Update on the Release of the Bronx Bus Network Redesign Final Plan

Mpn4179

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So once the final draft plan comes out tommorow, when do the actual changes come into effect?

They said mid-October. They didn't specify a particular date so it might not (and most likely won't be) tomorrow.

That being said it looks like it'll be the Spring Pick. They'll have their final workshops throughout the fall, probably set the public hearings for early Winter and then make final adjustments before final implementation. I don't think they will rush it like they did with the SI express redesign but I suppose it is possible they might try to implement it in January 2020.

51 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

They said mid-October. They didn't specify a particular date so it might not (and most likely won't be) tomorrow.

That being said it looks like it'll be the Spring Pick. They'll have their final workshops throughout the fall, probably set the public hearings for early Winter and then make final adjustments before final implementation. I don't think they will rush it like they did with the SI express redesign but I suppose it is possible they might try to implement it in January 2020.

Did they not say October 15th in the first message on the thread?

12 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Technically if they do it sometime this week it is still mid-October as they promised. The MTA never said October 15th

That is correct. However, if the planners are still fine tuning this re-design plan let them. I don't remember them mentioning October 15th.

I did find the quote via MTA website..

As such, we will release the Final Plan for the Bronx Bus Network in mid-October.

Source: MTA Bronx Redesign Plan

17 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Technically if they do it sometime this week it is still mid-October as they promised. The MTA never said October 15th

It was on the site when they updated it on September 23 in the blue chart. They removed the date a week or two later.

5 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Yes they did on the site.

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is correct. However, if the planners are still fine tuning this re-design plan let them. I don't remember them mentioning October 15th.

5 hours ago, Mpn4179 said:

It was on the site when they updated it on September 23 in the blue chart. They removed the date a week or two later.

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I knew I wasnt seeing things, they removed it a week later. At this point, we probably won't see the draft until November.

With the way MTA typically releases materials (usually Fridays and on rare occasion on weekends), we could potentially see it at the end of this week. Or maybe next week, since "mid-October" is a very general term, and can be described in different ways by different people (which in this case, works to their advantage). 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

9 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

This is New York, where anything can happen (or not happen).  I believe nothing until it actually happens. 

Not saying you're wrong question everything.. Just passing the information along. I guess tomorrow at this time we'll see if it's true or not. Stay tuned!

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, Lawrence St said:

I knew I wasnt seeing things, they removed it a week later. At this point, we probably won't see the draft until November.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:10 AM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

With the way MTA typically releases materials (usually Fridays and on rare occasion on weekends), we could potentially see it at the end of this week. Or maybe next week, since "mid-October" is a very general term, and can be described in different ways by different people (which in this case, works to their advantage). 

16 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

Word on the street is there going to release the updated Bronx plan tomorrow on the 16th. From two sources both inside and on the political side.

For all I care, they can push the final draft of this thing to December 32nd.....

1 hour ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

Is anyone else enjoying this brisk "Mid-October" day? Maybe the MTA is gonna release the plan on Halloween so that we can get a nice scare.p>

If it means them fixing the mess that they're proposing, we can wait a bit longer. Some people in my group, especially BxM4 riders are definitely waiting. There's enough of them in the group now to raise hell. One of them already circulated a petition upon hearing the original proposal, so the gears are already in motion. They know what we're against a lot of what is proposed and ready to petition. We're sitting and waiting...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

They are now 6 days late on their "original" release date. At this point it's late October now.

Yeah it's kind of crazy I literally got internal emails last week for planed rallies based on a MTA confirmed date of the 10/16 with elected officials. Also got a nod from someone at the MTA. I wonder if this has anything to do with the internal stuff with Byford thinking it might. Havnt heard anything since last week.

Edited by RailRunRob