Museum of City of New York

ThePeoplesMTA

https://youtu.be/l1scxC_stH4

The People's MTA (PMTA) disrupted a fancy $25-per-person event held April 26, 2018, at the Museum of the City of New York for Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board Chairman Joe Lhota and Board Member Veronica Vanterpool. They were supposed to do a non-confrontational conversation (over glasses of wine!) with New York Times reporter Sarah Maslin Nir. But within 7 minutes, the event was canceled and attendees were offered a refund!

The People's MTA is struggling for 100% accessibility in the public transit system, no more racist policing, a cancellation of the MTA's $35 billion debt to Wall Street and more.

26 minutes ago, ThePeoplesMTA said:

The People's MTA (PMTA) disrupted a fancy $25-per-person event held April 26, 2018, at the Museum of the City of New York for Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board Chairman Joe Lhota and Board Member Veronica Vanterpool. They were supposed to do a non-confrontational conversation (over glasses of wine!) with New York Times reporter Sarah Maslin Nir. But within 7 minutes, the event was canceled and attendees were offered a refund!

The People's MTA is struggling for 100% accessibility in the public transit system, no more racist policing, a cancellation of the MTA's $35 billion debt to Wall Street and more.

Yeah, thanks. You screwed up my attendance of the event for nothing. They were going to engage in a thoughtful and thorough of the discussion. How often do you hear the Chairman of the MTA attending and speaking at an event? While I believe that every station should be accessible, and while I agree with the work that groups advocating for accessibility have done, I think what you did here was idiotic and counterproductive.

5 hours ago, ThePeoplesMTA said:

The way you went about this was not productive at all. There was supposed to be a meaningful discussion and then it had to be cancelled because your opinion that there should be accessibility across the board while I think that should be the case trumped what the MTA head wanted to have, to have a discussion regarding ways to improve things across the board. As @Union Tpke indicated earlier, what you have done created more harm than help.

Stupidest thing I've seen this week. Way to alienate people who would, generally speaking, be on your side.

Not to mention that the person who makes these videos must be illiterate, a third-grade dropout, or both. Let's read this one over:

"The MTA has claimed it can't afford to add elevators.

FACT: The MTA owes $35 billion to the banks.

That's why we shut down the MTA's PR stunt."

I'm sorry, what?