Fall 2019 NYCT Schedules Are Up

Union Tpke

They made a mistake in the 4 Timetable. According the the timetable the (4) only stops at Atlantic evenings and late nights weekdays southbound.basically it would only stop there if it runs local. So the last (B) departure from Brighton Beach will now be 8:59. One hour less B service.

Edited by Abba

1 hour ago, Abba said:

They made a mistake in the 4 Timetable. According the the timetable the (4) only stops at Atlantic evenings and late nights weekdays southbound.basically it would only stop there if it runs local. So the last (B) departure from Brighton Beach will now be 8:59. One hour less B service.

looks like the (W) is keeping its current hours according to the new timetable 😁

How in the hell are they cutting the (4) and (5) ? Wednesday morning I was LATE getting to my meeting with the (MTA) because the (4)(5) was so packed that I had to wait a good FOUR trains because I could squeeze on one.  Sadly my BxM18 was so late getting to 42nd and 5th that I had to get off and run over to the subway, which was not my plan. Either way, this is ridiculous. After finally squeezing on a (4) train, we then CRAWLED down to Bowling Green.  Started the meeting 10 minutes late and I was not happy considering that I got on the 7:15 bus from Riverdale, so basically almost two hours to get Downtown. Ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

How in the hell are they cutting the (4) and (5) ? Wednesday morning I was LATE getting to my meeting with the (MTA) because the (4)(5) was so packed that I had to wait a good FOUR trains because I could squeeze on one.  Sadly my BxM18 was so late getting to 42nd and 5th that I had to get off and run over to the subway, which was not my plan. Either way, this is ridiculous. After finally squeezing on a (4) train, we then CRAWLED down to Bowling Green.  Started the meeting 10 minutes late and I was not happy considering that I got on the 7:15 bus from Riverdale, so basically almost two hours to get Downtown. Ridiculous.

If I read the chart above right, each of the 4 and 5 is losing ONE interval a day.

1 minute ago, Italianstallion said:

If I read the chart above right, each of the 4 and 5 is losing ONE interval a day.

I don't think anything should be cut.  I thought the (Q) was supposed to alleviate crowding on the Lex line, but that has been short lived. Wednesday was the first time in a while that I have used the subway, and I don't regret it. I have heard of nothing but endless problems, especially on the (A) and (1) line.  

52 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

The (5) is going to be a Dyre shuttle one hour earlier in the evening. Also, the two reverse peak (5) trips to 241 St in the morning are also cut back to Gun Hill Rd and will be running express to Gun Hill Rd instead of local north of E 180 St to 241 St

Edited by GreatOne2k

14 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I don't think anything should be cut.  I thought the (Q) was supposed to alleviate crowding on the Lex line, but that has been short lived.

The (Q) alleviated the Lex line so much that the latter must be dipping below 125% loading guidelines during certain hours.

You know the (MTA) and their arbitrary guidelines...

Edited by paulrivera

19 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I thought the (Q) was supposed to alleviate crowding on the Lex line, but that has been short lived.

The problem with their logic is that SAS doesn't do anything to reduce crowding between Bleecker and 51st, where most of the crowding on the (6) was in the first place (and still is). 

The Midtown East rezoning and the use of R62As on the (6) has only made this worse, particularly in peak times. The increases in dwells can make trains as much as 5 minutes late before they even get on Lex proper.

Personally wish that the minimum weekend frequency is 8 minutes (7.5 tph)/10 minutes (6 tph), instead of 12 minutes (5 tph). This way, every trunk line in the system on weekends would be seeing service up to about 18-20 tph, rather than mostly 15 tph. Obviously 12 minutes is one less train an hour, but still. Even the (2) and (4) run every 12 minutes each, as per their respective timetable, after about 6 or 7 in the evening on weekends. Early Sunday mornings, the (A) is also running on a 12 minute headway (west of Rockaway Blvd), resulting in a 24 minute headway for both the Lefferts and Rockaway branches.

4 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

They also made Manhattan bound (E) service start running local in Queens a bit earlier than before. 

Before they did this, they had a 30 min gap in Manhattan-bound service between the last (R) and the first (E) because the (M) -- which used to reduce that gap to 20 -- is at 96 now. Somehow wasn't caught when they did the original schedule. Glad to see they're fixing it.

Edited by RR503

40 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Before they did this, they had a 30 min gap in Manhattan-bound service between the last (R) and the first (E) because the (M) -- which used to reduce that gap to 20 -- is at 96 now. Somehow wasn't caught when they did the original schedule. Glad to see they're fixing it.

Makes sense to close that gap.

15 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Makes sense to close that gap.

Off the top of my head, (A) trains leaving Far Rockaway after 9 or 10 in the evening till midnight run a whooping 30 minute headway. Same with the Lefferts Blvd Branch, resulting in a 15 minute headway west of Rockaway Blvd.

Grrrr.

• 2 weeks later...