MNR

FamousNYLover

Old lounge car from the budd/pullman era. I've seen those guys at the MMC. ;)

What track was it on? I could get really good photos of it this week...

- A

Track 36

I was planning to see Amtrak b/c Penn Station Arrival says 5:35pm Niagara Falls #286 GCT

Did u use a cell phone?

No, it's Hitachi Digital Camera.

Keep in mind that Budd and Pullman made railcars like crazy for agencies all over the us. MNRR was once 4 different railroads then 2 then one then another single one then another single one. That looks like it's from the Penn Central days especially with that flat bit over the windows where the railroad's name usually was put.

- A

The 2 end cars are ex Erie Lackawanna Phoebe Snow lounge cars. That middle car is some 60's vintage NY Central Pullman, I'm told but not sure.

The consist is used by Metro North as an observation train, meaning guys in suits ride around and check out the lines. ;) They've also been used on some MN fan trips, like This 2004 trip over the Beacon Line I rode regular shoreliner coach because it cost a lot more to ride in the Phoebe Snows.

The 2 end cars are ex Erie Lackawanna Phoebe Snow lounge cars. That middle car is some 60's vintage NY Central Pullman, I'm told but not sure.

The consist is used by Metro North as an observation train, meaning guys in suits ride around and check out the lines. ;) They've also been used on some MN fan trips, like This 2004 trip over the Beacon Line I rode regular shoreliner coach because it cost a lot more to ride in the Phoebe Snows.

Thank you Fred.

Archived