What steps to become bus operator

Mark1989

Hello,

im interested in becoming a nyc Mta bus operator. I live in ct and have a valid drivers license. What are the steps on applying. Sign up for an exam? When should I go for cdl b driving course? What material or books should I buy to study? Thanks to anyone  That replies and helps. 

1 hour ago, Mark1989 said:

Hello,

im interested in becoming a nyc Mta bus operator. I live in ct and have a valid drivers license. What are the steps on applying. Sign up for an exam? When should I go for cdl b driving course? What material or books should I buy to study? Thanks to anyone  That replies and helps. 

First of all, welcome to the forums!! If you haven't done so already, please check out the guidelines which we would like all members to follow at all times.

As far as the steps - the first one is to keep an eye on this page. From now until the end of 2019 there are not any chances to apply, or sign up for an exam. When there is a chance to apply, or sign up, which should be within the next calendar year or two, I would definitely encourage you to apply.

As far as going for the Class B CDL - it's up to you. Although it is recommended to get it before you enter the 10-day training session (click here for more information on that), it depends on your personal circumstances. Are you able to afford it? Are you able to take time off from work? Are you able to take time away from your personal life? Just keep in mind that, when you do take the road test, it will involve an inspection of the engine as well. Click here, here and here for a preview. Although you live in Connecticut, this is nation-wide.

As far as materials or books to buy, you're currently getting too ahead of yourself. Once the time gets closer, myself and the other members who've been through this before will guide you as far as what to study and what not to study.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, welcome to the forums!!

Edited by +Young+