R44 train, show me on this doll where he touched you...

Deucey

https://www.silive.com/news/2019/07/person-touching-train-causes-brake-activation-on-si-railway.html

By Joseph Ostapiuk | jostapiuk@siadvance.com

Posted Jul 29, 9:46 PM

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A person touching the Staten Island Railway as it was leaving the Annadale station on Monday caused the train’s brakes to be applied.

The MTA reported that trains were delayed in both directions just after 8:30 p.m.

Trains began proceeding at around 8:49 p.m., but were still operating with delays, according to the MTA.

An MTA spokeswoman confirmed that the trains were initially delayed because an individual touched the train as it was leaving the station.

The MTA spokeswoman said that touching the train while it is in motion is an extremely dangerous activity that could lead to serious injuries.

5 hours ago, Deucey said:

Seriously, what the hell happened?

The Conductor has to observe the platform on departure if someone is not clear of the safety line or is otherwise in a position to be dragged or fall the Conductor will dump the train.

If it was a really close call the crew probably wanted to collect themselves or management was conducting some form of interview. I remember my first call had me messed up for the rest of the trip.

6 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

The Conductor has to observe the platform on departure if someone is not clear of the safety line or is otherwise in a position to be dragged or fall the Conductor will dump the train.

If it was a really close call the crew probably wanted to collect themselves or management was conducting some form of interview. I remember my first call had me messed up for the rest of the trip.

So this isn’t a situation where the person had fingertips out as the train was departing?