R160A(2)'s might be heading to Jamaica

R32 3838

I was thinking and I came up on what is going to replace the R42's when they deadhead back to pitkin when they go to the (C), The R160A2 cars (base order) might replace the R42's and go directly to the (F) and the extra R32's (70 cars) would go to the (E). The Option order R160A would also go to jamaica to knock out the Phase I's on the (E) and ®lines (290 cars) and Then The (E) would get R160's The Last phase I R32 in service would be between Febuary and June of 2010. The 1st R160A on the (E) would be in service between the summer or winter of 2009.

. The Option order I R160B cars will all go to the (N),(Q),(W) and 3 sets for the(;) if possible and all R160B (I)'s will be on these lines by the summer of 2009.

so This what I think is going to happen:

Jamaica : R160A's,R46

ENY: R42,R143,R160A1's

Coney Island: R68,R68A,All R160B's

Pitkin: R40M,R42,R44

and if possible Option order II R160B would also go to Jamaica to knock out the 300 R46's out of jamaica and deadhead to pitkn and the R40M and R42's are bye-bye

2009-2010 (I)/(II)= Option order B,A1 0r A2 = base order

Jamaica: R160A2 and I,R160B II

ENY: R143,R160A1/A1 II

Coney Island stays the same

Pitkin:R44,R46

Only One Problem with what your saying, the R160A-2 are in CI Yard.

That's only the base order cars, 8653-8712. The Option I cars, 9233-9592, are almost certainly going to Jamaica Yard because there's nowhere else for them to go seeing as the (A) can't use them due to power problems, and Concourse wants to keep its R68s.

That's only the base order cars, 8653-8712. The Option I cars, 9233-9592, are almost certainly going to Jamaica Yard because there's nowhere else for them to go seeing as the (A) can't use them due to power problems, and Concourse wants to keep its R68s.

Does Concourse really want to keep their R68's or were they simply not offered the R160s for the (D)?

I was thinking and I came up on what is going to replace the R42's when they deadhead back to pitkin when they go to the (C), The R160A2 cars (base order) might replace the R42's and go directly to the (F) and the extra R32's (70 cars) would go to the (E). The Option order R160A would also go to jamaica to knock out the Phase I's on the (E) and ®lines (290 cars) and Then The (E) would get R160's The Last phase I R32 in service would be between Febuary and June of 2010. The 1st R160A on the (E) would be in service between the summer or winter of 2009.

. The Option order I R160B cars will all go to the (N),(Q),(W) and 3 sets for the(;) if possible and all R160B (I)'s will be on these lines by the summer of 2009.

and if possible Option order II R160B would also go to Jamaica to knock out the 300 R46's out of jamaica and deadhead to pitkn and the R40M and R42's are bye-bye

nuh uh...

base order alstoms to CIY. JY will get alstom op order 1. pitkin wont get 160s dat quick bcz rockaway power issue nd also, u hav all da remaining SMEEs on it... they will use it for their death line. so its logical for them not moving the 160s dat fast.

doesn't ENY hav enuff cars? OPTION 2 as 4 car sets?

there will be abt 5-8 sets on da (F), based out of ave x... sum ppl say they might go straight to JY. dat will remove da phase 1s there.

wen da op 1 comes, da rest of the phase 1s get drowned nd they will start sending da 42s 2 pitkin.

pitkin will not get 46s dat quickly, but it is a possiblity. the 40m nd 42s will stick around for another yr or two.

(B) is still hippo-ed. i doubt it will get 160s.

as for da life of da phase 1s... according 2 a prev post... they gotta retire b4 dec 08 (a bit too quick), nd da first 160 on da (E)? id say spring-summer 09.

At this very moment, there is one R160 Set @ Jamaica Yard, I was in my mom's van going down the van wyck passing the kew gardens area and we passed by the yard. It was signed for the F. I believe this is the start of crew classes/training

At this very moment, there is one R160 Set @ Jamaica Yard, I was in my mom's van going down the van wyck passing the kew gardens area and we passed by the yard. It was signed for the F. I believe this is the start of crew classes/training
It was probably this one. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5785

nuh uh...

base order alstoms to CIY. JY will get alstom op order 1. pitkin wont get 160s dat quick bcz rockaway power issue nd also, u hav all da remaining SMEEs on it... they will use it for their death line. so its logical for them not moving the 160s dat fast.

doesn't ENY hav enuff cars? OPTION 2 as 4 car sets?

there will be abt 5-8 sets on da (F), based out of ave x... sum ppl say they might go straight to JY. dat will remove da phase 1s there.

wen da op 1 comes, da rest of the phase 1s get drowned nd they will start sending da 42s 2 pitkin.

pitkin will not get 46s dat quickly, but it is a possiblity. the 40m nd 42s will stick around for another yr or two.

(;) is still hippo-ed. i doubt it will get 160s.

as for da life of da phase 1s... according 2 a prev post... they gotta retire b4 dec 08 (a bit too quick), nd da first 160 on da (E)? id say spring-summer 09.

DSCF1550.jpg

Oh and Option II consists of 64 R160A-1s for ENY since 400 R42s will be retired and they only got 340.

I am sure the (F) will get more R160's soon. MTA has had work ongoing for the subway tunnels for a long time which looks like it will finally be completed for the (F) by October 27th. So anytime after is game for R160's being added to the line. It is now Oct 22nd, 2008. So we could see those cars next week at earliest.

When the R160 is spotted on the (F) in service, everyone will know. :-)

It does look like all the work being done with track work will definitely have to be finished before R160s go on the line.

I am sure the (F) will get more R160's soon. MTA has had work ongoing for the subway tunnels for a long time which looks like it will finally be completed for the (F) by October 27th. So anytime after is game for R160's being added to the line. It is now Oct 22nd, 2008. So we could see those cars next week at earliest.

When the R160 is spotted on the (F) in service, everyone will know. :-)

It does look like all the work being done with track work will definitely have to be finished before R160s go on the line.

If you're talking about the track work between Jackson Heights and Queens Plaza S/B, then that has nothing to do with R160s. That's just replacing the roadbed and it's been going on since at least April. (F) line crews started being trained for R160s in July. Also, I think they're working on a signal at 36th Street which is why some express trains don't whiz by 36th St. anymore.

If you're talking about the track work between Jackson Heights and Queens Plaza S/B, then that has nothing to do with R160s. That's just replacing the roadbed and it's been going on since at least April. (F) line crews started being trained for R160s in July. Also, I think they're working on a signal at 36th Street which is why some express trains don't whiz by 36th St. anymore.

Yeah I concur. I thought the work was related. Seems to actually be from Queensbridge station to 71st and Continental as for the work, but I doubt it does have anything to do with the R160.

Seems like all the work is just basic fundamental rudimentary stuff.

. The Option order I R160B cars will all go to the (N),(Q),(W) and 3 sets for the(:D if possible and all R160B (I)'s will be on these lines by the summer of 2009.

See My Message includes Everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
Really? !79th street? Oh my goodness! YAHOO, the R-160 is like official to the F! Eh, I'll miss the R-46's... I really like an good orange circle in front of the R-46's... :(...

It's not official, he said OOS (out of service) at 179. Most people who know what's happening with the equipment are saying not to expect R-160s on the (F) right away. They're still testing. And when they do start running there it may not be a solid fleet, so you might still see R-46s on that line.

Archived