Queens Existing Conditions Report Released

Mpn4179

2 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Who's idea, yours or the MTA's? If it's the former, well in part, yes.... If it's the latter, absolutely not....

It's the former.

3 minutes ago, jaf0519 said:

Also everyone, thanks for the screenshots, but it looks like the lighting + the way the pamphlets were printed is just not gonna work for my colorblind self :(

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

Also everyone, thanks for the screenshots, but it looks like the lighting + the way the pamphlets were printed is just not gonna work for my colorblind self :(

No worries.

A lot of routes are illustrated with the same color anyway (quite sure that was by "design", as to not give the whole thing away)....

Anything in particular you're looking for? May as well use this 20/10 vision for something.... Or are you just going to wait the couple hours (taking the MTA at its word... which amounts to much of nothing... lol)?

Edited by B35 via Church

15 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

No worries.

A lot of routes are illustrated with the same color anyway (quite sure that was by "design", as to not give the whole thing away)....

Anything in particular you're looking for? May as well use this 20/10 vision for something.... Or are you just going to wait the couple hours (taking the MTA at its word... which amounts to much of nothing... lol)?

Might as well wait.

Though wait, so in the map the Q27 is not going even down to Jamaica? Because I can hardly make that out.

And what on earth could possibly be using Winchester?

15 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

Might as well wait.

Though wait, so in the map the Q27 is not going even down to Jamaica? Because I can hardly make that out.

And what on earth could possibly be using Winchester?

Q27 looks to end dead at QCC. 

The bus on Winchester looks to be a new route from Jamaica to North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.

The routes on the map are colored purple, green, orange and blue, with no seeming reason for it. The purple is only on routes on the eastern half of the borough, plus the Q35. Orange is in Jackson Heights and along other roads like Kissena, Lefferts, and Northern Blvds. Green is almost everywhere, and blue seems to be on Select Bus routes, plus the new Linden Blvd route, the Q8, and a few Brooklyn routes. Also the M60 is yellow for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, jaf0519 said:

Q27 looks to end dead at QCC. 

The bus on Winchester looks to be a new route from Jamaica to North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset.

The routes on the map are colored purple, green, orange and blue, with no seeming reason for it. The purple is only on routes on the eastern half of the borough, plus the Q35. Orange is in Jackson Heights and along other roads like Kissena, Lefferts, and Northern Blvds. Green is almost everywhere, and blue seems to be on Select Bus routes, plus the new Linden Blvd route, the Q8, and a few Brooklyn routes. Also the M60 is yellow for whatever reason.

The M60 is yellow on the Manhattan portion, I guess that's so that we know that portion isnt changing because the Queens portion becomes blue.

7 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

That yellow is so light that there's no way we know for sure what's going on with the M60.

But why did they draw some routes in one color and some in another? The green, orange, and purple seem to have no rhyme or reason for what routes they are given to. They did mention that people wanted easier to understand maps, like frequency and light night bus maps in the Existing Conditions Report. Maybe this has something to do with that? I don’t know what though.

7 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I mean, the map doesn't have a key and looks like something a child would draw.

We only have the bare minimum of information to go on.

Not really.. A lot of things can and have been made out by me and others in the thread, but we will see today....

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I feel like they're going to get rid of route variants to make it more understandable, like the Q10 and the Q11. 

And wasn't there a plan or something to extend the Q70 into Penn Station or am I thinking of something else?

Q70 to Penn Station: DEAD ON ARRIVAL. This would totally defeat the purpose of the 12-15 minute ride from Woodside to LGA. 

One thing i would imagine that plenty of people will be surprised by is if the MTA actually changed more routes than those that were shown on the map. In the Existing Conditions Report, the MTA said they would be looking at all Queens routes, the M60 SBS, as well as 13 Brooklyn routes that enter Queens. Unless that was a typo, what routes are missing?

From west to east:

B32, B62, B24, B57, B38, B13, B26, B52, and B54, B20, B15, and BM5

What is the last route?

Also only the B32, B62, B24, B57, and B15 seem to have been shown (or no longer shown) on the map we have seen.

7 minutes ago, jaf0519 said:

One thing i would imagine that plenty of people will be surprised by is if the MTA actually changed more routes than those that were shown on the map. In the Existing Conditions Report, the MTA said they would be looking at all Queens routes, the M60 SBS, as well as 13 Brooklyn routes that enter Queens. Unless that was a typo, what routes are missing?

From west to east:

B32, B62, B24, B57, B38, B13, B26, B52, and B54, B20, B15, and BM5

What is the last route?

Also only the B32, B62, B24, B57, and B15 seem to have been shown (or no longer shown) on the map we have seen.

All the JFK airport routes such as the Q10 and B15, to my understanding, are being truncated to Federal Circle because of the construction that will start happening soon with the terminals.

We have no clue what's going on with the M60SBS to be honest, it dissapeares along Astoria Blvd.

The BM5 is an express bus.

Umm....yikes.

Q85 via Guy R Brewer....whatever, but no more Green Acres? I just can’t see why they’d eliminate such an important destination, it’s nonsensical (if true). That’s not going to go over well, at all.

Q44 truncated to Briarwood? Lol What?

From what I’ve seen so far, this redesign looks like it would’ve made every single one of my commutes more difficult. Nothing’s finalized of course, but this isn't looking great.

I like the Linden Blvd route though, it’s long overdue.

29 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Two geeks enter... one geek leaves.

Two geeks enter... One geek leaves

Thing that pisses me off about this sub forum is that how pretentious some people are on here. They feel like they know what’s best for everyone here because they fan ride buses. You don’t know how many times up times someone on here proposes something everyone hypes it up and when the MTA does something akin to that in real life everyone loses their shit. 

they don’t care about what’s being done, only who is delivering it.