Received Orientation Date - Offer rescinded? (Metro-North Railroad)

dewclaw

I completed the conditional offer of employment, finished the background and criminal background check then I spoke with the recruiter about 2 weeks later asking if I want the position and then received an email with an offer letter and a start date. In the email I was told that I would receive an email from the BSC with additional onboarding documents, I start in about a week and haven't received the email. Is it possible that my offer is being rescinded or am I just being paranoid? This is for metro north railroad by the way. 

• +Young+ changed the title to Received Orientation Date - Offer rescinded? (Metro-North Railroad)

On 8/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, dewclaw said:

I completed the conditional offer of employment, finished the background and criminal background check then I spoke with the recruiter about 2 weeks later asking if I want the position and then received an email with an offer letter and a start date. In the email I was told that I would receive an email from the BSC with additional onboarding documents, I start in about a week and haven't received the email. Is it possible that my offer is being rescinded or am I just being paranoid? This is for metro north railroad by the way. 

I would absolutely call my recruiter if that was the case, what position is this for? I’ve been told 3 different times by recruiter that they were anticipating a start date on let’s say August 12 then August 19 and now they are expecting a start date in the last week of September or beginning of October. So they might be having issues getting the classes approved as of yet. 

I have been told my medical cleared as well as my criminal background check, and that I’m just going to have to sit tight for the next class, so I feel your pain. I have received a start date email yet tho. 

7 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

I would absolutely call my recruiter if that was the case, what position is this for? I’ve been told 3 different times by recruiter that they were anticipating a start date on let’s say August 12 then August 19 and now they are expecting a start date in the last week of September or beginning of October. So they might be having issues getting the classes approved as of yet. 

I have been told my medical cleared as well as my criminal background check, and that I’m just going to have to sit tight for the next class, so I feel your pain. I have received a start date email yet tho. 

This is for Crew Dispatcher, there is no class for it, it's just OJT. I start this week and still havent received an email from the BSC. I reached out, got a call back from the BSC asking who my recruiter was and job title etc. They said they were going to reach out on Tuesday to see what's going on. If I don't hear anything back on Tuesday I'm absolutely going to still show up on my start date this week and just explain I didn't receive an email from the BSC and that I reached out about it with my reference number. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 7:37 PM, dewclaw said:

This is for Crew Dispatcher, there is no class for it, it's just OJT. I start this week and still havent received an email from the BSC. I reached out, got a call back from the BSC asking who my recruiter was and job title etc. They said they were going to reach out on Tuesday to see what's going on. If I don't hear anything back on Tuesday I'm absolutely going to still show up on my start date this week and just explain I didn't receive an email from the BSC and that I reached out about it with my reference number. 

Any luck? Did you start yet?