Cuomo And His MTA Lied About The Real Reason For MTA Chair's Resignation

ThePeoplesMTA

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Novel concept, isn't it.....

I can't bring myself to putting stock in any of these jokers....

Might be because my brother’s a politico on TV, so I’ve been raised around pols and politicos that I’m never shocked by the lies - save Trump when he and his group lie about easily verifiable stuff.

I just never get why everyone else is mad that their expectation - lying politicians - is met (politicians lying).

On 8/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, Deucey said:

Might be because my brother’s a politico on TV, so I’ve been raised around pols and politicos that I’m never shocked by the lies - save Trump when he and his group lie about easily verifiable stuff.

I just never get why everyone else is mad that their expectation - lying politicians - is met (politicians lying).

https://news.gallup.com/poll/162362/americans-down-congress-own-representative.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans continue to express frustration with Congress: 16% approve of the job it is doing, essentially the same as in April.

This low level of approval for Congress, from a May 2-7 Gallup survey, is nothing new. Americans have held the nation's legislative branch in low regard for years now. Though not the worst on record -- which was 10%, recorded twice in 2012 -- Congress' approval rating now is far below the 33% average found since 1974. Seventy-nine percent currently say they disapprove.

Although Americans overwhelmingly disapprove of the job Congress in general is doing, voters re-elect most members of Congress in every election. This phenomenon is partly explained by the finding that Americans have significantly more positive views of their own representative than they do of Congress overall.

About half (46%) of Americans say they approve of the job the representative from their own congressional district is doing. This is on the low end of what Gallup has found historically, although it hasn't asked this question often and not since 1992. From 1990-1992, Gallup asked Americans this question eight times, with approval ratings ranging from 49% to 66% and averaging 58%. In a lone 1977 reading, 55% of Americans approved of their congressional representative.

"He's an a**hole, but he's our a**hole!"

I know some people that have worked with Lhota in various capacities over the years, and they all say he is an upstanding guy. Considering the dingleberries that have tried to lead the MTA in the past (looking at you, Walder), I am not particularly upset by the conflict of interest issues here given the positive changes Lhota made in his time. 

I haven't seen any actions he took that specifically made him or the companies he worked for richer through his role at the MTA, so I'm curious to see what others know of