Bus to subway transfers

BreeddekalbL

as i return to my city to visit for the first time in 13 years

i have a question

Since my mom and i will be traveling throughout the city and we will be staying with a friend off of Francis Lewis and the Q76 and the (F) train will be our friend to go out  will we get a bus to subway transfer our metrocards every time we use it?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Yes, when you swipe to get on a bus you will get 1 transfer loaded onto your card automatically. When you get to the subway you will swipe at the turnstile and it will count as a transfer and cost nothing.  On the way back when you swipe into the subway to get on the F, you'll have a transfer when you swipe onto the Q76 bus.   Just know that transfers are only good for 2 hours but if you're strictly going from Q76 to F train and vice versa, you'll have plenty of time before it expires.

2 minutes ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

Yes, when you swipe to get on a bus you will get 1 transfer loaded onto your card automatically. When you get to the subway you will swipe at the turnstile and it will count as a transfer and cost nothing.  On the way back when you swipe into the subway to get on the F, you'll have a transfer when you swipe onto the Q76 bus.   Just know that transfers are only good for 2 hours but if you're strictly going from Q76 to F train and vice versa, you'll have plenty of time before it expires.

yep which is what we likely be doing