MTA Double Charge Has Straphangers Miffed

24 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Thank you so much for posting this, @Via Garibaldi 8. It is truly a travesty to have to be double charged because of any General Order that happens, such as what occurred with the (1) train. It is one thing for a General Order to occur, but it's a totally different matter when passengers have to be charged again because of General Orders.

10 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

Thank you so much for posting this, @Via Garibaldi 8. It is truly a travesty to have to be double charged because of any General Order that happens, such as what occurred with the (1) train. It is one thing for a General Order to occur, but it's a totally different matter when passengers have to be charged again because of General Orders.

It's wild to me that they've been having this track work and they have no staff around to answer questions or provide tickets to re-enter the system.  It also shows that a lot of people use the pay-per-ride option more than we may realize. I almost always buy passes because I travel around a lot, but obviously those cost more, and if you are on a limited income every little bit counts, especially with the bonus being cut. I would be pissed regardless of having to pay again for something like this.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's wild to me that they've been having this track work and they have no staff around to answer questions or provide tickets to re-enter the system.  It also shows that a lot of people use the pay-per-ride option more than we may realize. I almost always buy passes because I travel around a lot, but obviously those cost more, and if you are on a limited income every little bit counts, especially with the bonus being cut. I would be pissed regardless of having to pay again for something like this.

I really hear you on that; I find it really unsettling that it has to happen the way it was reported.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

In my neighborhood, I see much more people using PPR than passes. I guess it depends on where you live.

regarding G.Os, usually if people follows the signs out of the station there is an MTA empolyee standing there giving tickets, and at the other end there will be someone there collecting ticket. However that is realy inconsistant. One time, I and four other person also decided to walk in thru the door after someone gets out because the station agents wouldn't hear none of it and I don't want to get double charged.

Regarding refunds, good luck with that. I got doubled charged TWICE, between bus-subway transfer that was totally within the time limit, submitted a request online with e-fix. The MTA replying back saying the fare was correctly charged and no action is required...

Edited by Mtatransit

5 minutes ago, Mtatransit said:

Regarding refunds, good luck with that. I got doubled charged TWICE, between bus-subway transfer that was totally within the time limit, submitted a request online with e-fix. The MTA replying back saying the fare was correctly charged and no action is required...

It took me about 4 months to get back $120 because the vending machined stopped working as I was putting in my last bill.

I call the first time with the details (evening, MVM failure, buying a monthly in, etc.) , they said they couldn't find anything a month later. I called again to request another look, and then they come back a month later with the same old thing. The third time I called, it turns out that the dumbasses who took my previous calls put an AM time instead of a PM time (despite them asking me if it was AM or PM, and me explicitly stating it was in the PM/at night). They send a PPR card with $120 in it, and I was livid. I had to send back the card and asked them to give me the money. 

Fast forward a month, and I got a $120 check.

"This is every weekend... It's horrible"

....is telling.

------------------------------------------

Oh, (the agency's) looking into the issue, my ass.... If this has been ongoing for as long as it sounds like that first female passenger in the clip (quoted snippet above) does, then this is being done on purpose..... You don't know who, or if anybody is even supposed to be manning what booth when? Nobody is that obtuse.

Honestly now, as if this agency hasn't STOLEN enough of our money - and then commence (and continue to remain) befuddled as to why people are "stealing" service at the rate that they are..... It aint that people can't pay, it's that they're increasingly refusing to pay....

....and bullshit like this is why.

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It took me about 4 months to get back $120 because the vending machined stopped working as I was putting in my last bill.

I call the first time with the details (evening, MVM failure, buying a monthly in, etc.) , they said they couldn't find anything a month later. I called again to request another look, and then they come back a month later with the same old thing. The third time I called, it turns out that the dumbasses who took my previous calls put an AM time instead of a PM time (despite them asking me if it was AM or PM, and me explicitly stating it was in the PM/at night). They send a PPR card with $120 in it, and I was livid. I had to send back the card and asked them to give me the money. 

Fast forward a month, and I got a $120 check.

Ridiculous... Then you have to go and deposit that into your account and wait for that check to clear....

1 hour ago, Mtatransit said:

I can't wait for them to transition to the OMNY system. The amount of time MTA takes to process MVM/Metrocard errors is just unreal.

OMNY has been having it's own problems... People being charged erroneously due to them passing it with say a cell phone and OMNY reading their cell phones... Always something... 

On 7/30/2019 at 11:19 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It’s like you need a college degree to ride the subways during the weekends because you would literally need a PhD to decipher all the GO’s and differing service patterns. WE have to do the research OURSELVES because no one is out to help riders during a lot of these GO’s.

1 minute ago, paulrivera said:

It’s like you need a college degree to ride the subways during the weekends because you would literally need a PhD to decipher all the GO’s and differing service patterns. WE have to do the research OURSELVES because no one is out to help riders during a lot of these GO’s.

You got that right.... I've been using the subways since I was a teenager, and I even have to look at the maps to see what in the hell is going on.

36 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Sadly, it's entirely possible for children with no notable ties to MTA employees to have a better idea of how to navigate the system than MTA employees.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 7:34 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

OMNY has been having it's own problems... People being charged erroneously due to them passing it with say a cell phone and OMNY reading their cell phones... Always something... 

You know, all one has to do to avoid that is to shut off NFC until you need it. A swipe and one button press.

1 hour ago, LTA1992 said:

You know, all one has to do to avoid that is to shut off NFC until you need it. A swipe and one button press.

Most people above the age of 30 would say "Huh? NFC? Is that the place that sells fried chicken? What the hell do you want me to turn off??"