World of Subways, Vol. 1 - PATH

Y2Julio

• 7 months later...

Haha, just got this... runs fine on my laptop on high detail, and I believe the version I got has been "already patched" because coasting with the train doesn't seem unusual.

What I like about this simulator is it's the first Train Sim I've... really ever played that replicated the environment this well. I've tried Trainz, and I liked it a lot... but you could never get past that fact that it looks like you're imitating a model railroad more than anything else. The scenery isn't convincing at all, although the trains themselves are great. Never tried MSTS.

I feel they could have worked on a couple things before releasing this game, though. First off, on my fav. route out to Newark, the NEC is dead and the traffic outside doesn't move. That said, though... the buildings look great. The only other train cars I spotted were what looked to be Superliners at the Newark station, which is incorrect. Let's see the PATH get overtaken by a NJT arrow as we slow down for Harrison or something.

THE CONDUCTOR VOICE. It deducts from your "score" if you don't make announcements, (which I've learned you have to hit ALL the proper announcements) but this shizz is laughable. I guess the accent must be German since that's where the game comes from... but hahah...

"DIZZ EZ A NURK TRAIN."

"The next stop will be shoun square."

"STAN CLEER OV ZE DOORS!"

Ugh....... haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived