Rumor on the street

• 2 months later...

21 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Nassau County actually fired the MTA as its contract carrier and hired Transdev. The County is not likely to rehire MTA any time soon.

Why do I get this feeling that someone hasn’t been paying attention. (MTA) Long Island Bus has been dissolved since 2012 under the old magano administration. May I add the most corrupt administration out on Long Island. 

The (MTA) has no intention to reinvest on Long Island Bus. 

In the good words of Jay-Z. “Dig a hole, bury yourself”. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Why do I get this feeling that someone hasn’t been paying attention. (MTA) Long Island Bus has been dissolved since 2012 under the old magano administration. May I add the most corrupt administration out on Long Island. 

The (MTA) has no intention to reinvest on Long Island Bus. 

In the good words of Jay-Z. “Dig a hole, bury yourself”. 

I think it was Jack Martins who said he was going to bring the MTA back. From what I understood, it wasn't Manago's fault, but the work of Nassau Republicans. Dean Skelos used to secure funding for Nassau before he got arrested. Nassau Republicans like to give their family high positions, and they tend to have spoiled kids.

11 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

I think it was Jack Martins who said he was going to bring the MTA back. From what I understood, it wasn't Manago's fault, but the work of Nassau Republicans. Dean Skelos used to secure funding for Nassau before he got arrested. Nassau Republicans like to give their family high positions, and they tend to have spoiled kids.

Honestly, if Nassau didn’t get boiled with this right now (MTA) express buses would be going out on the Island. Just too bad you only get to see   those buses during LIRR bus substitutions. But it would be nice to see a (MTA) bus from Plainview to Midtown Manhattan via the LIE or Mineola- Roosevelt Field Mall or East Meadow via the Meadowbrook to the LIE.  

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

Honestly, if Nassau didn’t get boiled with this right now (MTA) express buses would be going out on the Island. Just too bad you only get to see   those buses during LIRR bus substitutions. But it would be nice to see a (MTA) bus from Plainview to Midtown Manhattan via the LIE or Mineola- Roosevelt Field Mall or East Meadow via the Meadowbrook to the LIE.  

Those (MTA) express buses would be going out on the n22, n24, n20, n72, n4, n15, and n6. All the complaints about runtime would go down  on those routes if people saw them. There's nothing wrong with the Orion VIIs, RTS, or even Orion Vs, they're just too "slow", and "dirty" for Nassau residents. 

Suburban riders treat their buses as premium service. LIRR is for people heading into the city for a party or a show.  Express busses to Mineola-Roosvelt Field would benefit reverse peak commuters who want to shop till they drop or hate the Main Line with a passion.

5 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

Those (MTA) express buses would be going out on the n22, n24, n20, n72, n4, n15, and n6. All the complaints about runtime would go down  on those routes if people saw them. There's nothing wrong with the Orion VIIs, RTS, or even Orion Vs, they're just too "slow", and "dirty" for Nassau residents. 

Suburban riders treat their buses as premium service. LIRR is for people heading into the city for a party or a show.  Express busses to Mineola-Roosvelt Field would benefit reverse peak commuters who want to shop till they drop or hate the Main Line with a passion.

Nassau didn’t care about investing on buses under TA. Now they bring an operator like transdev and honestly through my drive up on the Island there’s no real investment at all. After the semi mass order on the XN40’s and 4 XN60’s just completely nothing. You would think they would order more to accommodate the N20/21, N22, N24, N15, N16, N4, N6 but nothing has changed. 

42 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Nassau didn’t care about investing on buses under TA. Now they bring an operator like transdev and honestly through my drive up on the Island there’s no real investment at all. After the semi mass order on the XN40’s and 4 XN60’s just completely nothing. You would think they would order more to accommodate the N20/21, N22, N24, N15, N16, N4, N6 but nothing has changed. 

I think they want Articulated buses on the n4 during peak hours just like the n6.

As for the n20/n21, NICE might be forced to recombine the n20 since it gets 7000 riders and East Meadow/Hicksville people don't want to do the xfer at Middle Neck and Northern Blvd from the G/H. 

What I would hope to see is for the n20/21 to be reverted back to Flushing-Hicksville/Glen Cove, and become a full-time combo (like the n48/49, n54/55, etc), with the n21 serving Great Neck & Roslyn (operating seven days a week), and the n20 staying on Northern Boulevard to bypass Great Neck & Roslyn (to speed up service/runtime on an already too long Flushing to Hicksville routing).

tl;dr - Recombine the n20, extend the n21 back to Flushing, and have the n20 run as n20L all times (with the n21 running all times as well to cover the bypassed areas).

Edited by Axis

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

From what it feels like, we actually have less buses now overall than we had four years ago. Transdev pretty much retired more Orion V’s (the 1000’s, 1500’s, and 1600’s) than the number of Xcelsiors that have been brought in since. It’s no wonder a lot of routes that have been eliminated between then & now probably can’t even come back. There probably aren’t even enough buses to go around.

20 minutes ago, Axis said:

From what it feels like, we actually have less buses now overall than we had four years ago. Transdev pretty much retired more Orion V’s (the 1000’s, 1500’s, and 1600’s) than the number of Xcelsiors that have been brought in since. It’s no wonder a lot of routes that have been eliminated between then & now probably can’t even come back. There probably aren’t even enough buses to go around.

Transdev retired the Orion Vs because the tanks for the buses are pretty much expired and the county refuse to pay for the parts. They closed down RVC Depot in favor of those apartments under Mangano.

There's enough buses to go around, It's just that most of the routes eliminated weren't profitable or redundant. The Mercy Medical and Flexi are exemptions because they're for hospital workers. The n80 is for Amazon and people working out of Bethpage.

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

(MTA) will never send express buses to Long Island. 

First there is no money. Nassau is paying NICE NOW less than it was paying LIB during its last year of operation when the (MTA) was kicking and complaining. 

Second, there is no demand. LIRR dominates peak hour usage on the Island, and there isn't significant reverse peak ridership. Plus Mineola and Roosevelt Field are mostly transfer points within the NICE bus system more than they are destinations. 

10 hours ago, NY1635 said:

MCI on n6? thats like having an MCI on the Bx12. Thats crazy.

Suburban riders treat the LIRR as the ONLY way to get around the island. Its LIRR or car service. Buses are only for those who don't have any other options. In fact I would estimate that 60% of the riders on NICE bus and former LIB ridership comes from Queens. Its also why those Eastern low performing routes were the first to be cut, they simply aren't picking up middle class residents as they used to.

6 hours ago, Axis said:

What I would hope to see is for the n20/21 to be reverted back to Flushing-Hicksville/Glen Cove, and become a full-time combo (like the n48/49, n54/55, etc), with the n21 serving Great Neck & Roslyn (operating seven days a week), and the n20 staying on Northern Boulevard to bypass Great Neck & Roslyn (to speed up service/runtime on an already too long Flushing to Hicksville routing).

tl;dr - Recombine the n20, extend the n21 back to Flushing, and have the n20 run as n20L all times (with the n21 running all times as well to cover the bypassed areas).

There is no need for the n21 to operate 7/week to Glen Cove aleast along its current routing. If it was rerouted to operate via Glen Cove Rd (via the n27) I could see a argument.

I also would not combine the n20H/n20G again. I remember those days where the bus was routinely 45-60 min late. Two buses once left Hicksville once, and that was on an hourly headway. 

I do think that some n20L should come back during rush hours. There seems to be alot of thru-riding between Glen Cove Rd, Roslyn and Queens. 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:21 PM, Suydam Street said:

I've heard numerous accounts that NICE is supposed to be headed back to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is there anyone else who have heard the same 

Uh, no. Would be nice (no pun intended), but not happening. Imagine a C40LF going down Hempstead Tpke had the (MTA) stuck around

13 hours ago, Axis said:

Actuallly n20 bus need to be restore because n20H bus is loosing business. n24 bus as well. n21 can stay as Glen Cove-Great Neck weekday and restore weekend n27 bus service to/from RFM instead.

10 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Suburban riders treat the LIRR as the ONLY way to get around the island. Its LIRR or car service. Buses are only for those who don't have any other options. In fact I would estimate that 60% of the riders on NICE bus and former LIB ridership comes from Queens. Its also why those Eastern low performing routes were the first to be cut, they simply aren't picking up middle class residents as they used to.

I've been seeing less of car services ever since the n40/41 got 24 hours of service. Car Services now serve areas north of HTC during overnight. It doesn't help that a lot of those cabbies will drive fast or do everything in their power to avoid the motion sensing traffic signals to get their passenger to the destination.

A lot of Eastern routes got cut because jobs left the area and Briarcliff shut down. Some got saved because they served vital areas, like the n78/79 services Plainview Hospital. 

The Nassau Queens Routes have the highest ridership in NICE. The Inter-Nassau Routes with High Ridership are: the n88, n40/41, n15, n70/71/72, n25, n35, and n16.