MTA to consider express bus service to Hudson Yards

Via Garibaldi 8

11 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You want to make it sound like Hudson Yards is an insignificant distance away from either of those parts of Manhattan... The SIM7/9/33 (the, via Greenwich Village routes) end over there at 14th/6th, with the outbound trips beginning around Union Square.... Having some of the Downtown only routes or the via Greenwich Village routes run in service to Hudson Yards would be a significant enough an extension to those routes - regardless if Quill is in the general vicinity.... No way it would not be no cost.... Whatever "little" cost that would be expended to have some of those routes run in service to Hudson Yards before pulling into Quill should (or could, as you put it) be better suited to be expended elsewhere within the bus system....

I never said that the distance was "insignificant" (your word, not mine). I merely pointed out that Hudson Yards was on the way to Quill (because it is). Some runs that end at Houston, 14th,or 23rd Street already pull in to Quill, so if the bus has already made its way to 10th or 12th Avenue and already passes 34th Street, would stopping there really add a measurable amount of time and distance?

Ditto for the afternoon: Some buses pull out from Quill to start service at 23rd, 14th, or Houston Street. If the bus already uses 11th Avenue and already passes 34th Street, would stopping there really add a measurable amount of time and distance?

16 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

I never said that the distance was "insignificant" (your word, not mine). I merely pointed out that Hudson Yards was on the way to Quill (because it is). Some runs that end at Houston, 14th,or 23rd Street already pull in to Quill, so if the bus has already made its way to 10th or 12th Avenue and already passes 34th Street, would stopping there really add a measurable amount of time and distance?

Ditto for the afternoon: Some buses pull out from Quill to start service at 23rd, 14th, or Houston Street. If the bus already uses 11th Avenue and already passes 34th Street, would stopping there really add a measurable amount of time and distance?

Really now, where do you see quotes around the word insignificant in my post? I'll wait.... I could sit & bitch about me not using the word measurable, but I'm for the discussion & not to sit here & play semantics to try to sidestep talking points....

Lol, merely pointing out... You were passively trying to justify having some trips serve Hudson Yards because some trips DH to/from Quill, with Hudson Yards being in that general vicinity... It's your whole talking point.

To answer the (same) question you've posed twice here, yes they would add a measurable time & distance - especially during the rush (when these buses start back in service)... Again, you want to try to minimize (since the word insignificant is such a problem for you) that, simply because some of these buses shoot up to/from Quill.... It's not justification for having the SIM7/9/33 or some of the Downtown only routes serve Hudson Yards.... We can't sit here & ignore that there is time that an in service bus eats up, compared to a DH-ing bus...

By the logic you're using, DH mileage should be converted to in service mileage wherever possible... You can be a proponent of that if you wish to... Well, you & @aemoreira81 anyway.....