Did that RTS owner’s Bk express bus service ever start?

Deucey

I don’t blame the dude for not starting his own service. It is not as simple as just creating your own route and running your service.  He most likely needed to get in contact with the city, he had to plan a route, stops, a schedule, a way to collect fare, and any maintenance charges for his bus. 
So it’s best to leave all the service up to the MTA. 

I posted about it in the Express Bus Advocacy Group thread. The service remains "pending". The guy is my group and still has desires to run the service. However he needs a permit, and he is asking for signatures to get permission to start the route, otherwise he would face being served a "cease and desist order" like the other private provider that was considering operating from Staten Island to Hudson Yards.

He also hasn't quite worked out the payment structure just yet.  Last we discussed, he was looking to use iPads or tablets in addition to taking cash, but as I told him, the payment structure needs to be quick. He's also looking to provide service off-peak.  I'm still waiting for him to provide me a list of the stops in Bay Ridge and Manhattan, so for now it remains a pipe dream. The plan however is for the service to be cheaper than $6.75. From the feedback I've received, many in Bay Ridge would consider the service. I also am not so sure he has enough buses to meet demand. That one old RTS bus is not going to cut it.

@Deucey @Gleasonbus7560 @Eric B @Nova Fly Guy @NewFlyer 230

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

While we're on the topic of private express bus service in Bay Ridge, there's apparently already one operating, at least during peak times. I believe the service costs $5.00 and is cash only. Runs along Shore Road (IIRC). The one being considered would primarily run via 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge, like the old Metro Apple express bus service.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

11 hours ago, Eric B said:

Also, whatever happened to the MTA's idea to revive the other Metro Apple Express routes?

lol Why would they? If they don't want to run the X27 and the X28, they definitely don't want to revive any other express bus lines in Brooklyn.  The whole we need to be on guard is on in Southern Brooklyn. We expect the (MTA) to try and pull a fast one, and we are ready and waiting.  We fought like hell to get the X27 and X28 back on weekends, and we are prepared to fight again. For the X28 it took almost six years, with them saying that people could just take the (D) train, even if they didn't have a subway nearby, esp. areas like Dyker Heights.  When they were threatened with a lawsuit on ADA accessibility grounds, then they changed their tune.