Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Mtahopeful121986

NYCT Fare Enforcement Agent Exam #0615 Application Period Feb. 2020

I seen on the mta website it has a exam being held  in 2020 called fare enforcement agent. Curious to know is that gonna be a new title? Something similiar to station agent? Or is it a mta law enforcement position 

• Upvote 1

As soon as I saw this, I thought it was going to be those folks on the Select Bus Service routes who check the receipts of those who paid on the fare. Those that are in the subway just watch to make sure everyone paid through the turnstile, however with OMNY coming out and the MetroCard eventually disappearing, I don't know how that's all going to work out.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, lornaevo said:

Anyone have further info on this?

Here is the Notice of Examination. All of the necessary information is included in the notice.

Good luck folks!!

Pay is decent and seems interesting but seems like it is a basically security position while Enforcing the pay since it does say it requires a security license . Anyone got any information about this position at all? Already read the Notice Of Examination and i cannot find any information about this position at all!

I also can’t find information at all about this position, looks like is a new position too. But you basically a security guard, so no gun, no vest, no authority? Sounds dangerous in my opinion. I thought they would give them Peace Officer status at least. With that pay they should just bring back the New York Transit Authority Police. But is too early to tell wether or not is worth it, we might have to get more info in this job from the MTA. 

On 12/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, +Young+ said:

As soon as I saw this, I thought it was going to be those folks on the Select Bus Service routes who check the receipts of those who paid on the fare. Those that are in the subway just watch to make sure everyone paid through the turnstile, however with OMNY coming out and the MetroCard eventually disappearing, I don't know how that's all going to work out.

Welcome to 2020 where tablet can change everything 😂😂😂😂

i also wonder what the station agent going to do now lol

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

I applied but I can’t pay the fee?They have check my initial evaluation. Wonder what that is, is that the new way of hiring applications now?

usually I applied, I paid the test fee.

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

50 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Welcome to 2020 where tablet can change everything 😂😂😂😂

i also wonder what the station agent going to do now lol

I mean with the new OMNY System aren’t people going to have to option of getting a new special type of card or something? It could have the same way of recharging like a normal metro card so those jobs might not be as affected, I don’t think everyone will start using their debit cards to swipe to go into the subway lol