End of Cash Payment on-board LIRR trains, other cuts

Union Tpke

29 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

sure you do....

Think about it for a moment....across the Hudson, bus driver for NJ Transit will break a 20 dollar bill on a full service route. Private vans will also accept cash. But somehow, parts of the MTA have to be 'modern' and 'efficient' and come up with ways to inconvenience the commuters.

Using the tickets that NJT sells is a far better option than using cash (and I honestly hate even that, considering the general lack of zone indication).

Under no circumstances would I be willing to put myself in a situation where I would need to use cash upon boarding, especially if it commands a higher price than simply having a valid ticket beforehand. It's inconvenient and inefficient. An extreme minority thinks otherwise, and that minority has a bad tendency to appeal to tradition and/or invoke the slippery slope fallacy.

6 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

I'm not fond of the compulsory nature with which an ordinary, non-citizen may ultimately need to have a smart-phone to enter a transit system.

I don't know where you get that impression from. There will be standalone OMNY cards, and there will have to be a single-use cash option. London's Oyster, which the OMNY system is based off of, still has single use paper tickets.

If you want to get super retro about it, subway systems in China and India use a token with RFID chip in it for single use.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

Using the tickets that NJT sells is a far better option than using cash (and I honestly hate even that, considering the general lack of zone indication).

Under no circumstances would I be willing to put myself in a situation where I would need to use cash upon boarding, especially if it commands a higher price than simply having a valid ticket beforehand. It's inconvenient and inefficient. An extreme minority thinks otherwise, and that minority has a bad tendency to appeal to tradition and/or invoke the slippery slope fallacy.

I always buy before boarding LIRR, MNRR, and NJT Rail to take advantage of the cheaper rates. I also buy before boarding any bus at the PABT (other than the Hudson County vans).

Let me ask it a different way - So you have absolutely no problem with getting rid of a system that lasted 100 years, and trading it in for a system that has not been fully tested, yet? I don't think my point is that far out there. Conductors sold cash fares for years. Railroads ran without issues long before we were around.

If we all think OMNY will magically improve things (and, we can all avoid meeting up with EAGLE type inspectors), then some have more faith in the MTA than I do.

14 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I don't know where you get that impression from. There will be standalone OMNY cards, and there will have to be a single-use cash option. London's Oyster, which the OMNY system is based off of, still has single use paper tickets.

If you want to get super retro about it, subway systems in China and India use a token with RFID chip in it for single use.

I'm aware of the Oyster type card. However, many people use their smartphone to pay for rides on the commuter railroads. In the event that a smartphone fails, the commuter presently has the option to pay for their ride (with a small penalty) with cash. If the LIRR gets rid of this option, how will the commuter pay for their fare? This is a fair question. I don't think the commuter should go from having to pay a simple cash fare with a slight penalty to possibly having to pay a summons.

I feel that many people on here might be missing the bigger picture. If we all don't trust the MTA (whether as commuters or employees), why are we not erring on the side of what has worked well enough (cash fare collections), as opposed to the unproven. Yes, I know I'm in the minority in thinking about this, but I hope I'm not alone. Groupthink can be quite dangerous.

Edited by Uncle Floyd Fan

2 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

I'm aware of the Oyster type card. However, many people use their smartphone to pay for rides on the commuter railroads. In the event that a smartphone fails, the commuter presently has the option to pay for their ride (with a small penalty) with cash. If the LIRR gets rid of this option, how will the commuter pay for their fare? This is a fair question. I don't think the commuter should go from having to pay a simple cash fare with a slight penalty to possibly having to pay a summons.

I feel that many people on here might be missing the bigger picture. If we all don't trust what the MTA (whether as commuters or employees), why are we not erring on the side of what has worked well enough (cash fare collections), as opposed to the unproven. Yes, I know I'm in the minority in thinking about this, but I hope I'm not alone. Groupthink can be quite dangerous.

Oh give it a rest already.  As I said before you are supposed to activate your ticket BEFORE you board, and if your phone fails that's the risk you take for convenience.  That said, I have the app installed on my phone and my iPad in case one has a problem. You can switch from one device to another, but you should only do that if there's a problem. I'm also cognizant of making sure my device is charged, etc. beforehand.  

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Oh give it a rest already.  As I said before you are supposed to activate your ticket BEFORE you board, and if your phone fails that's the risk you take for convenience.  That said, I have the app installed on my phone and my iPad in case one has a problem. You can switch from one device to another, but you should only do that if there's a problem. I'm also cognizant of making sure my device is charged, etc. beforehand.  

Why should I "give it a rest"? This is forum for conversation. You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to mine.

To prove my point, what if YOU, yes YOU, were to have your technology fail, and then YOU were to receive a summons? What would YOU think then?

Again, I'm looking out for the worst case scenario that may occur in society. That;s pretty blase for you to say "that's the risk you take for convenience".

Do you really think that, or is this a case of simply groupthink on a forum? I hope that is not the case.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Let me ask it a different way - So you have absolutely no problem with getting rid of a system that lasted 100 years, and trading it in for a system that has not been fully tested, yet? I don't think my point is that far out there. Conductors sold cash fares for years. Railroads ran without issues long before we were around.

Still appealing to tradition...

OMNY may still be in the testing phase, but other operators already have better systems in place. In other words, we already have an idea of what the plan is. Even now, we have something that shouldn't be so hard to figure out, as @Via Garibaldi 8 has pointed out.

Stop being so damn afraid of technology that is widely supported.

Just now, Lex said:

no, no, no - it's not a matter of fearing technology.....it's a matter of how the govt will use the technology in it's interaction with all of us - it's citizens.

I deal with tech 10 hrs a day for a paycheck, so I know first hand that it is not perfect. I just don't trust the MTA and how they may enforce the payment of fares if an issue should arise.

Again - I hold a different opinion than most on this forum. We all have a right to our opinions. All I ask that we all consider both the best-case and worst-case scenarios of how OMNY will be implemented.

1 minute ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Why should I "give it a rest"? This is forum for conversation. You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to mine.

To prove my point, what if YOU, yes YOU, were to have your technology fail, and then YOU were to receive a summons? What would YOU think then?

Again, I'm looking out for the worst case scenario that may occur in society. That;s pretty blase for you to say "that's the risk you take for convenience".

Do you really think that, or is this a case of simply groupthink on a forum? I hope that is not the case.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth, and it is clearly stated.  Before you get on the train, you are to have your e-ticket activated or your paper ticket ready for collection.  If your phone fails, that is not the (MTA) 's fault. It's the equivalent of you losing your paper ticket.  Would you expect special treatment because for whatever reason, you lost your paper ticket? You would still be expected to produce proof of payment. This is why I have the app installed on both my phone and iPad, and another reason why monthly passes aren't available for purchase with the app in most cases, because if something happens with your device, you may be out of your monthly pass, and when some cost over $400.00 each, it is not a cheap thing to replace.  If you are that concerned about it, buy your ticket at the machines, in advance, which is what I've done for years prior to using the app. Did I have concerns about using the app?? YES!! That's why I didn't for so long, but as I said, it's a risk that you take when you opt for e-tickets.  

The fact of the matter is you are supposed to buy your tickets in advance, not on the train.  NJ Transit came up with something similar where they stopped allowing people to board at the Port Authority on the bus to buy tickets. It holds up service when you have ample amount of vending machines to buy your tickets.

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm sorry, but it's the truth, and it is clearly stated.  Before you get on the train, you are to have your e-ticket activated or your paper ticket ready for collection.  If your phone fails, that is not the (MTA) 's fault. It's the equivalent of you losing your paper ticket.  Would you expect special treatment because for whatever reason, you lost your paper ticket? You would still be expected to produce proof of payment. This is why I have the app installed on both my phone and iPad, and another reason why monthly passes aren't available for purchase with the app in most cases, because if something happens with your device, you may be out of your monthly pass, and when some cost over $400.00 each, it is not a cheap thing to replace.  If you are that concerned about it, buy your ticket at the machines, in advance, which is what I've done for years prior to using the app. Did I have concerns about using the app?? YES!! That's why I didn't for so long, but as I said, it's a risk that you take when you opt for e-tickets.  

The fact of the matter is you are supposed to buy your tickets in advance, not on the train.  NJ Transit came up with something similar where they stopped allowing people to board at the Port Authority on the bus to buy tickets. It holds up service when you have ample amount of vending machines to buy your tickets.

OK, I see your point about the paper tkt vs the smartphone failure scenario I raised here. I guess I'm alone here in saying I don't like any situation where a lost ticket or non-working phone becomes an opportunity for a summons (hence my dislike of SBS and the elimination of cash fares on the LIRR - I favor paying at the point of entry and being done). I'm kind of surprised more people do not think this. Oh well.

53 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I get the impression that people buy their tickets beforehand...

I wasn't implicating otherwise....

21 minutes ago, Lex said:

That's how this crackpot nonsense is coming across, especially when the government is somehow injected into this conversation as some sort of plausible talking point.....

11 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

OK, I see your point about the paper tkt vs the smartphone failure scenario I raised here. I guess I'm alone here in saying I don't like any situation where a lost ticket or non-working phone becomes an opportunity for a summons (hence my dislike of SBS and the elimination of cash fares on the LIRR - I favor paying at the point of entry and being done). I'm kind of surprised more people do not think this. Oh well.

I think it's because it comes down to responsibility. What I have seen on SBS lines annoys me.  When I get my paper receipt, I put it in a place that is easy to retrieve it for inspection.  However, what I have seen some people do is crumble it up and stick it somewhere... Out of sight, out of mind. You know that your receipt can be inspected at any time, so it is your responsibility to make sure that you have it ready. An Eagle Team came on the M86 once and this guy had just got on a few stops before with me. He could NOT find his receipt!! In fact he had his earphones on and didn't even hear what they were saying. Eventually after patiently waiting and asking for his ticket, he was pulled off of the bus.  That is a perfect example of people having to be responsible for their actions.

I doubt he was given a summons, but he was pulled off of the bus since he was unable to produce his receipt in a reasonable amount of time, which was holding up the entire bus from proceeding with its trip.

8 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I wasn't implicating otherwise....

That's how this crackpot nonsense is coming across, especially when the government is somehow injected into this conversation as some sort of plausible talking point.....

I was just thinking that's probably why I haven't noticed it on the LIRR trains. I've only seen a handful of people on MNRR trains do it.  Either older women who don't know or don't want to use the machines and want to be waited on and will gladly pay the fee to do so (and yes there are some prima donnas on the trains that don't want to deal with the "hassle" of getting their tickets at the machines <_<), or some clueless person traveling that can't be bothered to read about the zones and where to get their tickets.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

3 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

With all due respect, the government runs the MTA.

Based on your username (ya didn't choose "Scarsdale High" as a username), I'd think some of us in the community would be more subject to profiling by law enforcement types than others for non-pmt of fares. But I guess most on here don't seem to care, and would rather accumulate "likes" on here, and vehemently disagree with a newer forum poster who may have a minority opinion, but may actually foresee the harm that could come down the line from such policies.

.....and here I started with a basic premise of not trusting the MTA -  a govt agency which is not known for having people's best interest at heart.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Based on your username (ya didn't choose "Scarsdale High" as a username), I'd think some of us in the community would be more subject to profiling by law enforcement types than others for non-pmt of fares. But I guess most on here don't seem to care, and would rather accumulate "likes" on here, and vehemently disagree with a newer forum poster who may have a minority opinion, but may actually foresee the harm that could come down the line from such policies.

.....and here I started with a basic premise of not trusting the MTA -  a govt agency which is not known for having people's best interest at heart.

No one said that they trust the (MTA). We are simply saying that this is the way MANY businesses are going (the (MTA) is a public agency, but you get the point - our society is heading to a cashless one). Do you know how many "card only" places I go to?  Do I support it? No, because they shut out customers entirely that don't have cards.  Most of the time I like to pay with a card, but sometimes I use cash to ensure that I don't go crazy spending, as it is easy to just "swipe and go".  I ALWAYS over spend when I use a card... Always.... May just be a few dollars, but it happens, as it did just this weekend. I went in wanting to spend about $40.00 at the Whole Foods Market, and spent almost $50.00. That said, you are getting into a lot of "what if" scenarios here. The fact of the matter is, you can still buy paper tickets with cash at an array of vending machines, and the (MTA) has all sorts of warnings about the higher fares on trains, etc., so people are not shut out of the system if they want to pay for their ticket in cash, provided that they do so in advance, prior to boarding the train.

They are doing away with the cash option to deter people from paying on the train in the first place. They want people getting their tickets in advance.  This avoids the conductors having to spend time making change and having to hold on to money.  We would be talking about a VERY small segment of people that would face some sort of problem in any event, and usually the conductors give you the option of paying or getting off. If someone only had cash to show proof of payment, well they could still show that they made an attempt to pay, which would be the point.

If you're so concerned about the "gubment" and "big brother", you had better get off of this forum immediately, and trash all of your electronics too because that's the way we're going in our society. 

14 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No one said that they trust the (MTA). We are simply saying that this is the way MANY businesses are going (the (MTA) is a public agency, but you get the point - our society is heading to a cashless one). Do you know how many "card only" places I go to?  Do I support it? No, because they shut out customers entirely that don't have cards.  Most of the time I like to pay with a card, but sometimes I use cash to ensure that I don't go crazy spending, as it is easy to just "swipe and go".  I ALWAYS over spend when I use a card... Always.... May just be a few dollars, but it happens, as it did just this weekend. I went in wanting to spend about $40.00 at the Whole Foods Market, and spent almost $50.00. That said, you are getting into a lot of "what if" scenarios here. The fact of the matter is, you can still buy paper tickets with cash at an array of vending machines, and the (MTA) has all sorts of warnings about the higher fares on trains, etc., so people are not shut out of the system if they want to pay for their ticket in cash, provided that they do so in advance, prior to boarding the train.

They are doing away with the cash option to deter people from paying on the train in the first place. They want people getting their tickets in advance.  This avoids the conductors having to spend time making change and having to hold on to money.  We would be talking about a VERY small segment of people that would face some sort of problem in any event, and usually the conductors give you the option of paying or getting off. If someone only had cash to show proof of payment, well they could still show that they made an attempt to pay, which would be the point.

If you're so concerned about the "gubment" and "big brother", you had better get off of this forum immediately, and trash all of your electronics too because that's the way we're going in our society. 

Your points are all valid. Contrary to my comments, I probably agree with 90+ % of what you posted. I even stated earlier I hope to be proven wrong about OMNY, as well as the levels of, and practice of fare pmt enforcement.

The only thing I object to is my line of thinking being aligned within the crackpot zone, and being told to give it rest because I hold a differing opinion on fare collection.

Fare Collection!

Yes, I'm aware that this is an open forum where my IP address is being recorded. The only things I had in mind from the first post is for all of us to be aware of any change the MTA might make that could  possibly cause some kind of harm to people (or at a minimum, inconvenience them).

Peace to all. Good will to all.

1 hour ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

I mean, if my credit card gets declined out of the blue when I try to pay for the onboard fare and I don't have cash I'm pretty screwed too.

At some point providing resources to pay for perfectly avoidable situations is more money than it's worth. When do we start asking people to take some personal responsibility?

Edited by bobtehpanda

32 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I mean, if my credit card gets declined out of the blue when I try to pay for the onboard fare and I don't have cash I'm pretty screwed too.

At some point providing resources to pay for perfectly avoidable situations is more money than it's worth. When do we start asking people to take some personal responsibility?

That's different. Not every conceivable situation can be avoided. Still, at a minimum, the LIRR should continue to take cash fares onboard at least until OMNY is up and running.

1 hour ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Yeah, and the government runs your life too..... Your point is what?

It's one thing to have a distrust for the MTA, it's another thing to bring up the governmental tracking of our every move as some sort of supporting point and/or ultimate goal.... That's tinfoil hat shit, and what's not about to happen is that last ditch shaming tactic of yours successfully getting any of your detractors in this discussion to completely see things your way, Mr. newer forum poster who may have a minority opinion....

Don't worry about my username on this internet forum, continue worrying about that government you're so fearful of.

And no, it it isn't that "most don't seem to care", it's that a select few in this particular thread aren't agreeing with you.

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I was just thinking that's probably why I haven't noticed it on the LIRR trains. I've only seen a handful of people on MNRR trains do it.  Either older women who don't know or don't want to use the machines and want to be waited on and will gladly pay the fee to do so (and yes there are some prima donnas on the trains that don't want to deal with the "hassle" of getting their tickets at the machines <_<), or some clueless person traveling that can't be bothered to read about the zones and where to get their tickets.

Now I don't know how it is (in terms of prevalence) on the MNRR, but if you ride the LIRR enough, you'd know not to buy into the clueless act (which is all it is).... You have quite a bit of those without tickets that feign stupid like they don't know what a ticket is - or my personal favorite, trying to pay with a metrocard! Usually when it got to the point where the c/r raised his/her voice in aggression (and/or threatened to summon the proper authorities), then all of a sudden, out comes a debit/credit card, or loose cash.... Seen it too many times when I would take the main line to/from work on the daily....

Of those that aren't trying to get over on the LIRR & end up paying onboard with a CC, I get the sense that those are people that scurried for a train that felt they didn't have enough time to head over to a TVM & get a ticket.....

I mean, I've personally never paid with plastic onboard a RR train (MNRR, LIRR, or NJT), but I have paid in cash (onboard penalty, or w/e you want to call it) before - Matter of fact, it was one of the first times I took the LIRR by myself; joyriding/fanning..... As far as part of my old commute to work though, nah, never put myself in a situation to where I had to pay cash....

6 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

It's one thing to have a distrust for the MTA, it's another thing to bring up the governmental tracking of our every move as some sort of supporting point and/or ultimate goal.... That's tinfoil hat shit, and what's not about to happen is that last ditch shaming tactic of yours successfully getting any of your detractors in this discussion to completely see things your way, Mr. newer forum poster who may have a minority opinion....

Don't worry about my username on this internet forum, continue worrying about that government you're so fearful of.

And no, it it isn't that "most don't seem to care", it's that a select few in this particular thread aren't agreeing with you.

Now I don't know how it is (in terms of prevalence) on the MNRR, but if you ride the LIRR enough, you'd know not to buy into the clueless act (which is all it is).... You have quite a bit of those without tickets that feign stupid like they don't know what a ticket is - or my personal favorite, trying to pay with a metrocard! Usually when it got to the point where the c/r raised his/her voice in aggression (and/or threatened to summon the proper authorities), then all of a sudden, out comes a debit/credit card, or loose cash.... Seen it too many times when I would take the main line to/from work on the daily....

Of those that aren't trying to get over on the LIRR & end up paying onboard with a CC, I get the sense that those are people that scurried for a train that felt they didn't have enough time to head over to a TVM & get a ticket.....

I mean, I've personally never paid with plastic onboard a RR train (MNRR, LIRR, or NJT), but I have paid in cash (onboard penalty, or w/e you want to call it) before - Matter of fact, it was one of the first times I took the LIRR by myself; joyriding/fanning..... As far as part of my old commute to work though, nah, never put myself in a situation to where I had to pay cash....

I haven't seen that before but I've heard of people pulling that. Of course if you ride long enough, you'll see the scammers begging for money claiming that just need a few bucks to get home. There's actually a guy that I've seen several times now that seems to work Midtown from as far as 6th Avenue to as far East as Grand Central. Same story every time... Just needs a $1 to make up his fare to get home... I was disgusted the first time because he looks well dressed enough to afford his own fare, but then seeing him several times since then pulling the same BS nonsense... With my earbuds in I usually just look at them like I'm confused. lol If they continue then I look even more confused as if to say this guy must be crazy, let me avoid him. LOL That usually does the trick when I start looking elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I haven't seen that before but I've heard of people pulling that. Of course if you ride long enough, you'll see the scammers begging for money claiming that just need a few bucks to get home. There's actually a guy that I've seen several times now that seems to work Midtown from as far as 6th Avenue to as far East as Grand Central. Same story every time... Just need a $1 to make up his fare to get home... I was disgusted the first time because he looks well dressed enough to afford his own fare, but then seeing him several times since then pulling the same BS nonsense... With my earbuds in I usually just look at them like I'm confused. lol

Lol, yeah, I'd tend to get the guy that needed "a few more dollars to get to __________" (and in that blank, was usually some far out station on the Montauk Branch... Why, because obviously the further out you go, the more the fare is - As in, the more money they try to get up out you).... Every single time, it would happen at Jamaica too...

I have a co-worker who still takes the RR..... On one hand, I find this hard to believe, but then again, I kinda don't - but what he told me is that anywhere from 6-8 pm on a Brooklyn bound train (leaving Jamaica, that is), there's actually a beggar "like the ones on the subway" (his words, verbatim) on the LIRR... He either gets off at ENY or Nostrand & he only harasses women for "change"..... This was back around May....

Nutcases everywhere you look... That to me, sounds to be more than just some motherf***er needing money for a high.....

2 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Lol, yeah, I'd tend to get the guy that needed "a few more dollars to get to __________" (and in that blank, was usually some far out station on the Montauk Branch... Why, because obviously the further out you go, the more the fare is - As in, the more money they try to get up out you).... Every single time, it would happen at Jamaica too...

I have a co-worker who still takes the RR..... On one hand, I find this hard to believe, but then again, I kinda don't - but what he told me is that anywhere from 6-8 pm on a Brooklyn bound train (leaving Jamaica, that is), there's actually a beggar "like the ones on the subway" (his words, verbatim) on the LIRR... He either gets off at ENY or Nostrand & he only harasses women for "change"..... This was back around May....

Nutcases everywhere you look... That to me, sounds to be more than just some motherf***er needing money for a high.....

It's true... I'm in a LIRR group on social media, and the other day someone snapped a photo of this nut job that takes the LIRR. Gets on at Penn Station, and the train is so crowed that the conductor doesn't even bother to collect tickets so he rides up and down on the LIRR harassing people for free.  As expensive as the LIRR is, there is no way in hell that I would tolerate that on Metro-North.  That's precisely why some people opt for the rail road to avoid that nonsense.   

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Nah, the govt doesn't control my life. All I said from the get go is that the govt/MTA does have the ability to watch all of us. This is hardly crackpot material. All I said is that we should be AWARE. If others want to disagree with me, fine. I have no problem with that at all. But you are wrong to judge other people. You can say you disagree, but your subtle attacks on this board are not right, no matter how many posts you may have. Anyone who is constantly judging others and on occasion calls someone crazy has their own issues. You even made a passive anti-Semetic comment a little while back on a different thread. I did not speak out about it until today. You also passed judgement on another forum member for their opinions on 5G / WIFI. This is wrong...totally wrong. Please take an introspective look into your own life before you pass judgement on others.

Edited by Uncle Floyd Fan

4 minutes ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Nah, the govt doesn't control my life. All I said from the get go is that the govt/MTA does have the ability to watch all of us. This is hardly crackpot material. All I said is that we should be AWARE. If others want to disagree with me, fine. I have no problem with that at all. But you are wrong to judge other people. You can say you disagree, but your subtle attacks on this board are not right, no matter how many posts you may have. Anyone who is constantly judging others and on occasion calls someone crazy has their own issues. You even made a passive anti-Semetic comment a little while back on a different thread. I did not speak out about it until today. You also passed judgement on another forum member for their opinions on 5G / WIFI. This is wrong...totally wrong. Please take an introspective look into your own life before you pass judgement on others.

When in doubt, change the subject & spout lies.....

You have no counterargument for that crackpot bullshit & this irrelevant ass reply of yours here is indicative of it.

16 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Your points are all valid. Contrary to my comments, I probably agree with 90+ % of what you posted. I even stated earlier I hope to be proven wrong about OMNY, as well as the levels of, and practice of fare pmt enforcement.

The only thing I object to is my line of thinking being aligned within the crackpot zone, and being told to give it rest because I hold a differing opinion on fare collection.

Fare Collection!

Yes, I'm aware that this is an open forum where my IP address is being recorded. The only things I had in mind from the first post is for all of us to be aware of any change the MTA might make that could  possibly cause some kind of harm to people (or at a minimum, inconvenience them).

Peace to all. Good will to all.

67758802_890792417941002_423765525669714

This just confirms what I was saying yesterday....