Anyone wanna see a NovaBus flooded with passengers on board?

Deucey

...and that's why it pays to not skip leg day :lol:. Keeping your legs in that position for a prolonged period aint easy.....

Anyway, I've also been on a flooded bus, but it wasn't anything remotely close to that .. It was on the B61 out in Red Hook, over there along Beard st (just short of IKEA)..... It also wasn't on a Nova, we were on a O7 Hybrid (luckily for me, I was already in the back of the bus.... was funny to see people scrambling towards the back of the bus though)....

I read the title in a Spongebob voice and then thought: wanna see me do it again?

More seriously though, that bus will need a deep cleaning, and that may be salt water. A few years ago, a SEPTA bus was completely flooded to its roof, but the Schuylkill River is fresh water, and the bus was repaired (although the powertrain had to be replaced). The Kill Van Kull is salt water.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Screw old people, people with strollers or luggage, and the disabled, amirite? <_<

5 hours ago, Lex said:

Don't forget general dwell times!

I was talking about one feature not every feature😒

7 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Screw old people, people with strollers or luggage, and the disabled, amirite? <_<

I’m sure you’d think differently if you got into an accident that put you in a wheelchair. Although certain buses are amusing for YOU, MTA focuses more on EVERYONE’s convenience.

I have some elderly neighbors who have trouble walking and climbing steps, one of which uses a leg scooter to get around places and must use the wheelchair ramp when boarding and getting off the bus.

That statement is VERY selfish and I hope you reconsider it....

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I’m sure you’d think differently if you got into an accident that put you in a wheelchair. Although certain buses are amusing for YOU, MTA focuses more on EVERYONE’s convenience.

I have some elderly neighbors who have trouble walking and climbing steps, one of which uses a leg scooter to get around places and must use the wheelchair ramp when boarding and getting off the bus.

That statement is VERY selfish and I hope you reconsider it....

He was being sarcastic and disagreeing with who he quoted...my goodness you took that the wrong way. Reread the comment he quoted. The guy said "and this is why buses like the RTS and O5s win because they have high floors", @bobtehpanda replied saying screw elderly people, disabled, etc with a question mark at the end as in disagreeing with his comment about what @Lil 57 said. He was actually saying "so you're just gonna forget about the elderly, disabled, etc, because you think high floor buses are better". 

You blew his comment way out of proportion and you're probably the only one that didn't interpret correctly so I'm correcting you because no need to disrespect someone and make him seem wrong for something he didn't do. 

Also, @Lil 57 i clearly knew you were only talking about that one feature. But nowadays you have to be careful what you say because we live in a society where there are so many viewpoints and counter arguments for EVERYTHING, no one sees eye to eye and will take offense to anything you say regardless of how you mean it. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888