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry