Mpn4179

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

What does QT stand for? Queens Transit?

QT- Local

QMT- Express

I took a look at the JimRockaway twitter account and the best I can remember was

Q10=QT14 (Lefferts Blvd) QT47(130th Street Branch of the Q10)

Q11=QT83(Woodhaven and Cross Bay Blvd) and QT88 (Old Hamilton Beach Branch of the Q11) 

Q112 is now QT67. 

The draft will be released Dec.30 cause next week is Christmas.

3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

I think it’s to help with people finding their buses instead of just keeping the Q prefix. 

seems like they’re merging routes into one to create more direct routes. 

But wth is QT though? At least QU or QN would make more sense.

Don't even get me started on the express routes. Its already a handful to display SIM33C on prevosts and we supposed to expect the QMT133 would fit perfectly on a 2004-07 D4500CL?

3 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Don't even get me started on the express routes. Its already a handful to display SIM33C on prevosts and we supposed to expect the QMT133 would fit perfectly on a 2004-07 D4500CL?

On JimRockaway’s twitter, it looks like he said that the T stands for temporary as to differentiate the proposals from existing routes when they post the trip planner online

3 hours ago, jaf0519 said:

On JimRockaway’s twitter, it looks like he said that the T stands for temporary as to differentiate the proposals from existing routes when they post the trip planner online

Oh, that makes more sense. Now that I think about it, the Queens Draft would also reveal a good chunk of Nassau Routes and some Brooklyn Routes in it's draft. 

13 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

Oh, that makes more sense. Now that I think about it, the Queens Draft would also reveal a good chunk of Nassau Routes and some Brooklyn Routes in it's draft. 

Nassau? Brooklyn? What the hell are you talking about?

3 hours ago, NY1635 said:

I don’t think they’ll be touching Brooklyn until it’s time for our draft to come out. But it makes me wonder what they’ll do for ours? We already have a grid like bus system. 

10 hours ago, 7-express said:

QT and QMT?  Talk about adding pointless letters to a alphanumeric system that kind of made sense already.

Some interesting changes in NE Queens.  New N-S routes on 154th Street and Utopia Parkway.  Q15 service cut from Powells Cove.  Looks like they're going to revamp the Q34 and bring it down Willets Point to Fort Totten and Powells Cove.  They're cutting service to the Mitchell/Linden condos.  Q76 will replace the Q20A and what looks like part of the Q25 by looping back to Flushing.  The Q65/25 have some weird merge now in College Point.  14 Ave service from the Q65 was cut and replaced by some sort of crosstown bus that could be an extended Q20B.

This will be a lot to digest when it comes out.

Definitely looks like some interesting changes in Queens from the screenshots.  I'm all in favor of getting some local buses that will get me to Flushing faster because the Q15/Q16 are just too long.

I'm hoping the strategy for express buses are not to chop away major parts of existing routes and then claim that end to end run times are improved.  Any idea what's up with that QMT133 expressway routing?  The way the map is drawn it looks like they're putting that bus back on the Van Wyck.

I'm assuming the QMT133 is the QM32 and they're taking service away from LeHavre and Cryder Point which should be interesting.  If they're cutting back service for Mitchell Gardens I wonder if they'll make the QM20 less cumbersome to get around there.  Any time I've ridden the QM20 for peak service, I haven't noticed much ridership to justify all of the stops that they get, but admittedly I also get on the 7am bus out of Bay Terrace and am on the 3:30 or 4pm bus back to Bayside so I don't really experience peak loads.

Edited by ViaWaterViaChurch

19 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I don’t think they’ll be touching Brooklyn until it’s time for our draft to come out. But it makes me wonder what they’ll do for ours? We already have a grid like bus system. 

It’s still not perfect. We have gaps in service at Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 13th/14th Avenues, Clarkson Avenue, Empire Blvd, Ocean Avenue, and other places. These places should’ve had bus service a long time ago.

4 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

It’s still not perfect. We have gaps in service at Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 13th/14th Avenues, Clarkson Avenue, Empire Blvd, Ocean Avenue, and other places. These places should’ve had bus service a long time ago.

I think south west Brooklyn would see a drastic change. 

17 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Considering that we have a BxM18 program on them, one more letter or number wouldn't stop it from fitting. They could resize it.

36 minutes ago, 7-express said:

Also, based on that rough map, why does it seem like there might be quite a few screw zones that will require two buses to get to the nearest subway?  Might increase the case to bring in a 2nd free transfer.

There was a Bronx Bus Redesign web open house last Thursday the 12th where Bronx riders expressed concern over commutes that would require more than 1 transfer to which Byford replied they would look into those routes and accommodate riders accordingly because technology could be loaded onto MetroCard to account for the extra transfer or bus drivers would issue paper transfers.  He basically went as far as to promise no one would have to pay two fares to get to work with this new redesign.  

1 hour ago, 7-express said:

Also, based on that rough map, why does it seem like there might be quite a few screw zones that will require two buses to get to the nearest subway?  Might increase the case to bring in a 2nd free transfer.

I don't see any bus routes that don't have a subway connection in that map. Which areas are you referring to specifically?

From what I can (somewhat) discern from said map screenshot...

- A Northern Blvd route running clear along Northern from Northern blvd (M)(R) to Marathon Pkwy... Turns on Marathon Pkwy to HHE.... Takes HHE to LNP, to end where the Q30 does in Little Neck...

- A Springfield Blvd route running from Ft. Totten to (what looks like) Farmers/Rockaway blvd... Basically a combination of [the Q13 along Bell] and [the Q27 between Bell & 120th], with a southward extension to that general area around JFK Depot...

- A Francis Lewis Blvd. route that's basically a combination of the Q84 in Springfield Gardens, the Q77 along Francis Lewis, and the Q76 along Francis Lewis... Can't really tell what it does after reaching Willets Pt. (blvd)...

- A 188th st/Utopia Pkwy route running from Cambria Hgts. to the LeHavre apts... Basically [the Q83 between 227th & Liberty/Farmers], [the Q3 to Hillside], [the Q17 from Hillside to Utopia Pkwy], then runs clear up Utopia Pkwy. to the Cross Island, where it does the QM2 routing to Powell's Cove, where this suggested route ends....

- No direct service to any of the terminals inside JFK... Buses terminate at Federal Circle.

- Q9 extension to 150th av (over the current Q10 130th st branch)

- Q25 diversion north of Northern Blvd. that runs up to Poppenhusen (Shore Front Park) via College Point Blvd

- Q43 extension to LIJ

- Q44 truncation to Briarwood (E)(F) that takes the Whitestone Expwy. service rd (instead of Parsons) to get to/from the Bronx....

- A Linden Blvd. route that runs from 235th to Rockaway Blvd

- Something branching off along Hillside av to go Winchester <> Douglaston Pkwy > HHE > Community Dr., to North Shore Hospital

- Something resembling a combination of the old Q74 (with an extension) & today's Q25 (with modifications)... Looks like it begins at Union Tpke (E)(F), then does the old Q74 to HHE, continues up along Main, to then go (what looks like) Northern > Linden (pl) > Ulmer > 130th, to 20th av... It clearly runs past the shopping center along 20th, but I can't really tell what it's doing over there around Clintonville...

- Can't tell where in Jamaica it terminates, but what looks to be a Sutphin Blvd route that does the Q7 south of Rockaway Blvd (as in, looping around JFK Cargo Plaza), to go on to ending at Federal Circle...

- Q83 diversion to JFK (Federal Circle) via Liberty, via Farmers

- Q84 truncation to Springfield blvd

- A westward Q112 extension to (what looks like) Crescent (J) via Liberty & via Crescent

- Something branching off along Guy R. Brewer to run along Baisley, to then do the current Q85 b/w Baisley & (what looks like) LIRR Rosedale, where this thing terminates...

Edited by B35 via Church

28 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

From what I can (somewhat) discern from said map screenshot...

- A Northern Blvd route running clear along Northern from Northern blvd (M)(R) to Marathon Pkwy... Turns on Marathon Pkwy to HHE.... Takes HHE to LNP, to end where the Q30 does in Little Neck...

- A Springfield Blvd route running from Ft. Totten to (what looks like) Farmers/Rockaway blvd... Basically a combination of [the Q13 along Bell] and [the Q27 between Bell & 120th], with a southward extension to that general area around JFK Depot...

- A Francis Lewis Blvd. route that's basically a combination of the Q84 in Springfield Gardens, the Q77 along Francis Lewis, and the Q76 along Francis Lewis... Can't really tell what it does after reaching Willets Pt. (blvd)...

- A 188th st/Utopia Pkwy route running from Cambria Hgts. to the LeHavre apts... Basically [the Q83 between 227th & Liberty/Farmers], [the Q3 to Hillside], [the Q17 from Hillside to Utopia Pkwy], then runs clear up Utopia Pkwy. to the Cross Island, where it does the QM2 routing to Powell's Cove, where this suggested route ends....

- No direct service to any of the terminals inside JFK... Buses terminate at Federal Circle.

- Q9 extension to 150th av (over the current Q10 130th st branch)

- Q25 diversion north of Northern Blvd. that runs up to Poppenhusen (Shore Front Park) via College Point Blvd

- Q43 extension to LIJ

- Q44 truncation to Briarwood (E)(F) that takes the Whitestone Expwy. service rd (instead of Parsons) to get to/from the Bronx....

- A Linden Blvd. route that runs from 235th to Rockaway Blvd

- Something branching off along Hillside av to go Winchester <> Douglaston Pkwy > HHE > Community Dr., to North Shore Hospital

- Something resembling a combination of the old Q74 (with an extension) & today's Q25 (with modifications)... Looks like it begins at Union Tpke (E)(F), then does the old Q74 to HHE, continues up along Main, to then go (what looks like) Northern > Linden (pl) > Ulmer > 130th, to 20th av... It clearly runs past the shopping center along 20th, but I can't really tell what it's doing over there around Clintonville...

- Can't tell where in Jamaica it terminates, but what looks to be a Sutphin Blvd route that does the Q7 south of Rockaway Blvd (as in, looping around JFK Cargo Plaza), to go on to ending at Federal Circle...

- Q83 diversion to JFK (Federal Circle) via Liberty, via Farmers

- Q84 truncation to Springfield blvd

- A westward Q112 extension to (what looks like) Crescent (J) via Liberty & via Crescent

- Something branching off along Guy R. Brewer to run along Baisley, to then do the current Q85 b/w Baisley & (what looks like) LIRR Rosedale, where this thing terminates...

So the Q44 wont run to Jamiaca? I wonder why

And what's with the JFK service reduce?

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So the Q44 wont run to Jamiaca? I wonder why

And what's with the JFK service reduce?

I'm trying to suppress my wrath hold my opinions off until the plans actually get released (as this map isn't 100% clear), but to be perfectly honest, I'm not surprised by either.... (What looks to be a) Q44 truncation is clearly an attempt to speed the thing up - but if they're going to end up going through with that, it's going to be at the detriment of a shit ton of riders... Jamaica bound Q44's are still crushloaded past Main/QB..... It would loom far more grave than stymieing B46 SBS' at DeKalb.... You aren't going to get people to want to get off at Briarwood to take the train (or Q60) to get to Jamaica.... Worse than that, it's looking like they're suggesting getting rid of the Q20 (A and B) to have that funky aforementioned Q74/Q25 combo as the Main st local instead, on top of it... In other words, Main st riders won't have a direct ride to Jamaica....

As for the cutbacks inside JFK, that's all about eradicating dead mileage (and quite frankly, trying to force more people into using the AIRTrain)....

I'm looking at the potential change in my area and that by itself is gonna receive significant backlash, I know it. From what I saw:

• Q29: Appears to turn onto Penelope Avenue and replace the Q38 between Dry Harbor Road & Queens Boulevard. Where it goes from there I'm not sure.
  • Q38: The Penelope Avenue segment is entirely eliminated, replaced partly with the Q29. The Eliot Ave segment appears to head on to Ridgewood.
  • Q47: Would go straight down 69th Street, replacing the Q67 south of Grand Avenue
  • 80th Street service north of Dry Harbor Road eliminated
  • Q18: Remains on 58th Street, and then IDK what it does when it gets to Grand
  • Q53: Appears to be truncated to Queens Center Mall
  • Q39/Q67: Appears to be merged into one route. Forest Avenue segment of Q39 and Borden Avenue/Industrial Maspeth segments on Q67 are retained.
  • Q104?: Appears to be rerouted to Jackson Heights, then replace the Q53 to Queens Center Mall.

Other things I noticed from the map:

• Q11 will now longer serve Hamilton Beach, and will join Woodhaven Boulevard at Rockaway Blvd, serving more of Centerville Street and Ozone Park
  • Q19 will now go down 108 Street and Roosevelt Avenue, but it looks like the Q48 will still exist in some form. 
  • Q66  (or some split of the Q66): Appears to go to Roosevelt Island
  • Q103: Eliminated
  • Some route is going across 59th Street to what may be Columbus Circle.
  • Q33 appears to head south towards Queens Center Mall from 82nd Street via the Q29. Service to 74th Street eliminated. 
  • Q32 is truncated to 74th Street.
  • There's a new north-south route in the 90s.

After hearing they went with a grid, that was all I need to know regarding how this service plan was gonna show up. This doesn't even take into consideration the express buses. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Just looking at a lot of these previews, I’m a bit scared at what they have up their sleeve. A lot of these ideas I would never have dreamt of and no one in their right mind who takes these routes on a regular basis would suggest. Bus routes would literally lose riders by the hundreds if they were rerouted elsewhere or truncating them.