MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

6 hours ago, misslo said:

welp not so fast got put on medical hold. :( plus can i go to one of those city md or my primary care for blood work?

Sheeesh... I missed my initial preemployment for MTA BUS Exam 9309 due to a medical procedure I needed to get done. But then was contacted for MaBSToa Exam 0100 and I'm still waiting for a date for my preemployment. My deadline to submit the paperwork was June 15TH.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, N3Gro said:

Sheeesh... I missed my initial preemployment for MTA BUS Exam 9309 due to a medical procedure I needed to get done. But then was contacted for MaBSToa Exam 0100 and I'm still waiting for a date for my preemployment. My deadline to submit the paperwork was June 15TH.

If i wasnt so honest i woudve been in the sunday class. the lady told me as soon as i got the results i should email her so she can put me in the next class. it sucks having a uterus. I made an app with my GP.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:58 PM, N3Gro said:

Go with Mabstoa. You’ll thank me later.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Go with Mabstoa. You’ll thank me later.

I’ve heard this! MaBSTOA or NYCT which I’m on exam 9618 with them. However, the guys I’ve spoken to with MTA Bus say they get a lot of down time which they love. They also stated that eventually all 3 of the different bus companies will all have the same pension and retirement benefits etc. Not sure how true that is but I just want them to call me down Livingston… The wait for MaBSToA has definitely been longer than for MTA Bus. 

2 hours ago, N3Gro said:

I’ve heard this! MaBSTOA or NYCT which I’m on exam 9618 with them. However, the guys I’ve spoken to with MTA Bus say they get a lot of down time which they love. They also stated that eventually all 3 of the different bus companies will all have the same pension and retirement benefits etc. Not sure how true that is but I just want them to call me down Livingston… The wait for MaBSToA has definitely been longer than for MTA Bus. 

It's a lot of downtime because those ops are working split runs that has a lot of break time in between. Will you see that out the gate? Nah. Also, a lot of runs, you will keep your bus and have your meal break on the road. For example, you're on the Q53.. You're due to arrive at the end of the line at 7pm. Then you won't leave till 740pm. That 40 mins is your break time.

The same happens with TA/OA work where you'll make a relief/be relieved on the road and you'll spend your break on the road but there are much more runs that pull in/out of the depot (in which you'll be having your meal there)

9 hours ago, N3Gro said:

Go to OA or TA if you have the chance. And that’s coming from a MTA Bus operator. I’m waiting for the next ta exam and I’m going to try to switch over. 

1 hour ago, N3Gro said:

Like everyone suggested, TA/OA is the way the go. But you can alway try it out and resign once the other Agency calls you in for employment process. But here's the thing though, If today you go with MTA Bus just to try it out, you have to make sure you qualified the 7-10 day training process or you won't be able to try the other agency for the next 5 years. 

On 7/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, Flatbush Operator said:

Like everyone suggested, TA/OA is the way the go. But you can alway try it out and resign once the other Agency calls you in for employment process. But here's the thing though, If today you go with MTA Bus just to try it out, you have to make sure you qualified the 7-10 day training process or you won't be able to try the other agency for the next 5 years. 

Wow talk about curve ball. Lol I’m just going to wait. I’ve contacted MTA Bus via email to try and get the ball rolling again and haven’t heard back. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hi. @+Young+ I notice you have lots of info on the subject. Thanks. :) . I got my list number on a email  somewhere In the 3k'. Later in June I received a email for pre-employment and send it in the same day with my CDL and pre-employment info What will the next step be? How long will it take? From what I'm hearing MaBSTOA looks like the way to go is it true? Thanks in advance. 

35 minutes ago, LuisB said:

Good morning l have a question l was disqualified from MTA P/T B/O l want to if is true l have to wait 5 years after this.my second question l send my pre employee for mabstoa on June 2 and l don’t hear anything after this 

Mind I ask why were you disqualified? Did you fail the initial 10-Day Training Session? And yes, if this is the case, then you do have to wait five [5] years. Why this is, I don't know.

As far as sending in your pre-employment information for MaBSTOA, have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here? It's a shame that they're not even getting back to you as far as why you're not being hired for MaBSTOA, even if the five [5] year rule is in effect.

Good luck.

Yes l failed the 10 days training 3 years ago on MTA P/T B/O and then l take the test again for the same P/T B/O and they call me last May for finish my pre employee application for MTA P/T B/O after l did they same email said you disqualified l ask why they don’t give me the reason 

8 minutes ago, LuisB said:

Yes l failed the 10 days training 3 years ago on MTA P/T B/O and then l take the test again for the same P/T B/O and they call me last May for finish my pre employee application for MTA P/T B/O after l did they same email said you disqualified l ask why they don’t give me the reason 

Interesting. I would make an effort to contact the "higher-ups," see what they have to say, and take it from there.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, LuisB said:

Good morning l have a question l was disqualified from MTA P/T B/O l want to if is true l have to wait 5 years after this.my second question l send my pre employee for mabstoa on June 2 and l don’t hear anything after this 

You and I are in the same waiting boat. I hope they call soon. Question about 10 day training...do they ask you to quit your job before training? 

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

You and I are in the same waiting boat. I hope they call soon. Question about 10 day training...do they ask you to quit your job before training? 

During final processing, if you make it that far, they will recommend that you use "vacation" or "time off" or something to that nature. This way, if you happen to fail the 10-Day Training Session, you didn't "burn your bridges" with your current employer.

22 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

During final processing, if you make it that far, they will recommend that you use "vacation" or "time off" or something to that nature. This way, if you happen to fail the 10-Day Training Session, you didn't "burn your bridges" with your current employer.

👆🏽👌🏽

2 hours ago, LuisB said:

Not they don’t said anything to me don’t quit your job before you pass your 10 day’s training 

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

If you are able to take 2 weeks vacation or leave of absence, it would be helpful.