Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Union Tpke

Cut in Oyster Bay Weekend service

Recommended Posts

NICE basically ran service to shit on the n27, and now even the alternative is being reduced. They should be trying to lure ridership to the Oyster Bay, not remove service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 11:23 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

NICE basically ran service to shit on the n27, and now even the alternative is being reduced. They should be trying to lure ridership to the Oyster Bay, not remove service.

The North Shore of Nassau is the lightly populated part of the county. It's mainly residential with a few clubs and stores spread out. The n27's weekend ridership got cut because it feeds people directly into Roosevelt Field from Glen Cove without serving Mineola. 

Edited by NY1635

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NY1635 said:

The North Shore of Nassau is the lightly populated part of the county. It's mainly residential with a few clubs and stores spread out. The n27's weekend ridership got cut because it feeds people directly into Roosevelt Field from Glen Cove without serving Mineola. 

I don't see how making the n27 serve Mineola will increase ridership. In fact I feel like Mineola is more of a weekday destination than a weekend one.

 

https://www.thelirrtoday.com/2019/07/lirr-diesel-branch-service-cuts.html?fbclid=IwAR1uONepfinIlQ8YQmLZCyFPSN6Xli2IM_rNIoBCD0EC4mujYEqhkw0UNKI

I never knew that Oyster Bay Branch have a two hour layover at Jamaica. In that case 90 minute headway do make more sense than cutting it back to bi-hourly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 10:46 PM, Mtatransit said:

https://www.thelirrtoday.com/2019/07/lirr-diesel-branch-service-cuts.html?fbclid=IwAR1uONepfinIlQ8YQmLZCyFPSN6Xli2IM_rNIoBCD0EC4mujYEqhkw0UNKI

I never knew that Oyster Bay Branch have a two hour layover at Jamaica. In that case 90 minute headway do make more sense than cutting it back to bi-hourly

 

If Oyster Bay can support a one-hour headway all day, maybe they could do that for not much added cost. Otherwise, maybe they could fill in the two-hour layover by sending the train to Hunters Point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.