World of Subways, Vol. 1 - PATH

Y2Julio

I got it when it first came out and I do like it. The only problem I have is that on my laptop it takes a while to load, but then I can get some work done while waiting. Another thing I'm not too happy about is that there are alot of stuck red signals especially round Hoboken when I try to go 33rd Street to Journal Square via Hoboken. This would not be such a problem if you could key by the signals sing most seem to automatics, but some times I get stuck at an interlocking and if you pass the signal it ends the game. I heard that there was a patch to fix this, but I downloaded it after the patch came out and this problem was supposed to be fixed. Now I just wish I had a nice and fast desk top so I could play this on high detail.

I have it installed on my laptop and desktop. So far I'm liking it a lot. It runs decently on my laptop. I haven't tried it on my desktop yet. The only thing I don't like is how I have to do the conductors job on top of operating the train. Also I don't get the thing about turning off the lights when you are in side the station?

DAMN i was gonna post this B) ~ thanks jul lol

and yes I have found one, im doing the piracy way :) , found it on RS, gonna load to my website and submit to DDLs

sorry cant post here , as no piracy allowed here , but maybe some shots, i guess

I tried it for the first time last weekend. It was very good and the detail is nice. There are a couple observations I have so far though that they need to fix..

When you coast with the train, you lose speed too fast, trains keep their momentum better. In the game "coasting" is a lot like min braking...

Also some of the curves and switches are a bit extreme, taking a switch at 10-15 MPH in some areas "feels" almost like a roller coaster snaking left then right really fast.

The C/R announcements are supposed to be muffled because it's funny...

And lastly those stuck reds are kind of annoying, and you can't key by them, I teased my friend when he did that and he failed..."hey didn't know they built AK into these signals...nope wait they didn't! FAIL!!" :)

I don't take the PATH that often but are the speed restrictions really that restrictive? 15MPH for a tunnel that is straight with no curves for a good stretch??

No. The river tunnels in particular are faster than in the game. Also, there are timed signals that the game doesn't seem to be able to simulate, unless they add that feature in later

Matt, did u put it up one your site, I can't find it??

No not yet, I have an ISO and crack, seems like my Acer 3680 doesnt work ;) due to my specs, trying other ways

also its a DVD, requires XP or Vista~ Direct X 9 Runtime and other hardware

@Julio, i think u mean Buy, cuz thats not the pirating url

No not yet, I have an ISO and crack, seems like my Acer 3680 doesnt work ;) due to my specs, trying other ways

He asked where he can download it. If he buys it, he can download it from there. ;)

Can you at least IM me the URL?

I plan on getting this, but im waiting for my copy of trainz classics to arrive first. This simulator looks splendid. I have to wait until I get new PC parts for my desktop to play this. My laptop should probably run this fine

• 3 weeks later...

Archived