MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, N3Gro said:

For Exam 0100? I thought u were on exam 9309 MTA BUS? I’m still waiting to hear from this exam 

oh yes i did all the bus exams(TA OA and MTA BUS COMPANY - 9604. 9100, 9309,1100 and i got a letter for 9618) , TO and Conductor. Well 7300 called 1-31-20 first but my DL had not matured it was 1.5yrs and then 0100 called in june 2021 did all the paperwork , labs and medical. Got put on hold 7-13-21, Got called in august 2021 for 9604 but one of the women caught that my license was under 3yrs. Gave me the paper to call for when the date has passed. i called, email and no one answered. So I email them in regards to the medical hold different email for this and they only answer on fridays 10-3. i got an app 09-30-21 urinalysis, eye test blood pressure but they didnt do the hearing test nor the EKG again though. after that, the lady couldnt find my paper for 0100, i came back 10-7-21 and the white guy help fill out more paper work.with PP,DL,SS. after that i was told to go and wait for an email which i got on 10-14-21 for the following dates10-19-21 and 10-24-21.

10 hours ago, misslo said:

oh yes i did all the bus exams(TA OA and MTA BUS COMPANY - 9604. 9100, 9309,1100 and i got a letter for 9618) , TO and Conductor. Well 7300 called 1-31-20 first but my DL had not matured it was 1.5yrs and then 0100 called in june 2021 did all the paperwork , labs and medical. Got put on hold 7-13-21, Got called in august 2021 for 9604 but one of the women caught that my license was under 3yrs. Gave me the paper to call for when the date has passed. i called, email and no one answered. So I email them in regards to the medical hold different email for this and they only answer on fridays 10-3. i got an app 09-30-21 urinalysis, eye test blood pressure but they didnt do the hearing test nor the EKG again though. after that, the lady couldnt find my paper for 0100, i came back 10-7-21 and the white guy help fill out more paper work.with PP,DL,SS. after that i was told to go and wait for an email which i got on 10-14-21 for the following dates10-19-21 and 10-24-21.

Jesus! Lol

On 10/16/2021 at 6:43 PM, misslo said:

welp. it's my turn. i go there on tuesday for final processing and then to the class starting 10-24-21. but they say dont resign from current job. how this gone work now 🤔

Did they mention to you the date for the next class after Oct 24 ?

12 hours ago, Kenstyles said:

I wonder why I'm list number 17** and they are calling in the 4 THOUSANDS? 🤣 makes no sense. 

How many people took this test?

i think these are randomized because my number for both were in the 5000's and for 9309 i did not do the test because i already did 7300

I start on 10/24 at 7am. But I don’t feel prepared. I really want the TA one. I am on so many list they couldn’t find my application. I spent the whole day there yesterday and did the application all over  and did so many paper work. Help me Jesus.

7 hours ago, misslo said:

I start on 10/24 at 7am. But I don’t feel prepared. I really want the TA one. I am on so many list they couldn’t find my application. I spent the whole day there yesterday and did the application all over  and did so many paper work. Help me Jesus.

Just take the job and transfer over to NYCT when they call. Secure getting in first.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Why's everyone trying to rush into NYCT? What's wrong with MabSTOA?

Well I don’t know I’m confused. Cuz everyone one I ask they say TA is better. Plus it could be me just being anxious about the transition/process. I have to buy clothes, shoes (leather), tie, pants (which I hope fits) plus it’s going to be “that time of the month.” I really have to resign from my current job, I’m not a regular so I don’t have days like that. (USPS) 🥺🥺 

NYCT is the only division out of the 3 is that is technically the city job. The pension is managed by NYCERs while OA has a privately managed pension that is similar. If you come (or go) from another city job with NYCERs, your pension time goes with you. Your OA time does not. If let’s say you want to transfer to the subway, your time served as far as NYCERs is concerned is 0. 

NYCT has civil service law protections in place that OA doesn’t necessarily have to follow. While you can work out of any Brooklyn TA depot as an OA employee, that can be taken away during contract time. Also being hired under TA allows you to work in Staten Island or any of the Queens TA depots which helps if you live in Jersey, PA or deep in Long Island.

When it comes to promotional exams, you can only apply if it’s for the same division. So if the MTA has two exams in the future for dispatcher for NYCT, you can’t take them.

The union does its best to have OA in parity with TA but it’s still not the same. Getting your foot in the door under OA is great and it’s not a bad thing, just be aware of the stips you have by being one. 

8 hours ago, misslo said:

Well I don’t know I’m confused. Cuz everyone one I ask they say TA is better. Plus it could be me just being anxious about the transition/process. I have to buy clothes, shoes (leather), tie, pants (which I hope fits) plus it’s going to be “that time of the month.” I really have to resign from my current job, I’m not a regular so I don’t have days like that. (USPS) 🥺🥺 

Don’t stress whats for you is already here. I don’t need to explain the differences since it was explained already but yea I just learned the differences myself. I have prior city time so for me NYCT is my best bet to buy my time back.

23 hours ago, misslo said:

Did you have to show proof of covid vaccination to get hired?

1 hour ago, hh1a said:

Did you have to show proof of covid vaccination to get hired?

No. They never ask me anything about vaccination. Even though im a pfizer baby and i did have my card with me. All i gave them was passport, DL and social security card.

3 hours ago, misslo said:

No. They never ask me anything about vaccination. Even though im a pfizer baby and i did have my card with me. All i gave them was passport, DL and social security card.

Wow I just got the email from this exam. Pre employment on the 25th. OMG that’s 4 days from today talk about short notice.

3 hours ago, N3Gro said:

Wow I just got the email from this exam. Pre employment on the 25th. OMG that’s 4 days from today talk about short notice.

Oh yeah the MTA gives short notices. Especially if your medical is good. Pre employment>medical>final processing>then bam you in a class. I did all those exams, Ms.Johnson couldn’t find my application for this one😂😂😂😂😂 pro-tip take some time to fill out the application properly. It’s a little bureaucratic. “Day 1 titles pdf” can be filled in on computer. Employment history part of it is the most annoying section. Any employment you don’t remember just put unemployed (they don’t really care) oh and make sure the dates are correct in chronological order. Start from past to present. Don’t do like me who started present to past. You don’t have to put every job. As it pertains to the pension part of the application- you can fill it out in the pdf or write in blue ink. Oh you definitely want to be careful with this part of it. Please be careful, precise and accurate. 😩😩

another tip. Go to target and get ink and paper for your computer. Get a folder and put every paper that concerns MTA in it.  Passport, SS card, DL, CDL permit, blank money order from POST OFFICE. $88.25.  Put them in one place aside in your home.  every time MTA calls or send an email just grab and go

3 hours ago, misslo said:

Oh yeah the MTA gives short notices. Especially if your medical is good. Pre employment>medical>final processing>then bam you in a class. I did all those exams, Ms.Johnson couldn’t find my application for this one😂😂😂😂😂 pro-tip take some time to fill out the application properly. It’s a little bureaucratic. “Day 1 titles pdf” can be filled in on computer. Employment history part of it is the most annoying section. Any employment you don’t remember just put unemployed (they don’t really care) oh and make sure the dates are correct in chronological order. Start from past to present. Don’t do like me who started present to past. You don’t have to put every job. As it pertains to the pension part of the application- you can fill it out in the pdf or write in blue ink. Oh you definitely want to be careful with this part of it. Please be careful, precise and accurate. 😩😩

another tip. Go to target and get ink and paper for your computer. Get a folder and put every paper that concerns MTA in it.  Passport, SS card, DL, CDL permit, blank money order from POST OFFICE. $88.25.  Put them in one place aside in your home.  every time MTA calls or send an email just grab and go

Thank you for all the tips and advice. I’m on my way to work now wondering how to tell my boss that I’m quitting just not right this moment lmao. Anyways good problems to have. I’m excited can’t wait for Monday. I’ll keep you guys posted. When NYCT 9618 calls I’m transferring right over btw no hesitation.

6 hours ago, N3Gro said:

When NYCT 9618 calls I’m transferring right over btw no hesitation.

My apologies for briefly going off-topic, however, with the fact, according to this post, in which "they (are) not calling from that list anymore," and with the fact that, according to this website, the last NYC Transit (TA) Certification was this July, I just have one thing to say: "I'll believe it when I see it."

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

My apologies for briefly going off-topic, however, with the fact, according to this post, in which "they (are) not calling from that list anymore," and with the fact that, according to this website, the last NYC Transit (TA) Certification was this July, I just have one thing to say: "I'll believe it when I see it."

I have no idea what you’re referring to that list was just established this past October no one has been called from Exam 9618 as of yet. Maybe you misunderstood me somewhere. I’m also on that list which is civil service and for TA Bus Operator.

22 hours ago, N3Gro said:

... That list was just established this past October no one has been called from Exam 9618 as of yet.

Exactly. If anything, if you look at this website and you type either "9618" or your last name into the search box, the list was actually established this past September.

Just now, +Young+ said:

Exactly. If anything, if you look at this website and you type either "9618" or your last name into the search box, the list was actually established this past September.

Young but the link you referred to when trying to correct me was exam 9604 and I’m referring to newly established list for exam 9618 those are clearly two different exams. 

2 minutes ago, N3Gro said:

Young but the link you referred to when trying to correct me was exam 9604 and I’m referring to newly established list for exam 9618 those are clearly two different exams. 

I agree, and, as we know, both of these exams fall under the heading of "Civil Service." Therefore, if they're not calling from 9604, how can they call from 9618, especially since they're for the same title?