MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I agree, and, as we know, both of these exams fall under the heading of "Civil Service." Therefore, if they're not calling from 9604, how can they call from 9618, especially since they're for the same title?

I definitely understand what you’re saying but the MTA has already stated having a shortage of bus operators it is very much possible that they hire of multiple lists at a time like Corrections and NYPD do. I only say this because I received an email for exam 9618 stating that they will begin calling from that exam # in November. Don’t shoot the messenger lol.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently started training at one of the depots . Training has been going pretty well . For those of you who are waiting to hear back regarding the drug test , they say up to 90 days but they most likely will reach out way sooner. They contacted me within 2 weeks after I was drug tested. My instructor today said they’re hiring many people so continue to check your emails. As far as those who have cdl permits only , after the 7 day training they prepare you for the cdl road test. I am kinda concerned about that part because they mention you only get two tries. If you fail both times then you’re disqualified. Did anyone complete the 2 week training for the cdl road test and received the license ? If so please give any feedback or pointers ! Thanks!

59 minutes ago, kd1234 said:

I recently started training at one of the depots . Training has been going pretty well . For those of you who are waiting to hear back regarding the drug test , they say up to 90 days but they most likely will reach out way sooner. They contacted me within 2 weeks after I was drug tested. My instructor today said they’re hiring many people so continue to check your emails. As far as those who have cdl permits only , after the 7 day training they prepare you for the cdl road test. I am kinda concerned about that part because they mention you only get two tries. If you fail both times then you’re disqualified. Did anyone complete the 2 week training for the cdl road test and received the license ? If so please give any feedback or pointers ! Thanks!

Thank you for all the info. Just listen to your instructions I’m sure you will be absolutely fine. Best of luck.

1 hour ago, kd1234 said:

By time you qualify, you won’t have to worry. DMV knows the extent of training. Plus, you will have a couple days after the 10 day just to prep for the road test. 

1 hour ago, kd1234 said:

@kd1234I got to the pre-employment package that was sent in the email. Never heard back from them is been 4 months now. Lost hope by now. My list # is  38xx. I wonder if I should try reaching out to them...????

2 hours ago, kd1234 said:

Hi, do you happen to know when is the next Bus Operator class scheduled for ?

good luck in training 👍

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

@kd1234I got to the pre-employment package that was sent in the email. Never heard back from them is been 4 months now. Lost hope by now. My list # is  38xx. I wonder if I should try reaching out to them...????

Lost hope? You’ll get the email inviting you down any day now I’m exam 0100 list # 2XXX. I went yesterday for my drug test.

13 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi, do you happen to know when is the next Bus Operator class scheduled for ?

good luck in training 👍

Hello , no I’m sorry I’m not sure exactly when is the next class . But I think they’re every 6 weeks. A friend of mine got called back also and she was in the class 6 weeks before my class . So I’m guessing it’ll be 6 weeks after the class I started which was 10/24. Not 100 percent sure though .

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Yea I would definitely try reaching out if I were you. I mean it doesn’t hurt to try at this point. These classes are pretty full so reach out ASAP to get an update. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, N3Gro said:

Lost hope? You’ll get the email inviting you down any day now I’m exam 0100 list # 2XXX. I went yesterday for my drug test.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, N3Gro said:

Hey any news on this exam # ? I did my drug test 10/27 and have no heard back yet. MTA sure has a unique way of hiring. You’ve got people on a test taken a year after this one already hired… I’m losing my patience I wanna get that call already lol.

My sister say you should go into them.  Or you can email them, they usually respond back.  Did u hear from them by now?

45 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

My sister say you should go into them.  Or you can email them, they usually respond back.  Did u hear from them by now?

I haven’t heard anything at all. I’m more than willing to go down to Livingston in person. But they say wait to hear back anywhere from 3-90 days. My drug test was 10/27 I’m getting a bit impatient but the saying is good things come to those who are patient.

38 minutes ago, N3Gro said:

I haven’t heard anything at all. I’m more than willing to go down to Livingston in person. But they say wait to hear back anywhere from 3-90 days. My drug test was 10/27 I’m getting a bit impatient but the saying is good things come to those who are patient.

Next class is 12/05 and you will definitely have to do drug test again.  It’s good for 30 days.  So that means if they don’t call you for this upcoming class, yes you’ll have to do that again.  I had my 1st drug test done 10/29 and had to get another done 11/15 because they think I will be in the 12/05 class.  Now I will have to do a 3rd one too because I got held back because of my Covid vaccine 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:54 PM, kd1234 said:

How did you do ?

9 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Next class is 12/05 and you will definitely have to do drug test again.  It’s good for 30 days.  So that means if they don’t call you for this upcoming class, yes you’ll have to do that again.  I had my 1st drug test done 10/29 and had to get another done 11/15 because they think I will be in the 12/05 class.  Now I will have to do a 3rd one too because I got held back because of my Covid vaccine 

The drug test is good for 90 days. That’s why they say they will call in 3-90 days. After that you have to redo it and wait. I had to redo  mine because it was past 90 days. 

• Harry unfeatured and featured this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

So I got an email today from Car Equipment Employment Operations which isn’t an exam I applied for with a letter stating I wasn’t not selected. The letter has my name and address with social as the letter head but then says Dear, Melissa XXXXX which is clearly another candidates name. So now I’m not sure if the letter is for me which I doubt it for this Melissa girl and the car operations exam she may have taken. Any thoughts on what to do? Has this happened to anyone else? The email is a mess smh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:13 PM, N3Gro said:

So I got an email today from Car Equipment Employment Operations which isn’t an exam I applied for with a letter stating I wasn’t not selected. The letter has my name and address with social as the letter head but then says Dear, Melissa XXXXX which is clearly another candidates name. So now I’m not sure if the letter is for me which I doubt it for this Melissa girl and the car operations exam she may have taken. Any thoughts on what to do? Has this happened to anyone else? The email is a mess smh.

That sounds crazy. How did they get your social mixed up with another person’s name and address?