New Flyer XD60 Delivery And Discussion Thread

davemackey

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, Silver Script said:

Looking at the seats, it's going to suck for anyone who sits on them for a long amount of time haha.

At least it's not the hardshell vandal resistant seat that MTA NYCT, CTA (Chicago) on some of their NovaBus LFSs  and my former transit TARTA on their new ElDorados 40' Axcess just to name a few TAs.

5 hours ago, jass said:

I cant see the photo.

The NJT order artics with only 2 doors again because they hate their riders?

It would make no sense for them to order 3-door artics especially when you consider they ordered both transit versions(local) and suburban versions(express).  They would rather offer more seats than reduce it.

The Newark routes do get crowded, but not crowded enough to warrant a 3-door spec. Fairview's routes get crowded, but those people always bitch about wanting more seats.

74478197_10217960608279198_6740168636620603392_o.jpg

Edited by Cait Sith

Wish NJ Transit can change the scheme a bit. The livery doesn't really look good on low floor buses in my opinion. Something similar to WMATA's 4th generation livery only looking good on low floor buses. NJ Transit's current livery looks better on high floor buses tbh. At least add a stripe or something.

4 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Wish NJ Transit can change the scheme a bit. The livery doesn't really look good on low floor buses in my opinion. Something similar to WMATA's 4th generation livery only looking good on low floor buses. NJ Transit's current livery looks better on high floor buses tbh. At least add a stripe or something.

I would rather have NJT to incorporate that scheme that was on Neoplan 9503 as a demo paint scheme.  The scheme is similar to their current ALP engines, but covers the the entire ad space from the first window on each side to the last window. That works better than this wave. Too much white paint to be your predominant scheme😑

49 minutes ago, Ron2themax said:

I would rather have NJT to incorporate that scheme that was on Neoplan 9503 as a demo paint scheme.  The scheme is similar to their current ALP engines, but covers the the entire ad space from the first window on each side to the last window. That works better than this wave. Too much white paint to be your predominant scheme😑

Exactly it looks so bland. If they added some stripes something similar to those Nova buses it would probably not look as bad.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, davemackey said:

The first of the new artic buses, Bus 20801 is on the property. Photo in a NJT bus fan group on Faceobok.

I'm guessing since 20801 is the first transit then 20901 will be the first suburban. And if they excerise the 85 bus option they would not start with 20 so they can do it again with examples 21801 transits and 21901 suburbans.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:17 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

It reminds me of the generic groceries you used to get at PathMark.

I wonder when this order gets going will these buses be driven from the plant to the JFK Airport Vendor or somewhere else? The current day MTA C40's and the Nova's were picked up in Jersey and driven to NYC, so a transit agency going to another state to pick up their buses from the Vendor isn't that far fetched. Just wondering....

7 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I wonder when this order gets going will these buses be driven from the plant to the JFK Airport Vendor or somewhere else? The current day MTA C40's and the Nova's were picked up in Jersey and driven to NYC, so a transit agency going to another state to pick up their buses from the Vendor isn't that far fetched. Just wondering....

They don't go to JFK. They go to another vendor in New Jersey.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ron2themax said:

I agree 100%. It's a shame cause blue, purple and orange are such vibrant colors but their scheme is so bland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...