Machines Killing MetroCards

BrooklynBus

This is the first time I heard of the SBS machines messing up cards by demagzing (yea I know I spelled it wrong) them.

I know those SBS machines sometimes eat Metrocards and don't spit them back out.. I personally seen that happen to a woman at the Pelham Parkway stop on the BX12 SBS.

8 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

This is the first time I heard of the SBS machines messing up cards by demagzing (yea I know I spelled it wrong) them.

I know those SBS machines sometimes eat Metrocards and don't spit them back out.. I personally seen that happen to a woman at the Pelham Parkway stop on the BX12 SBS.

If you goto the B46 SBS stop at Kings Plaza you metrocard will be demagnetized there also. I made it a habit of avoiding the SBS ever since I found out about those machines screwing up cards. 

1 hour ago, Jdog14 said:

If you goto the B46 SBS stop at Kings Plaza you metrocard will be demagnetized there also. I made it a habit of avoiding the SBS ever since I found out about those machines screwing up cards. 

I hold my breath whenever I put my card into those SBS machines. OMNY can't come soon enough.

I try to avoid SBS routes for this reason as well but many times their the most convenient option... also its the only way to ride the newest Nova artics and newest Cuomo wrapped XD60s.

10 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

And the machines on the Bx12 perform relatively better because the majority of the machines along the line are in the bus stop shelters and aren't as exposed to rainwater as the ones on the other routes.

19 hours ago, paulrivera said:

And the machines on the Bx12 perform relatively better because the majority of the machines along the line are in the bus stop shelters and aren't as exposed to rainwater as the ones on the other routes.

Those machines were all replaced after three years because being the first SBS route, the MTA forgot to weather protect them. How many taxpayer dollars were wasted? The machines have a ten year lifespan. 

I've never encountered an SBS machine that ate my card or demagnetized it but I have dealt with machines with substandard receipt paper or something and either spit out a half receipt or the full receipt tears when you try to take it and it's basically unusable. Happened to me on the M34...

Like @trainfan22 said OMNY can't come soon enough.

Edited by Around the Horn

On 9/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, N6 Limited said:

I've had a SBS machines at a Q52/53 stop say that my Weekly Atlantic Ticket was invalid, don't know why, it was certainly valid. Meanwhile I swiped right on to the (J) train with no problem.

Meanwhile, I Unlimited MetroCard also said invalid on the B46 SBS and I only had it for three days. The card was revealed to be totally damaged.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:54 PM, Jdog14 said:

It’s been nearly half a month since you posted this comment and it won’t be at Kings Plaza that you see this happening. Almost every B46 SBS machine has demagnetized those cards, mine also. They really need to update the machines, and they don’t have to wait for OMNY.