2020-2024 Capital Program

RR503

...is out in presentation form. 

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-09/20-24 Capital Plan Overview.pdf#page=4

The lines getting CBTC are Lex, 63, QB-West, Crosstown, Fulton, Astoria/60th St. I'm trying to find a source for start/end points right now.

My thoughts are essentially that this is a massive amount of money. You obviously cannot glean all that much from a PowerPoint, but if SAS 2's new price tag of 6.9 billion is any guide, it seems the brakes on cost sorta came off here. I'm gonna wait to form opinions on the individual projects until we actually know what they are.

10 minutes ago, RR503 said:

The lines getting CBTC are Lex, 63, QB-West, Crosstown, Fulton, Astoria/60th St. I'm trying to find a source for start/end points right now.

From the above courtesy of @Union Tpke (also @Lance can we merge these two threads?)

The Nos. 4, 5 and 6 lines between Grand Concourse-149th St. in the Bronx and Nevins St. in Brooklyn

The A and C lines between Jay St.-MetroTech and Euclid Ave. in Brooklyn

The N and W lines between Ditmars Blvd. in Queens and 57th St. in Manhattan

The end of the E and F lines at Jamaica Center through Key Gardens-Union Turnpike in Queens

The F line between 21st St.-Queensbrige in Queens through 57th St. in Manhattan

The end of the G line at Court Sq. in Queens through Hoyt-Schemerhorn in Brooklyn

I was in the middle of creating the thread when you created yours. The selection of the Astoria Line is interesting, and intriguing. I really, really, really am crossing my fingers for the reconfiguration of Ditmars terminal in this plan. If you have that done, CBTC, and enough equipment, you will have a deinterlined Broadway Line with significant capacity increases. 

Look for increases in (A)(C) through Cranberry as well.

Edited by Union Tpke

@RR503 I hadn't realized that M-N idiotically removed electrification from Track 1 of the Hudson Line. The project cost is $11.1 million. This project will restore electrification between CP 19 and 25, and CP 26 and 33. Do you know why they are looking at completing this project now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:18 PM, Union Tpke said:

@RR503 I hadn't realized that M-N idiotically removed electrification from Track 1 of the Hudson Line. The project cost is $11.1 million. This project will restore electrification between CP 19 and 25, and CP 26 and 33. Do you know why they are looking at completing this project now?

Next gen probably chargers Dual mode Locos will be primary electric in third rail territory instead of primary diesel as with the P32s.