New Flyer XD60 Delivery And Discussion Thread

davemackey

11 hours ago, davemackey said:

The first 25 buses were the option order, and the remaining buses will be part of the original 85. I don't know why they worked it that way. Anyhow, most of the buses through 20848 have now been inspected. All those newly inspected buses are heading to Big Tree so they will have 24 buses at least. I imagine Big Tree will be moving some of the lower-mileage Neoplans up to Fairview, or junking them. I'm told that through 20865 has been built, and they're still cranking out 2020 models for now.

Is the 25 bus order 20801-20825 or 20803-20827? I think I heard from somewhere that it was the latter because 20801 and 20802 are not part of it as they were built before the additional 25 was decided.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, davemackey said:

20855 and 20857 inspected. Both buses, and probably those inspected yesterday, will be Big Tree buses. 20839 in service.

Do you know when Fairview's and Meadowlands's will begin? Seems like a lot more than Big Tree's number of Neoplans (before Hilton's Neoplan exodus lol).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 1train2255railfan said:

20849 is currently running on the 156R. Must be an interesting sight (have XD60s ran on that route before?) 

Seems Fairview likes pulling out the new XD60s at night 

They have run on there. Meadowlands has runs on each of Fairview's lines except the 154. 

That's a Meadowlands bus. Fairview only has 20810. Their portion of the order will arrive after Meadowlands gets their 25 buses.

10 hours ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

They have run on there. Meadowlands has runs on each of Fairview's lines except the 154. 

That's a Meadowlands bus. Fairview only has 20810. Their portion of the order will arrive after Meadowlands gets their 25 buses.

Not any more. 20850-20852 just rolled into Fairview and they may also still have 20822. Right now the priority seems to be to get those remaining old Neoplans out of Fairview.

Edited by davemackey

1 hour ago, davemackey said:

Not any more. 20850-20852 just rolled into Fairview and they may also still have 20822. Right now the priority seems to be to get those remaining old Neoplans out of Fairview.

Funny thing is they arrived not even 8-9 hours after I posted this. 

20822 has returned to Hilton. I'm guessing what happened was they had an issue with 20810 and borrowed 20822 for a short time. It's back at Hilton now. 

12 hours ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

Funny thing is they arrived not even 8-9 hours after I posted this. 

20822 has returned to Hilton. I'm guessing what happened was they had an issue with 20810 and borrowed 20822 for a short time. It's back at Hilton now. 

Will 20810 ever return to Hilton?

On 10/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

My best bet is once the XD60s hit Fairfiew routes, 28010 will go to Hilton.

They may hold onto it similar to how Meadowlands still has 20801. 

2 hours ago, davemackey said:

20865-20868 have been inspected. Through 20854 now in service.

I assume these are also going to Fairview, no?

Also per FB, the 1 and weekday 70 are now running with articulated buses on certain runs.