Bumped From Depot- What to expect?

Cris428711

Hello! I was curious if someone could help clarify what the next steps look like after you’ve been bumped from a depot. I started at MTA Bus Co. a few months ago and found out yesterday that I’ve been bumped out during the picks. I picked earlier today into a new depot, which I knew would end up happening. My only concern is the misleading information about whether or not I will receive new line training at this new depot. Can someone please let me know what I should be expecting in the next couple weeks? I should note I opted for vacation relief board, which I am currently doing at my depot now and enjoy. Only thing is I had 4 weeks to learn all the routes. I’m now being told different stories of no training when you get bumped. Thanks for all the help!!

1. Will I receive line training at my new depot?

2. How many days will I get to train?

3. Am I responsible for training on my days off?

4. Will I be sent out to do a run if I’ve never trained for it? 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:47 AM, Cris428711 said:

Hello! I was curious if someone could help clarify what the next steps look like after you’ve been bumped from a depot. I started at MTA Bus Co. a few months ago and found out yesterday that I’ve been bumped out during the picks. I picked earlier today into a new depot, which I knew would end up happening. My only concern is the misleading information about whether or not I will receive new line training at this new depot. Can someone please let me know what I should be expecting in the next couple weeks? I should note I opted for vacation relief board, which I am currently doing at my depot now and enjoy. Only thing is I had 4 weeks to learn all the routes. I’m now being told different stories of no training when you get bumped. Thanks for all the help!!

1. Will I receive line training at my new depot?

2. How many days will I get to train?

3. Am I responsible for training on my days off?

4. Will I be sent out to do a run if I’ve never trained for it? 

They will DEFINITELY send you out to do a run even if you have no idea where you're going lol. That has happened to me a few times where I had to direct bus drivers. 

On 12/15/2019 at 2:45 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They will DEFINITELY send you out to do a run even if you have no idea where you're going lol. That has happened to me a few times where I had to direct bus drivers. 

Thank you for the response... I had a feeling that was going to be the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year at my Depot “Flatbush” the first week of the new pick they had 2 buses for route training purpose and the depot both union chair and vice took all pick-in operators In groups out on the road on a Sunday doing not in service tour on the routes. But the depot you’re going to are suppose to give you a few days to go learn the route and get paid for (2) hours. The crew dispatcher will give you a slip  for you to fill out and whoever is the operator you decided to ride with has to fill it out their section. “You have to dip your Pass into the fare-box”.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:58 AM, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Last year at my Depot “Flatbush” the first week of the new pick they had 2 buses for route training purpose and the depot both union chair and vice took all pick-in operators In groups out on the road on a Sunday doing not in service tour on the routes. But the depot you’re going to are suppose to give you a few days to go learn the route and get paid for (2) hours. The crew dispatcher will give you a slip  for you to fill out and whoever is the operator you decided to ride with has to fill it out their section. “You have to dip your Pass into the fare-box”.

Usually when they put out the extra list assignments up on the board they'll sometimes have operators who are "Riding lines" for that day.