Select Bus Service Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

On 8/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, B35 via Church said:

This post is all over the place.... What does the M60 & the Q47 running to Marine Air Term. have to do with the Q70 (which doesn't serve that part of the airport) running artics?

The idea is that the Q47 can't support everyone trying to get to and from the B6 (airline) terminal when it's actually functioning again.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

The idea is that the Q47 can't support everyone trying to get to and from the B6 (airline) terminal when it's actually functioning again.

The Q47 doesn't even get particularly high ridership from there.

18 hours ago, Lex said:

The Q47 doesn't even get particularly high ridership from there.

That's something else that's comical about this whole thing, but....

19 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Let me get this right.... You've suggested combining the Q53 & the Q70 - but now you want to put more of a burden on the Q70 by having it serve the Marine Air Terminal - based off a belief that the Q47 won't be able to handle whatever influx of people emanating from JetBlue when some sense of normalcy transpires? There's a word for that & it's called delusional - @Lex already pointed out why.

These aren't the only suggestions you've had for that route either..... Very odd fixation you have with marring the thing....

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

You do realize most of LGA's ridership comes from the M60 & Q70-SBS, right?

Apparently not, if he's up here wondering if its necessary to have 2 routes running between Woodside & Marine Air Terminal (which implicates the Q47 & the Q70)....

The last thing the Q47 needs is a supplement.... To/from LGA specifically, I'd say it needs life support.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, aemoreira81 said:

On the Q70, the no standing rules really need to be enforced so that two Q70 buses can easily fit in the stand on Woodside. Oftentimes, I see a Q70 needing to park at the 63 Street Q18 stop for lack of room.

Also, with B6 (the airline jetBlue, not the route) unlikely to leave the Marine Air Terminal, is there a need for a less-frequent shuttle just going to Terminal A? Keep in mind that previosuly, there were 12 rigids covering the Q70, and now there are 13 articulated buses. A caveat now is that B6 hardly has any operations now at Marine Air as there are only 1-3 flights each day there...with a plane that may sit for a few days before flying again, but when short-haul can return to normal, those six gates at Marine Air (Terminal A) will be busy, and as such, I would wonder if it's necessary to have two buses operating only Woodside to Terminal A

Currently, the maximum amount of buses needed for the Q70 SBS is 9 (accounting for delays). Also, this would not be needed now, but when traffic from LGA returns to near normal, I do see the need for 2 buses to run just to Terminal A.

I think people is not use to Woodside Av/61st St area is new bus stop.

Also remember taxis and car service always block 74th St Bus Terminal on Broadway side, so all buses getting out of bus terminal have to honk.

2 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

I think people is not use to Woodside Av/61st St area is new bus stop.

Also remember taxis and car service always block 74th St Bus Terminal on Broadway side, so all buses getting out of bus terminal have to honk.

Yeah, and taxi's clog up the area around 61st-Woodside (7) also....

2 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

Also I wonder why Q48 bus can't go back to Marine Air Terminal when Q48 buses past by from Temrinal B to Ditmars Blvd/81st St.

Hell with the Q48, I wonder why they reverted M60's to serving Marine Air Terminal.... Straight waste of time... It's wtf you have the free airport shuttle buses for.

Just now, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, and taxi's clog up the area around 61st-Woodside (7) also....

Hell with the Q48, I wonder why they reverted M60's to serving Marine Air Terminal.... Straight waste of time... It's wtf you have the free airport shuttle buses for.

Airport shuttle buses has been merge to all terminal, leaving from Terminal A, PANY Police, Terminal D, Ditmars Blvd/102nd St Bridge, Terminal D, C, 102nd St Bridge/Ditmars Blvd, 94th St/23rd Av, Terminal B, ANA Cargo,  Bowery Lane, Terminal A.

https://www.nextbus.com/googleMap/?a=lga&r=blue2&d=loop&s=trma

Also I wonder why M60 SBS's machine can't move to northside on 23rd Av/94th St, since I think it's better M60 SBS go straight on 23rd Av to Ditmars Blvd, rather then making right turn from 94th St to Ditmars Blvd.

Edited by FamousNYLover

25 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

Also I wonder why M60 SBS's machine can't move to northside on 23rd Av/94th St, since I think it's better M60 SBS go straight on 23rd Av to Ditmars Blvd, rather then making right turn from 94th St to Ditmars Blvd.

Maybe it's cheaper to keep the weird route than to move the machines.

12 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

....Also I wonder why M60 SBS's machine can't move to northside on 23rd Av/94th St, since I think it's better M60 SBS go straight on 23rd Av to Ditmars Blvd, rather then making right turn from 94th St to Ditmars Blvd.

That routing is temporary anyway, so I wouldn't stress it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, FamousNYLover said:

Also I wonder why Q48 bus can't go back to Marine Air Terminal when Q48 buses past by from Temrinal B to Ditmars Blvd/81st St.

The Q48 doesn’t have high airport ridership to begin with. So cutting the route from terminal A didn’t do much in terms of ridership. The real question should be is what is the Q48 doing still running all the way to 82nd street just to head back to Flushing. I would have it loop around LGA the same way the Q70 and Q72 does and have it head back to Flushing via 94th street 

18 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The Q48 doesn’t have high airport ridership to begin with. So cutting the route from terminal A didn’t do much in terms of ridership. The real question should be is what is the Q48 doing still running all the way to 82nd street just to head back to Flushing. I would have it loop around LGA the same way the Q70 and Q72 does and have it head back to Flushing via 94th street 

I think maybe some people still want 23rd Av service.

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Is the B82 still scheduled for articulated conversion? I remember reading about it somewhere.

19 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

1). Patience 

2). No time table for official announcement.  

He wasn't being impatient, just asking if the idea was still on the table.

At the moment, I don't think MTA has enough articulated buses to accommodate the B82 or B82-SBS, but it could very well be the next route up for conversion.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

He wasn't being impatient, just asking if the idea was still on the table.

At the moment, I don't think MTA has enough articulated buses to accommodate the B82 or B82-SBS, but it could very well be the next route up for conversion.

To my belief ENY is still training with artics. On occasion I’ve seen either 5487 or 5501 traveling down Flatlands. However, you are correct with regards to the current situation with the artics right now.  

On 6/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, FamousNYLover said:

What do you think on green on Northern Blvd. She want to advocate for bus lane, SBS on Q66.

There are things SBS can do to the Q66, only thing I dislike is they made Northern Blvd like if you step on it, ill die. I literally pass by Northern like more than 100+ times in a month and my heart is still beating, they made it extremely dramatic but the idea of SBS seems worth it

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread to talk about the Bx6 SBS, specifically its "extension to Soundview". 

So allegedly it's supposed to be implemented by the time the Metrocard is phased out. However as of recently full OMNY implementation has been postponed indefinitely, which most likely means the replacement of the Metrocard is postponed as well. Do we believe that the Bx6 SBS extension will be implemented in 2024? I take it as a no especially since it seems like OMNY is nowhere near done with even implementing simple things like the fare machine. 

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 8:43 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Bumping this thread to talk about the Bx6 SBS, specifically its "extension to Soundview". 

So allegedly it's supposed to be implemented by the time the Metrocard is phased out. However as of recently full OMNY implementation has been postponed indefinitely, which most likely means the replacement of the Metrocard is postponed as well. Do we believe that the Bx6 SBS extension will be implemented in 2024? I take it as a no especially since it seems like OMNY is nowhere near done with even implementing simple things like the fare machine. 

Probably not, realistically I don't expect Metrocards to be fully phased put until 2026 at the earliest.