East Bronx Local Lines to Remain Unchanged in Redesign; No BxM17

Via Garibaldi 8

On 11/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, dkupf said:

I agree.

The open-door policy began in the early 1980's due to local community pressure.  And when it was implemented, Boston Road ridership skyrocketed at a time when service was being cut to the bone.

Nowadays, Westchester does not care about Bronx riders; their service is now being cut.

Seems like it has come full circle.

I actually spoke to the head planner responsible for the 1984 Bronx redesign at the Wakefield meeting several months ago.

The reason Bee-Line is open door is because he requested it (a favor iirc). Because, again, there's no other service on upper Boston Rd.

Bee-Line likely would have continued as is had it not been for that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, dkupf said:

I agree.

The open-door policy began in the early 1980's due to local community pressure.  And when it was implemented, Boston Road ridership skyrocketed at a time when service was being cut to the bone.

Nowadays, Westchester does not care about Bronx riders; their service is now being cut.

Seems like it has come full circle.

Why would Westchester care about Bronx riders? They are in service to serve Westchester first and foremost, not NYC residents. The people subsidizing the service are primarily Westchester tax payers.