MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

5 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Just got my list number today finally, 4XXX, they said they’ll radomnly select people for further processing, is that true? My number is surprisingly high if it starts at 0 or 1, just wondering

It does start with 0. But they move fast. Remember not everyone will qualify. Some may have issues with licensing, drugs test, medical or choose not to take the position. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Just got the pre-employment call, gonna fill everything out, but I don’t have my cdl permit yet, I’m scheduled to take the test July 2nd, is there any way to go ahead to them, because I have to fill in the form by Monday

I had a similar situation occur with the DMV. What I did was explain my situation with my local DMV and was able to take the written test and pass both airbreaks and general knowledge. 

I just realized that points come off your abstract once the year ends. I have 2 traffic violations. 4 points from 2018. 3 years have passed on both violations but points won’t be removed until 2022 and I have a 3 point ticket pending. Would this disqualify me from continuing with my application? Any advice would be truly appreciated. 

On 6/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, Skilleddriver21 said:

I just realized that points come off your abstract once the year ends. I have 2 traffic violations. 4 points from 2018. 3 years have passed on both violations but points won’t be removed until 2022 and I have a 3 point ticket pending. Would this disqualify me from continuing with my application? Any advice would be truly appreciated. 

On 6/24/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jaybk11101 said:

Would ez-pass violation tickets prevent someone from employment?

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, if anything is pending, this would be an automatic disqualification. Depending on the severity, I would just pay it, accept whatever points and move on. Just note that those famous "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count towards having your points removed.

Third, as some people on the Forums already know, one of the things which the folks at "Employment Operations" are going to do is to run your Standard Driving Record, aka "abstract." Did you know that you can run off your own abstract to see what is and what is not on there? For those of you who live in New York, click here for more information.

Good luck!!

Anyone got called for pre employment yet? My friend got call and sent in the paperwork. But had two accidents in the past. Nothing too serious and was wondering if that was a prohibition to being employed. Also how long is it taking from sending pre employment paperwork to drug test and medical? 

On 6/28/2021 at 8:41 PM, +Young+ said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, if anything is pending, this would be an automatic disqualification. Depending on the severity, I would just pay it, accept whatever points and move on. Just note that those famous "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count towards having your points removed.

Third, as some people on the Forums already know, one of the things which the folks at "Employment Operations" are going to do is to run your Standard Driving Record, aka "abstract." Did you know that you can run off your own abstract to see what is and what is not on there? For those of you who live in New York, click here for more information.

Good luck!!

Hi +young+ have a question i have 2 pending tickets red light & speeding both tickets connected same day & time ,court date decemebr 2021 ,  today 07/06/21 got a call & email to report to Livingston  , so what’s gonna happen when i go there they gonna disqualified me ??? 

42 minutes ago, Nycatracho said:

Hi +young+ have a question i have 2 pending tickets red light & speeding both tickets connected same day & time ,court date decemebr 2021 ,  today 07/06/21 got a call & email to report to Livingston  , so what’s gonna happen when i go there they gonna disqualified me ??? 

First of all, did you fill out the pre-employment background sheet and e-mail it back to them? Interesting.

Anyways, if my memory recalls, didn't you have the same problem when you sent paperwork in for a Bus Operator Position with MTA Bus Company back in December of 2020? If not, then click here to refresh your mind.

As you said in your post back in December of 2020, "the process can not keep going forward cause i have 2 pending tickets."

Should be self-explanatory.

2 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, did you fill out the pre-employment background sheet and e-mail it back to them? Interesting.

Anyways, if my memory recalls, didn't you have the same problem when you sent paperwork in for a Bus Operator Position with MTA Bus Company back in December of 2020? If not, then click here to refresh your mind.

As you said in your post back in December of 2020, "the process can not keep going forward cause i have 2 pending tickets."

Should be self-explanatory.

Yes in 2020 that was MTA they call me from HR about my pending tickets that i can not go  forward that is why im confused , now Mabstoa send me appointment to go to Livingston on friday and what to take with me 

Just now, Nycatracho said:

Yes in 2020 that was MTA they call me from HR about my pending tickets that i can not go  forward that is why im confused , now Mabstoa send me appointment to go to Livingston on friday and what to take with me 

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

3 minutes ago, Nycatracho said:

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

Wow, and they didn't turn you away, since, from my perspective, you can't have anything pending? Interesting.

I'm going to ask @SevenEleven and @Flatbush Operator for their responses then I'll post mine. I'm just speechless by your quote.