Buses in Black Hood during Black VegFest

FamousNYLover

10 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

alot more non blacks live in those neighborhoods (specifically anything above fulton street) than in previous years. see, this is where attempting to be clever gets ignorant people in trouble. 

Agree, it was a very ignorant statement. I've never even heard anyone before used 'Black Hood' before (which is why that confused me originally), as if that area has only black people, and as if there are "(Insert Race Here) Hood". Especially in this city, one should know that's clearly not case. Even before any gentrification occurred, that wasn't the case. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

3 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Agree. I've never even heard anyone before used 'Black Hood' before (which is why that confused me originally), as if that area is only full of blacks. Especially in this citt, one should know that's clearly not case. Even before any gentrification occurred, that wasn't the case. 

far be it from me to pull the 'you know what' card, but guaranteed this 'child of God' is only repeating what he's heard in reference to this/these neighborhoods as opposed to actually becoming informed, like a decent human being. 'black hood' is a term east coast/new England racists use when referring to us in a 21st century, trying to sound urban or hip kinda way, without sounding like their raging, foaming at the mouth southern counterparts 

53 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

far be it from me to pull the 'you know what' card, but guaranteed this 'child of God' is only repeating what he's heard in reference to this/these neighborhoods as opposed to actually becoming informed, like a decent human being. 'black hood' is a term east coast/new England racists use when referring to us in a 21st century, trying to sound urban or hip kinda way, without sounding like their raging, foaming at the mouth southern counterparts 

Wouldn't be the first time he's done that. He's been called out before for using a slur towards Mexicans as if it was a regular word. 

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Wouldn't be the first time he's done that. He's been called out before for using a slur towards Mexicans as if it was a regular word. 

1 hour ago, MHV9218 said:

Worth noting he has some problems. Wouldn't blame entirely since he just hears it and repeats it. But he also refuses to listen when called out, so hard to say.

yeah... what a peach.