MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nycatracho said:

Thank you +young+ 

You're welcome. From my perspective, this is the first time this happened, therefore I'm going to wait, see what they say, and take it from there. You should definitely hear back from me before Friday.

@+Young+ hey man thanks for answering all the questions, so I sent them my pre employment packet back completely filled, the only thing is I don’t have my CDL class B permit yet, I pass the exam I just need to get the physical done, and plan to do so this Saturday, so I should have my full CDL class B permit by Monday, Covid made things really difficult ,will I get automatically disqualified?

3 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

@+Young+ hey man thanks for answering all the questions, so I sent them my pre employment packet back completely filled, the only thing is I don’t have my CDL class B permit yet, I pass the exam I just need to get the physical done, and plan to do so this Saturday, so I should have my full CDL class B permit by Monday, Covid made things really difficult ,will I get automatically disqualified?

It depends on when they run your abstract. If they run your abstract before you get the permit, then you will be automatically disqualified. If they run your abstract after you get the permit, then you should be good. Keep in mind that, as we know, when you send an e-mail message, it's timestamped on both the sender's end and the person receiving it as well, therefore this may have a factor.

Offhand, if you look at the second page of this PDF document, you know that the A3 (Medical Certification Exempt) restriction and a few others are acceptable for the MTA, right? Therefore, if you don't have your "physical" permit, I would try to get this document as soon as possible. You can get the physical done later and then submit the MCSA-5876 form to the DMV to have the "A3" restriction removed, respectively.

-Young

Edited by +Young+

9 hours ago, Nycatracho said:

Hi +young+ have a question i have 2 pending tickets red light & speeding both tickets connected same day & time ,court date decemebr 2021 ,  today 07/06/21 got a call & email to report to Livingston  , so what’s gonna happen when i go there they gonna disqualified me ??? 

I have a question sorry to hijack your post. How long after sending pre employment packet, did you hear from them?

On 7/6/2021 at 9:27 PM, Nycatracho said:

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

So I've been thinking about this for a little bit, and I'm going with a 80% "No" answer and a 20% "Yes" answer. Here's why:

-As far as the 20% "Yes" answer, there's that famous quote "You never know until you try." If you type this into Google, you'll see where I'm coming from, especially if you live within a reasonable distance from Livingston Street and you have the extra time to go there.

-As far as the 80% "No" answer, they will be looking over your paperwork several times, which includes your abstract. As soon as they see that something is "pending," you will be automatically disqualified.

In addition, if you happen to get through the Human Resources Department, if I recall correctly, the folks at Zerega will run their own abstract, which is similar to the first two pages of this PDF document. Therefore, as soon as they see that something is "pending," you will be automatically disqualified until it is rectified one way or another.

My sincere apologies if I hurt your feelings.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, Nycatracho said:

Yes in 2020 that was MTA they call me from HR about my pending tickets that i can not go  forward that is why im confused , now Mabstoa send me appointment to go to Livingston on friday and what to take with me 

They will call you from whatever list regardless of any prior visits, etc. They call already employed bus operators for TA/OA/MTA Bus (the other two). 

Regardless, the same rules apply. You will be turned away because of the pending tickets. 

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So I've been thinking about this for a little bit, and I'm going with a 80% "No" answer and a 20% "Yes" answer. Here's why:

-As far as the 20% "Yes" answer, there's that famous quote "You never know until you try." If you type this into Google, you'll see where I'm coming from, especially if you live within a reasonable distance from Livingston Street and you have the extra time to go there.

-As far as the 80% "No" answer, they will be looking over your paperwork several times, which includes your abstract. As soon as they see that something is "pending," you will be automatically disqualified.

In addition, if you happen to get through the Human Resources Department, if I recall correctly, the folks at Zerega will run their own abstract, which is similar to the first two pages of this PDF document. Therefore, as soon as they see that something is "pending," you will be automatically disqualified until it is rectified one way or another.

My sincere apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Oh so the pending tickets they suppose to show up in the abstract ??? Cuz i did print out my abstract but there is nothing of the tickets 

1 hour ago, Nycatracho said:

Oh so the pending tickets they suppose to show up in the abstract ??? Cuz i did print out my abstract but there is nothing of the tickets 

No, pending tickets are just that. They will land on your abstract once you've been convicted of them.

So I got a letter today post marked after the 6/28 deadline for the canvass, stating that I completed the bus operator selection survey, and that I’ll be invited to their facility once positions become available, I finally took care of the cdl permit, so I’m just hoping I’m one small step closer, I know it’s a long process!

On 7/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, Jaybk11101 said:

I also took the nyct test, they haven’t called yet, I’m just wondering if the hiring process is the same, and is it better or the same? I live in the BX so. I figured mabstoa was a good fit

To make a long story short, it's the same. The only difference is for MaBSTOA (OA) and MTA Bus Company (BC), your list numbers are in random order, while for NYC Transit (TA), the list numbers are determined by how well you did on a multiple-choice Civil Service Examination, in addition to the fact that the agency is supposed to follow the "Civil Service" Rules and Regulations of the City of New York as well.

Good luck!!

On 7/6/2021 at 9:33 PM, +Young+ said:

Wow, and they didn't turn you away, since, from my perspective, you can't have anything pending? Interesting.

I'm going to ask @SevenEleven and @Flatbush Operator for their responses then I'll post mine. I'm just speechless by your quote.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:27 PM, Nycatracho said:

And yes i send the pre employment application and yes i put in my 2 pending tickets also 

Pending “Moving Violations” Tickets must be cleared first in order to proceed with hiring process. Find out how many point are the two violations.

Was the red light violation issued by a police officer?

On 7/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, N3Gro said:

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to get called to Livingston

welp not so fast got put on medical hold. :( plus can i go to one of those city md or my primary care for blood work?

Edited by misslo