F and V train plans

Charleston

On the northe end of the southbound platform at Church ave. a dispatchers office is being built right now along with crew facilities upstairs. This is for the G to go from court square to church ave in service full time sometime in 2009.

What's the point of even extending the (V) into Brooklyn? It's kinda redundant as both are 6th Avenue locals.
Don't pay that anymind.....the (F) is suppose to go express via Culver and (G) extended to Chruch Avenue and the (V) will still terminate @ Lower East Side-2nd Avenue. I don't where ppl are getting info from talking about (V) going up the Culver Line

I'll modify one of our fellow posters' idea:

Send the (V) to Euclid and the (C) to Church Ave. This will send the C into South Brooklyn, allowing for a one seat ride from there to the Upper West Side.

Except for one thing...

That would jack up service at W4 or Jay St. depending on where you had the trains switch.

Don't pay that anymind.....the (F) is suppose to go express via Culver and (G) extended to Chruch Avenue and the (V) will still terminate @ Lower East Side-2nd Avenue. I don't where ppl are getting info from talking about (V) going up the Culver Line

Well the people said that they want the (V) exetnded into brooklyn. So the when (F) begins running express on the Culver line the (V) will be extended to Kings Highways or to Coney Island.

I see; the plan makes sense actually. Now whether they do it, that remains to be seen. Would make the (F)(V) similar to the (A)(C) in the way that the local version is quite literally a shorter, slower version of the express.

But remember that this is public opinion wanting this; the (MTA) as far as I know has said nothing about it.

It's not a level crossing.

Look at the area track map carefully.

I know that, I've been there myself many times. But those two trains aren't the only ones running on those lines. A (V) to Euclid on the LL would have to hold for an (E) to WTC. Likewise a (C) to Church would have to wait for an (F). During rush hours this can be problematic because of the frequency of (E) and (F) service.

Maybe during off peak hours it woudl be OK but during the rush (which is where the demand for more service would be) it'd be a bit much.

I know that, I've been there myself many times. But those two trains aren't the only ones running on those lines. A (V) to Euclid on the LL would have to hold for an (E) to WTC. Likewise a (C) to Church would have to wait for an (F). During rush hours this can be problematic because of the frequency of (E) and (F) service.

Maybe during off peak hours it woudl be OK but during the rush (which is where the demand for more service would be) it'd be a bit much.

True...

Well, honestly, I really don't want the (V) to head into South Brooklyn with the (F), as it will be a duplication of the same line.

Let's sidetrack a bit (I don't want to start a new thread):

Should new crossovers be built on the IND 8th Avenue line north around 14th Street or West 4th Street?

Let's sidetrack a bit (I don't want to start a new thread):

Should new crossovers be built on the IND 8th Avenue line north around 14th Street or West 4th Street?

IMO 8th Avenue Line should get crossovers north of W4, 6th avenue line should get an additional crossover on the S/B tracks north of Broadway Lafayette. I'd also like to see the 8th Avenue Line get crossover switches (not the one way switches it currently has) south of 34/Penn, that way when something lays down up the line and trains need to go express (or local), the disruption is more minor.

IMO 8th Avenue Line should get crossovers north of W4, 6th avenue line should get an additional crossover on the S/B tracks north of Broadway Lafayette. I'd also like to see the 8th Avenue Line get crossover switches (not the one way switches it currently has) south of 34/Penn, that way when something lays down up the line and trains need to go express (or local), the disruption is more minor.

Yeah, they could build some switches around the West 4th Street area; since only the locals on one line could access the other line's locals.

IMHO, I would move B'way Lafayette a little to the west, getting rid of the crossover now. I would build crossovers to the east of the station.

Archived