Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100


+Young+
 Share

Message added by +Young+

While we are waiting for this list to be published, you might want to check out this and this YouTube video. Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Just got my list number today finally, 4XXX, they said they’ll radomnly select people for further processing, is that true? My number is surprisingly high if it starts at 0 or 1, just wondering

It does start with 0. But they move fast. Remember not everyone will qualify. Some may have issues with licensing, drugs test, medical or choose not to take the position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, lornaevo said:

It does start with 0. But they move fast. Remember not everyone will qualify. Some may have issues with licensing, drugs test, medical or choose not to take the position. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got the pre-employment call, gonna fill everything out, but I don’t have my cdl permit yet, I’m scheduled to take the test July 2nd, is there any way to go ahead to them, because I have to fill in the form by Monday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Just got the pre-employment call, gonna fill everything out, but I don’t have my cdl permit yet, I’m scheduled to take the test July 2nd, is there any way to go ahead to them, because I have to fill in the form by Monday

I had a similar situation occur with the DMV. What I did was explain my situation with my local DMV and was able to take the written test and pass both airbreaks and general knowledge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realized that points come off your abstract once the year ends. I have 2 traffic violations. 4 points from 2018. 3 years have passed on both violations but points won’t be removed until 2022 and I have a 3 point ticket pending. Would this disqualify me from continuing with my application? Any advice would be truly appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 6:57 PM, Nycatracho said:

June 8 , i got email pre employment , call & text from exam 0100 my number # 26xx

Catracho do you got call after you send you pre application from them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 11:08 AM, Bugz237 said:

Where would we be able to work just in Manhattan and bronx? Or brooklyn as well?

All of Manhattan, 3 depots in The Bronx and Brooklyn. No Staten Island, no Queens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, Skilleddriver21 said:

I just realized that points come off your abstract once the year ends. I have 2 traffic violations. 4 points from 2018. 3 years have passed on both violations but points won’t be removed until 2022 and I have a 3 point ticket pending. Would this disqualify me from continuing with my application? Any advice would be truly appreciated. 

 

On 6/24/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jaybk11101 said:

Would ez-pass violation tickets prevent someone from employment?

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, if anything is pending, this would be an automatic disqualification. Depending on the severity, I would just pay it, accept whatever points and move on. Just note that those famous "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count towards having your points removed.

Third, as some people on the Forums already know, one of the things which the folks at "Employment Operations" are going to do is to run your Standard Driving Record, aka "abstract." Did you know that you can run off your own abstract to see what is and what is not on there? For those of you who live in New York, click here for more information.

Good luck!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone got called for pre employment yet? My friend got call and sent in the paperwork. But had two accidents in the past. Nothing too serious and was wondering if that was a prohibition to being employed. Also how long is it taking from sending pre employment paperwork to drug test and medical? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I replied to the email and sent in the pre employment packet before the deadline and still haven’t heard from them. This is taking longer than for MTA Bus I received an email a week after replying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 8:41 PM, +Young+ said:

 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, if anything is pending, this would be an automatic disqualification. Depending on the severity, I would just pay it, accept whatever points and move on. Just note that those famous "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count towards having your points removed.

Third, as some people on the Forums already know, one of the things which the folks at "Employment Operations" are going to do is to run your Standard Driving Record, aka "abstract." Did you know that you can run off your own abstract to see what is and what is not on there? For those of you who live in New York, click here for more information.

Good luck!!

Hi +young+ have a question i have 2 pending tickets red light & speeding both tickets connected same day & time ,court date decemebr 2021 ,  today 07/06/21 got a call & email to report to Livingston  , so what’s gonna happen when i go there they gonna disqualified me ??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nycatracho said:

Hi +young+ have a question i have 2 pending tickets red light & speeding both tickets connected same day & time ,court date decemebr 2021 ,  today 07/06/21 got a call & email to report to Livingston  , so what’s gonna happen when i go there they gonna disqualified me ??? 

First of all, did you fill out the pre-employment background sheet and e-mail it back to them? Interesting.

Anyways, if my memory recalls, didn't you have the same problem when you sent paperwork in for a Bus Operator Position with MTA Bus Company back in December of 2020? If not, then click here to refresh your mind.

As you said in your post back in December of 2020, "the process can not keep going forward cause i have 2 pending tickets."

Should be self-explanatory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, did you fill out the pre-employment background sheet and e-mail it back to them? Interesting.

Anyways, if my memory recalls, didn't you have the same problem when you sent paperwork in for a Bus Operator Position with MTA Bus Company back in December of 2020? If not, then click here to refresh your mind.

As you said in your post back in December of 2020, "the process can not keep going forward cause i have 2 pending tickets."

Should be self-explanatory.

Yes in 2020 that was MTA they call me from HR about my pending tickets that i can not go  forward that is why im confused , now Mabstoa send me appointment to go to Livingston on friday and what to take with me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nycatracho said:

Yes in 2020 that was MTA they call me from HR about my pending tickets that i can not go  forward that is why im confused , now Mabstoa send me appointment to go to Livingston on friday and what to take with me 

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nycatracho said:

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

Wow, and they didn't turn you away, since, from my perspective, you can't have anything pending? Interesting.

I'm going to ask @SevenEleven and @Flatbush Operator for their responses then I'll post mine. I'm just speechless by your quote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.