Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
checkmatechamp13

Increased S66 Rush Hour & Evening Service and New Route from SUNY Farmingdale to Babylon

The n72 still runs Early Weekday Mornings, Late Evenings, and Weekends to Conklin at 110. The trips to Babylon got cut due to a mix of budget cuts by Nassau County under Manago and the route losing ridership down from 3,000 under the LIB to roughly 2100 under NICE before the cuts. 

On 8/30/2019 at 6:39 AM, NY1635 said:

The n72 still runs Early Weekday Mornings, Late Evenings, and Weekends to Conklin at 110. The trips to Babylon got cut due to a mix of budget cuts by Nassau County under Manago and the route losing ridership down from 3,000 under the LIB to roughly 2100 under NICE before the cuts. 

It was silly and petty for NICE to turn those trips at Conklin/110 instead of running them to SUNY Farmingdale as N70s.

Meanwhile, should SCT create a totally new route or extend/restructure an existing route? It might make sense to extend the S40 to Farmingdale so that the two busiest routes in the County can actually intersect. 

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

It was silly and petty for NICE to turn those trips at Conklin/110 instead of running them to SUNY Farmingdale as N70s.

Meanwhile, should SCT create a totally new route or extend/restructure an existing route? It might make sense to extend the S40 to Farmingdale so that the two busiest routes in the County can actually intersect. 

The n70 to SUNY Farmingdale is far more frequent and busy now during the day. 70/71/72 riders travel between HTC and 109 with the ridership dropping east of Newbridge Road.n70/72 riders are more interested in conecting to the S1 at 110 or traveling to 110 proper than going thru.

The n19 to Babylon also lost 800 riders east of Sunrise, which is why NICE ends it at the mall. NICE did a survey of their riders before making cuts and found that a lot of East Nassau routes had anemic ridership.

I think SCT is more interested in Farmingdale and Babylon because Farmingdale is trying to develop their downtown along with Patchogue 

5 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

It doesn't make sense to extend the S40, It's already a busy route, which I think from time to time gets delayed, Not to mention quite a few runs are inter lined with the S66. 

I'm very interested to see if they really do end up creating a new route for Babylon to Farmingdale. (If they extend a route I could see them extending the S25 or maybe the 2B. 

Edited by mac5689

7 hours ago, mac5689 said:

It doesn't make sense to extend the S40, It's already a busy route, which I think from time to time gets delayed, Not to mention quite a few runs are inter lined with the S66. 

I'm very interested to see if they really do end up creating a new route for Babylon to Farmingdale. (If they extend a route I could see them extending the S25 or maybe the 2B. 

I can honestly see the 2B getting extend to sell the idea that Wyandanch Rising is working, complete with increased service. Wyandanch, Patchogue, and Ronkonkoma are the only parts of Suffolk that I hear undergoing rezoning and development.

10 hours ago, NY1635 said:

I can honestly see the 2B getting extend to sell the idea that Wyandanch Rising is working, complete with increased service. Wyandanch, Patchogue, and Ronkonkoma are the only parts of Suffolk that I hear undergoing rezoning and development.

It's more Wyandanch and Ronkonkoma as the County is helping with those Projects.  Patchogue is just the villages own Planning or Zoning board doing the rezoning to get new businesses in and there is no big master plan like with Wyandanch and Ronkonkoma. Or at least no big master plan that I have heard about. 

Edited by mac5689

25 minutes ago, mac5689 said:

It's more Wyandanch and Ronkonkoma as the County is helping with those Projects.  Patchogue is just the villages own Planning or Zoning board doing the rezoning to get new businesses in and there is no big master plan like with Wyandanch and Ronkonkoma. Or at least no big master plan that I have heard about. 

That explains why I have been hearing so much about Patchogue turning itself around, and why things went so smoothly over there. Hempstead is doing the same thing and using its own planning, scrapping the Master Plan for downtown entirely. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, mac5689 said:

Then how do you explain the New Village at Patchogue?

On 9/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, B35 via Church said:

Then how do you explain the New Village at Patchogue?

Again it was approved by the village, and no help or deal with the County.  As far as I know there is like I said no grand master plan, they are just revitalizing the area as they go.