F and V train plans

Charleston

Right after the Culver Viaduct project is completed in 2012, this is how the plans for F and V trains in Brooklyn would be.

All F trains would operate express between Jay St and Church Av stopping at 7th Av and all stops between Coney Island and Church Av during weekdays, late night and weekends, F trains would make all stops between Jay St and Coney Island.

V trains would make all stops between Jay St and Church Av weekdays only.

Any comments or if you have heard something like this, please post up your comments, I would very much like to hear on what you have to say on this.

Right after the Culver Viaduct project is completed in 2012, this is how the plans for F and V trains in Brooklyn would be.

All F trains would operate express between Jay St and Church Av stopping at 7th Av and all stops between Coney Island and Church Av during weekdays, late night and weekends, F trains would make all stops between Jay St and Coney Island.

V trains would make all stops between Jay St and Church Av weekdays only.

Any comments or if you have heard something like this, please post up your comments, I would very much like to hear on what you have to say on this.

Ummm... not trying to criticise you, but is this a question?

where you got this from?

Is the a Fact, (C) and (M) switches?

I think this is all a a lye rather the (G) goes to chuch..

man u guess love jks lol

No. My plan is definitely not a fact;). Pardon me for not stating that. Sorry everybody!;) This is just my plan post Culver Viaduct Reconstruction Project. Here I was displaying how the (F)&(G) would utilize Kings Highway as their Terminal/Thru Station. However I don't know for a fact if Charleston's 1st Post is true or not.

That makes no sense. Also, they blocked off the tracks leading from the Bergen Street lower level.

CORRECTION. The tracks to Bergen Street LL are not blocked. When there is a service change where the (F) Has to go express to/from Jay Street, The (F) uses the LL but dosent stop.

CORRECTION. The tracks to Bergen Street LL are not blocked. When there is a service change where the (F) Has to go express to/from Jay Street, The (F) uses the LL but dosent stop.

nope, there was a G.O recently where the F ran express from jay to church... it went on the local track (did not access lower level)

Chances are the (V) would be extended as well as a local.

The (V) should be extended, so the Park Slopers could get local service to Manhattan.

The Park Slopers should stop whining. The (F) line is not the best line in the system, but hey, it's better than having none! Some places in the city have no subway access at all.

The (V) should be extended, so the Park Slopers could get local service to Manhattan.

The Park Slopers should stop whining. The (F) line is not the best line in the system, but hey, it's better than having none! Some places in the city have no subway access at all.

Nothing will quiet liberal whine. They could have a one stop ride to Midtown, the cleanest cars, the nicest stations, and the best HVAC; yet they would still find something to whine about.

Right after the Culver Viaduct project is completed in 2012, this is how the plans for F and V trains in Brooklyn would be...

What I have to say is:

Is your drinking water spiked? Do you normally post opinions as fact...or did you simply not type your post right?

I understand the gripes of those who live in Park Slope. The chances of getting a seat on the (F) are zero and delays are common, especially when a train lays down between Jay and Smith-9 Sts and there's no way to run around.

I understand the gripes of those who live in Park Slope. The chances of getting a seat on the (F) are zero and delays are common, especially when a train lays down between Jay and Smith-9 Sts and there's no way to run around.

I live in the slope, and I have to say unless you live in a VERY specific part on the neighborhood, the (F) is not your only option. (®/(M) at 4th Avenue, (:)/(Q) on Flatbush, (2)/(3) at Bergen or Grand Army, and nearly every train that hits Brooklyn at Atlantic-Pacific Streets.) I think that, though I would like to see the (F) get more respect and maybe add some express service, Park Slope residence can easily stop crying about their problems with the subways, because people form Carroll Gardens and Kensington have ONLY the (F) to deal with without a long shlept to Brooklyn Heights/Flatbush (for Carroll Gardens and Kensington respectively). Not to mention, as previously mentioned, the parts of the city in Brooklyn and Queens without a subway for many miles.

nope, there was a G.O recently where the F ran express from jay to church... it went on the local track (did not access lower level)

Trains HARDLY EVER use the express tracks when they run express like that, usually they do EXP on the local. Even when they use the express tracks (again, hardly ever), They never stop at Bergen LL. If you look closely you will see a sign directed at Train operators telling them NOT to stop at Bergen LL.

I remember there used to be blocks across the express tracks with red lights at both ends of the Bergen Lower tracks. (One clearly visible at Carroll St.) Maybe that's why some thought they were blocked, but those are easily removable and have been during certain GOs.

Bergen lower is a disaster, there is no way trains could stop there now without serious work being done. There's debris and what looks like storage of various equipment all over the platforms. From what I've seen, trains only pass through there during weekend GOs planned in advance like: "Trains will skip Smith-9th, Carroll, and Bergen Sts."

Express service is a possibility since there is political support for it, but nothing is set in stone yet anyway. Isn't the Culver Viaduct project delayed anyway?

Also, what happened to Bergen LL that made it a disaster?

When the upper level was renovated in the early 90's apparently the lower level suffered some damage and all the tile was removed.

Not to mention Bergen interlocking hasn't been right since the fire...they've been doing work on it for a while now

(F) Service:

Trains can operate on its regular local route between Jay St-Boro Hall and Church Av, Then all local stops to Coney Island, at all times.

(G) Service:

Trains can operate between Court Sq and Church Av on the Weekdays, and between Either Forest Hills-71 Av or Court Sq and Church Av during late nights and weekends via Local.

(V) Service:

Trains can operate between Forest Hills-71 Av and Church Ave via Express between Jay St-Boro Hall and Church Av, Weekdays, and express between Church Av and Kings Highway during rush hours (To Manhattan AM, From Manhattan PM). Other Times use the (F)(G) as an alterante.

Everybody is already used to taking the (F) as the "Culver Local". theyre eventually gonna make the (G) make all stops between Bergen St and Church Av. so whats the point of the (V) train being local in brooklyn? make it go express in Brooklyn.

(F) Service:

Trains can operate on its regular local route between Jay St-Boro Hall and Church Av, Then all local stops to Coney Island, at all times.

(G) Service:

Trains can operate between Court Sq and Church Av on the Weekdays, and between Either Forest Hills-71 Av or Court Sq and Church Av during late nights and weekends via Local.

(V) Service:

Trains can operate between Forest Hills-71 Av and Church Ave via Express between Jay St-Boro Hall and Church Av, Weekdays, and express between Church Av and Kings Highway during rush hours (To Manhattan AM, From Manhattan PM). Other Times use the (F)(G) as an alterante.

Everybody is already used to taking the (F) as the "Culver Local". theyre eventually gonna make the (G) make all stops between Bergen St and Church Av. so whats the point of the (V) train being local in brooklyn? make it go express in Brooklyn.

What's the point of even extending the (V) into Brooklyn? It's kinda redundant as both are 6th Avenue locals.

Archived