NYC Nov: Transit Social?

paolo999

In London we have a monthly transit social. So can NYC match? Hah, challenge :) ... I'm mostly a loiterer here... but November brings me back to NYC - favourite city. I'm looking forward to seeing how OMNY is getting on. Travelling solo on this visit, so I can make a guilt free return to the transit museum. It's been 25 years since the last.

Anyone up for having an evening beer? Or a daytime wander around the museum?

If nothing else, I won't have the local knowledge to have an opinion on the <F> express... so you're safe for that ;)

I'll be in town from 13th - 18th November.

Shout here (or PM me).

Foreign concept in this city; London wins this "challenge" by default....

Although the lot of us on here are transit advocates, much of nobody in this city takes pride in public transit & the reasons are rather obvious....

Aside from that, enjoy your re-visit here whenever you touch down.

Transpocamp and transitcenter advocacy events are closest to a transit social event. They are public transit events not foamer events. There is a difference. I always find both enjoyable. NYTM events years ago used to be very "social" but i find them very kid orientanted or transit irrelavent since Cuomo took over and told NYTM to stop being political.

2 hours ago, bulk88 said:

Transpocamp and transitcenter advocacy events are closest to a transit social event. They are public transit events not foamer events. There is a difference. I always find both enjoyable. NYTM events years ago used to be very "social" but i find them very kid orientanted or transit irrelavent since Cuomo took over and told NYTM to stop being political.

Yes, this is important. If you go there and say such a thing as "My (R) ride was garbage thanks to that slow GT on 1 track coming into Rector," few will have the foggiest idea as to what you mean. That said, the discussions in those fora are extremely interesting and valuable to contextualize the things we discuss here.

Edited by RR503

On 10/6/2019 at 1:21 AM, RR503 said:

Yes, this is important. If you go there and say such a thing as "My (R) ride was garbage thanks to that slow GT on 1 track coming into Rector," few will have the foggiest idea as to what you mean. That said, the discussions in those fora are extremely interesting and valuable to contextualize the things we discuss here.

😄 My (R) rides are typically garbage due to the (R) snaking it's way between City Hall and Dekalb. or to/from the QBL and the 60th st tunnel.