Green and red lamps outside subway entrances and exits

I love NY

2 hours ago, I love NY said:

At most of the NYC subway entrances and exits there are green and red lamps. I know that green means a 24/7 entrance and booth, red means either a part-time booth or no booth, hence either exit-only or entrance with MetroCard. Is it right?

yeah

2 hours ago, I love NY said:

At most of the NYC subway entrances and exits there are green and red lamps. I know that green means a 24/7 entrance and booth, red means either a part-time booth or no booth, hence either exit-only or entrance with MetroCard. Is it right?

Used to be, but I don't think it mean anything anymore. There are I believe no more part time booths, and some of those entrance with Metrocard entry only have green lights

Edited by Mtatransit

On 7/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, I love NY said:

Yes.  The old yellow lights (for part-time entrances) were replaced with red and then not put back to yellow "because nobody complained."

• 2 years later...

I noticed that the few entrances with red lamps have almost all this indication: enter with or buy the MetroCard ALL TIMES, while the agent on duty is part-time (to see for example the photo in this site: https://techsponyc.com/new-york-transport/

But what is the difference with this green lamp entrance? 8th_Av_Penn_MSG_08_-_IND_Subway.jpg There is written the same thing....

Why that Times Square entrance has the red lamps and this Penn Station entrance has the green lamps?